Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Who Has Experienced This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Has Experienced This (657 Views)

Have You Experienced This? / Have you experienced this about 2004 Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Experienced This by bonnyhope: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2023
Please I need a precise approach to this car issue

It is Toyota Matrix that was bought as tokumbo about 3yrs ago, The car has been a good one.

Now the issue is that atimes light does not come to dash board even when the ignition is ON, It can even start but there will be no light on the dash board, no instruments will show, central lock button will not work.

All the fuses will be in good condition but still the light seizes from dashboard till after sometime.

I need hints on how to go about it.

Thank you.
Re: Who Has Experienced This by Angrigowt: 6:23am On Dec 04, 2023
Time to sell it
Re: Who Has Experienced This by bonnyhope: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2023
Angrigowt:
Time to sell it

Not possible

There must be a solution
Re: Who Has Experienced This by boldx(m): 2:46am On Dec 05, 2023
Check fuses
Re: Who Has Experienced This by Montaque(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2023
There is a knob on the left side of the steering. That turns on the lights on the dashboard. Maybe someone turned it off unknowingly

1 Like

Re: Who Has Experienced This by Whois(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2023
Montaque:
There is a knob on the left side of the steering. That turns on the lights on the dashboard. Maybe someone turned it off unknowingly

There was a day I left my daughter and wife inside car, on getting back, baby have gone to twist the knob you mentioned. That was how I drove the car that night without seeing what's going on in my dashboard but on getting home I recollected it's the knob. I twisted it and all the lights came on

3 Likes

Re: Who Has Experienced This by Montaque(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
Whois:

There was a day I left my daughter and wife inside car, on getting back, baby have gone to twist the knob you mentioned. That was how I drove the car that night without seeing what's going on in my dashboard but on getting home I recollected it's the knob. I twisted it and all the lights came on

Happened to me too. The person that washed the car turned it down. I took the car to the mechanic workshop. It was there that they told me its not a fault.
Re: Who Has Experienced This by bonnyhope: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
boldx:
Check fuses

Tnx

One of fuses was not properly tightened, so it was a case of a partial contract in the wiring

(1) (Reply)

Help Ooooo!!!!! Camry 1998 Wants To Kill Me!! / Tips To Run LED Lights / Pls I Need Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.