Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? (909 Views)

What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? / Python Or Ruby For First Programming Learning / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
What was the very first programming language you learnt?

Mine was JavaScript. What was yours?
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Absuchat(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
Obasempiree:

Are you sure you've learnt JavaScript?
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Absuchat:

Are you sure you've learnt JavaScript?
There is no end in learning a programming language. But am extremely familiar with JavaScript and have been a web developer for 3 years now.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Absuchat(m): 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Obasempiree:

There is no end in learning a programming language. But am extremely familiar with JavaScript and have been a web developer for 3 years now.
How good are you in jQuery, Angular js and react?
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by BenedictAbajue(m): 7:19am On Sep 14, 2023
Python is my first computer language.
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by emperor4love(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
Python is my first computer language.
how do u go about it cos most advise one to learn basic before other backend
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Tunagy: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
mine is python, now using php/laravel, I'm open for any project
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by BenedictAbajue(m): 1:49am On Sep 15, 2023
emperor4love:
how do u go about it cos most advise one to learn basic before other backend
that advise is for people who plan to use it for website.
Python is not for only website backend.
I'm using it for data analysis and machine learning.
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Cheapassignment(m): 5:47am On Sep 15, 2023
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-assignment-help/">HND Assignment Help</a> Right Away With a Fair Price
We recognize the strain that comes with an HND course because it requires a major time and effort commitment. The amount of research, analysis, and application of

theoretical concepts required for <a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/btec-hnc-business-assignment-help/">HND coursework</a> might be intimidating for

students. Our team of professionals is here to support you along the way by offering you high-caliber <a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-assignment-

help-uk/">HND assignment assistance services</a>. We have a staff of skilled and experienced experts who have a variety of HND specialties and are knowledgeable about

the most recent academic trends and standards.

BTEC ASSIGNMENT HELP

<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/btec-hnc-business-assignment-help/">BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business Assignment Help</a>
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-accounting-assignment-help/
">Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business (1 year only) Assignment Help</a>
BTEC Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies (EDMSL) Assignment Help
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/btec-hnd-in-business/">BTEC Professional Development Diploma in Marketing and Advertising Assignment Help</a>
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnc-diploma-higher-national-certificate-travel-tourism/">Facilities Management Assignment Help</a>
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-accounting-assignment-help/">ICS Chartered Shipbrokers Assignment Help</a>
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-advertising-assignment-help/">The Diploma in International Trade Assignment Help</a>
Certificate in International Trade Assignment Help
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-aeronautical-engineering-assignment-help/">Professional Development Certificate in Maritime Studies Assignment

Help</a>
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-assignment-help/btec-assignment-help/">BTEC Higher National Certificate in Business Assignment Help</a>
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnd-assignment-help/ed-excel-assignment-writing-help/">BTEC Higher National Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management

Assignment Help</a>
<a href="https://www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk/hnc-diploma-hospitality-management/">BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business and Finance Assignment Help</a>

WhatsApp:+91-9519066910
Email:ozpaperhelp@gmail.com
www.ozpaperhelp.com
www.cheapassignmenthelp.co.uk
https://assignmenthelpadda.com/
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by qtguru(m): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2023
C++ (basic)
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2023
qtguru:
C++ (basic)
niceone, are you a game developer?
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2023
Tunagy:
mine is python, now using php/laravel, I'm open for any project
nice one, are you a backend developer?
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2023
Absuchat:

How good are you in jQuery, Angular js and react?
i use react.js. jQuery is no longer in use, i dnt use it anymore.
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Tunagy: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2023
Obasempiree:

nice one, are you a backend developer?
yes, strictly backend
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by qtguru(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Obasempiree:

niceone, are you a game developer?

Wanted to be, but bills, maybe when I retire or achieve financial freedom I'll try it. I wrote some OpenGL codes (again basic code) in C++ and tried out Cocoas2d at a point. Eric Okafor is more of a gamedev here.
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Absuchat(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Obasempiree:

i use react.js. jQuery is no longer in use, i dnt use it anymore.
LoL...on the contrary, jQuery is still much in use. You may not be using it but it's still in use
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by airsaylongcome: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
Started with BASIC while self studying in JSS2. QBASIC and IBM BASIC mostly. Them went to Uni and learned PASCAL. It was in uni that I fully understood all the BASIC I was typing all those years back. And it turned out very helpful. My first two programming courses were a breeze in uni. I was so good that my instructor referred people to me for "tutorials". In fact in my final exam for Programming II, I literally walked into the exam hall directly from the club from the night before. Half intoxicated and only just having enough time to brush, bathe and freshen up. Still got an A lol. Then I became too confident heading into Data Structures and Algorithm and got a very low B. By this time, OOP had become the trend so we switched to C++. It was brutal changing from Procedural programming to OOP. Still managed to use "sense" to get through that course. Got to DBMS and things hook. I could never fully understand the abracadabra that was SQL. Sure I can do basic SQL selects and all, but all those inner joins and more complicated stuff like 4NF normalisation and Backus-Naur Normalisation were just pure wizardry for me back then.

Edit: Also dabbled into Java. And still have some dreams of coming back to Java. But for now, I dey try see front. So it's mostly Linux bash files and some RPA programming I do. A sprinkling of Excel Macros if I absolutely have to
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by KushLyon(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
C.... And I actually loved it, thanks to the way harvard taught it wink
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Sheriman(m): 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Started with BASIC while self studying in JSS2. QBASIC and IBM BASIC mostly. Them went to Uni and learned PASCAL. It was in uni that I fully understood all the BASIC I was typing all those years back. And it turned out very helpful. My first two programming courses were a breeze in uni. I was so good that my instructor referred people to me for "tutorials". In fact in my final exam for Programming II, I literally walked into the exam hall directly from the club from the night before. Half intoxicated and only just having enough time to brush, bathe and freshen up. Still got an A lol. Then I became too confident heading into Data Structures and Algorithm and got a very low B. By this time, OOP had become the trend so we switched to C++. It was brutal changing from Procedural programming to OOP. Still managed to use "sense" to get through that course. Got to DBMS and things hook. I could never fully understand the abracadabra that was SQL. Sure I can do basic SQL selects and all, but all those inner joins and more complicated stuff like 4NF normalisation and Backus-Naur Normalisation were just pure wizardry for me back then.

Edit: Also dabbled into Java. And still have some dreams of coming back to Java. But for now, I dey try see front. So it's mostly Linux bash files and some RPA programming I do. A sprinkling of Excel Macros if I absolutely have to
You have really tried for yourself but I advise you to niche down to only one language and the master of the language. I think that is the best thing to do as a programmer
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by airsaylongcome: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Sheriman:

You have really tried for yourself but I advise you to niche down to only one language and the master of the language. I think that is the best thing to do as a programmer

All of this isn’t now stuff o! I started in the 90s
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 12:17am On Sep 16, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You sound like an early genuis lol.
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 12:17am On Sep 16, 2023
KushLyon:
C.... And I actually loved it, thanks to the way harvard taught it wink
Nice one
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by airsaylongcome: 3:02am On Sep 16, 2023
Obasempiree:

You sound like an early genuis lol.

At all. Na condition. I had a friend whose dad worked at NNPC, so they were able to afford a PC. And he was very good playing one game called “Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?” As I no fit use computer or play the game, I swear say I must program my own game. Luckily I went to a school that had a programming book about writing a detective game. Na so I borrow the book repeatedly for 4 years, renewing every week. Librarian knew me and always reserved the book for me. She was an American returnee. That’s how I got into programming and IT. Sad thing, I never still write the game wey I dey plan to write…😂
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by seunny4lif(m): 1:35am On Sep 17, 2023
Java
Crazy language but it made other languages not so hard for me.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Obasempiree(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
seunny4lif:
Java
Crazy language but it made other languages not so hard for me.
Nice one are u a backend developer?
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by KrazyDave16(m): 8:07am On Sep 19, 2023
Js, cos of the hype.
Dropped it, wasn't feeling the hype.
Picked up Rust, bit of C, and TypeScript (mostly for working on a gnome extension).
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by mrdino(m): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
Fortran
Re: What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? by Unbiased1: 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
Obasempiree:

Started with JavaScript and Python because of the hype. I later developed interest in web design and interactive animations which made me focus more on JavaScript since I could use it to manipulate the dom to create the effects I wanted.
Later went on to learn PHP and MySQL for backend but dump them after I discovered I was more comfortable with Node JS and the JSON format used in mongoDB.
Today I can develop both frontend and backend applications using JavaScript and it's frameworks and libraries (React JS or Next JS and Node) with mongoDB as my preferred database. I no longer code python by the way, I dump it a long time ago.

(1) (Reply)

Social Networking For Techies / Want 2 B A Programmer / Please Guys, I Need Your Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.