Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Why? Nigeria Developers! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why? Nigeria Developers! (690 Views)

Free Website Design for Nigerian Ngos plus Why Nigeria NGOs Should Have Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why? Nigeria Developers! by guru01(m): 6:37am On Oct 31, 2011
Hello Nigerians, thank you for reading this post.
Well according to the above topic, i find it very difficult to see why
developers in Nigeria don't appreciate their self. What i mean is that, Nigerian developer
don't find time to developing their environment, rather they go on developing that no one knows about.

Federal govt. as we all know don't know about technology(basically on the aspect of software)
(in fact all aspect), and the reason i said so is because they don't give a damn, not knowing
that technology plays a vital role in any economy development, all they care about is the oil/agro/bank,
and that alone is why all Nigerians company/industry can't strive online locally/internationally.

Most of Nigeria companies only know how to put information online, but can not process it. Well its not their
fault, so am calling on all developers(web/desktop) to pls see reason why we need to create awereness to tell people
what a website is(its not where you post only your company profile or contact form, is more than that brother).

Also if you agree with me, an average internet user in naija only knows how to visit his favourite social networking sit,
so why should a company pay 10k for web development, if the user don't know the worth.
And that is the main fact they are pricing low for the job( so of us are even blaming them for that). So if am to blame anybody
i will put the blame on developers, because we are all missing it. if you notice, most of the foreign developers, develop application
that help solve problem within their environment, why can't we?
All we are going after is foreign client(s), what happen to the one in Nigeria, don't they have money(of course they have), but they
don't understand why they should pay so much money. All i want is not to start something online, but for we to start something as one. One more thing
is that we don't appreciate ourselves. Don't you like to receive an award for your hand-work/creativity, music/movie industry do it, bankers do it, etc,
why can't we? Or don't you like to be recognize/appreciated for you creativity?

To cut the long story short, we need to come together as one to build this industry(our world), what we have passion for. I can't do it alone, because
we are together in this and i need your support and wisdom.

Cheers.
Re: Why? Nigeria Developers! by dhtml1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2011
Muy muy bien.
Re: Why? Nigeria Developers! by binkabir(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2011
developers in nigeria are.
1. greedy
2. dont truth each other.
3. some are cut and paste. (code copiers).

once i met a developer here in Abuja, so i was try to introduce d concept of "cloud developing". the first thing that came out of his mouth was "what is the sharing formulea". i was really pissed up. lipsrsealed

if the developers in Nigeria will not make the government recognize them, then who will do that for them. sad sad
Re: Why? Nigeria Developers! by dhtml1(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2011
Did you just say some are cut and paste? Most are cut and paste (the way you put it). When you see people start posting adverts - design company site for 10k - what do you want people to think? That it is a worthless job.
Re: Why? Nigeria Developers! by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2011
I believe, we'll get there soon.

Website design and development in Nigeria marketplace is still fresh.
Lets forget about Nigerian govts. but continue to showcase more website.
Re: Why? Nigeria Developers! by guru01(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
More websites and more websites = websites, no difference.
Even if you do a site for 500k/1m, what is the use if Nigerians don't value it.
1. greedy - everybody has greed in him/her.
2. don't trust each other - its part of human nature.
3. some are cut and paste. (code copiers) - teach them how to do it better.
Re: Why? Nigeria Developers! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
What do you mean?
guru01:

More websites and more websites = websites, no difference.
Even if you do a site for 500k/1m, what is the use if Nigerians don't value it.
1. greedy - everybody has greed in him/her.
2. don't trust each other - its part of human nature.
3. some are cut and paste. (code copiers) - teach them how to do it better.

1. greedy: are you saying, developers should not ask what is it for him/her. Don't be so cheap,
Re: Why? Nigeria Developers! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2011
@webace does ur company deal with contract web template designer, i design interfaces for web and also web animations with Javascript, i was wondering if my skills can be of relevance to your organization. my portfolio is on my signature my blog is jettisoned coming up with my personal site soon.

(1) (Reply)

Tandblekning / Web Solution Plus / Free Web Hosting For The First 50 People (direct Admin,ehcp And Zpanel ) Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.