Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? (344 Views)

What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? / Learn Any Programming Language At Your Convenient Time- Beginner To Advance / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by toni2552: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2023
Should it be given advantag over ex. Python or Java?

1 Like

Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by airsaylongcome: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
Does it matter what language is used? I'm asking because whatever language is used, the underlying Introductory concepts taught are still the same. You get to learn about keywords, strings, literals, variables and their types, reading input from user and displaying output to screen all of which can be done in any chosen programming language
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by frankosivue(m): 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Does it matter what language is used? I'm asking because whatever language is used, the underlying Introductory concepts taught are still the same. You get to learn about keywords, strings, literals, variables and their types, reading input from user and displaying output to screen all of which can be done in any chosen programming language
That's the point for introduction to computer science. it's all about understanding programming constructs.
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by Domaining101: 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
toni2552:
Should it be given advantag over ex. Python or Java?
Which school is that undecided
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by tollyboy5(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
I think No.
C++ learning curve is crazy. Most especially when you start using pointers and reference grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by Paystack: 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
Yes it should

Once u learn it... The confidence alone you'd exude will make learning other languages a child's play.
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by ManAdii: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2023
The best that happened to me was learning C as my first programming language.
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by Codevalley: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2023
C programing is s solid foundation for every other programing languages.
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by techaboki: 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2023
C++ is no joke

You don't even have to learn the language, just learn data structures and algorithms using C++ and you're a king because you'll just be writing other object oriented languages like a wizard

That language is for geniuses, because they communicate with the hardware themselves

Unlike us that are just managing our web applications development and are still not unemployed.
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by airsaylongcome: 2:32am On Dec 05, 2023
techaboki:
C++ is no joke

You don't even have to learn the language, just learn data structures and algorithms using C++ and you're a king because you'll just be writing other object oriented languages like a wizard

That language is for geniuses, because they communicate with the hardware themselves

Unlike us that are just managing our web applications development and are still not unemployed.

Geniuses? Really? I don't think so. C++ is not as difficult as many people try to portray it. If I was to go back to writing code, C++ is definitely something I'd be happy to go back to
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by Codevalley: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Geniuses? Really? I don't think so. C++ is not as difficult as many people try to portray it. If I was to go back to writing code, C++ is definitely something I'd be happy to go back to
Hmm...are you not currently writing code baba?What niche are you currently in?
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by Siberia01(m): 10:09am On Dec 05, 2023
Never regretted taking Java as major
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by airsaylongcome: 10:41am On Dec 05, 2023
Codevalley:

Hmm...are you not currently writing code baba?What niche are you currently in?

No I'm not actively writing production code. I'm currently working in Business telephony aka VoIP. So I write and tweak config files to implement several dialplans (how calls get routed to what end user). Mostly Database and XML file config

1 Like

Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by PedoBear: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2023
Switch majors , cpp is not meant for you
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by mikeljack(m): 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2023
Please I want to learn programming
Am in my first year
How can I go about it
My whatsapp number
Re: Should C++ Be Taught As The First Programming Language At School? by Codevalley: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

No I'm not actively writing production code. I'm currently working in Business telephony aka VoIP. So I write and tweak config files to implement several dialplans (how calls get routed to what end user). Mostly Database and XML file config
Nice one baba!

(1) (Reply)

Am Stucked In Writing A Javascript Program / Will Give You Access To Any Udemy Course Of Your Choice For #2000. Only 10 Slots / Prestashop Booking And Rental System By Knowband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.