Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started (1135 Views)

Eko Atlantic City: Tower B Of The Eko Pearl Towers Completed And Unveiled / Eko Atlantic City,lagos, New Constructed Artificial Water-way / Eko Atlantic Taking Shape - Latest Beautiful Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by sukkot: 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
If you go to the place you can start to see all the infrastructure decay and not only that but the whole place is littered with trash on the floor and if you go to the beachfront it’s full of all kinds of drug paraphernalia , you will see blue tablets in the shape of skulls and weed and extasy pills all over the beachfront and consumed bottles of alcohol. Coming out of the two towers you will see all manners of scantily clad ashewos.

Seems the world class city has regressed to a hedonistic den of debauchery with all kinds of drug addled and alcohol laced sex parties in the midst of trash filled streets and infrastructural decay
Nlfpmod

These are my personal observations. I go there all the time

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by DarlingtonC: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
Something that was initiated as a way to hide stolen Nigeria's money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by Tunde835(m): 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
Ode ọmọ igbo

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by thesicilian: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2023
sukkot:
If you go to the place you can start to see all the infrastructure decay and not only that but the whole place is littered with trash on the floor and if you go to the beachfront it’s full of all kinds of drug paraphernalia , you will see blue tablets in the shape of skulls and weed and extasy pills all over the beachfront and consumed bottles of alcohol. Coming out of the two towers you will see all manners of scantily clad ashewos.

Seems the world class city has regressed to a hedonistic den of debauchery with all kinds of drug addled and alcohol laced sex parties in the midst of trash filled streets and infrastructural decay
Nlfpmod

This is really saddening. What do you think the problem could be?
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by Rahkman: 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
Tunde835:
Ode ọmọ igbo
sukkot no be new comer for nl now na proper omoluabi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by sukkot: 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
thesicilian:

This is really saddening. What do you think the problem could be?
i think first of all Nigeria is not ready infrastructurally as a whole to be trying to create tourist spots. Only people who come to the country are people who MUST come due to work etc but it’s not a leisure destination. There is so much poverty and begging in the sorrounding environs to put tourists off. As such it was always destined to be a place for local champions and yet just down the road , walking distance is federal palace hotel acting as stiff competition.

The country is not just ripe for such a project. It is still a 3rd world country. And so because of all these no foreign investors are interested and in a bid to recoup their losses they have resorted to giving area boys control of all the apartments in the towers to rent out at short stays and so those ones get all these men looking for nacking venues and so at night you will see the men and their oloshos. All over the beachfront at night all kinds of drugs and alcohol are consumed and they litter the place.

It’s a sad story. I believe the only solution for the place is for a Christian bigwig like oyedepo to buy it and turn the place to like the promised land lol
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by sukkot: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2023
Tunde835:
Ode ọmọ igbo
fara buruku bale alaye omo oduduwa lawa ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by sukkot: 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
Rahkman:
sukkot no be new comer for nl now na proper omoluabi
Alaye, Chief Rahkman Eku ojo meta. Hehe this people believe we cannot have objective opinions that are against what they perceive to be Yoruba and that you must be omo Igbo lol

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by thesicilian: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2023
sukkot:
i think first of all Nigeria is not ready infrastructurally as a whole to be trying to create tourist spots. Only people who come to the country are people who MUST come due to work etc but it’s not a leisure destination. There is so much poverty and begging in the sorrounding environs to put tourists off. As such it was always destined to be a place for local champions and yet just down the road , walking distance is federal palace hotel acting as stiff competition.

The country is not just ripe for such a project. It is still a 3rd world country. And so because of all these no foreign investors are interested and in a bid to recoup their losses they have resorted to giving area boys control of all the apartments in the towers to rent out at short stays and so those ones get all these men looking for nacking venues and so at night you will see the men and their oloshos. All over the beachfront at night all kinds of drugs and alcohol are consumed and they litter the place.

It’s a sad story. I believe the only solution for the place is for a Christian bigwig like oyedepo to buy it and turn the place to like the promised land lol
I was one of those who were very happy then when the project was announced, considering the potentials. You may have said it jokingly, but I think you have a point there in suggesting privatisation of the property sha
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by sukkot: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
thesicilian:

I was one of those who were very happy then when the project was announced, considering the potentials. You may have said it jokingly, but I think you have a point there in suggesting privatisation of the property sha
yeah it’s not a viable business venture. It will eventually be privatized. Some rich entity would just buy it and turn it to a private entity. I suspect it would be a religious or spiritual organization
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by SSFeedsNigeria: 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2023
Tunde835:
Ode ọmọ igbo

Yorubas like you will continue seeing Igbo giants chasing them.

Meanwhile, shitholeans that are yet to solve open defecation problems, agberos, slums, brown roofs etc but suddenly want to build Dubai in Nigeria😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by Kkconsults: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
I should’ve said something about the island in general but let me just keep mute. Painful part is developers are using the format to cashout from those dumb ibos and they claim they are developing island when they are only being ripped off. These are just formats, but what is chasing ibos from developing their own lands instead of putting money into fail investments? Those areas are just formats, you already hint a huge point it’s just proverty surrounding those places.
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by NaijaMemes: 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2023
sukkot:

Nlfpmod

Sukkot, please, I would love pictures of Eko atlantic sha
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by sukkot: 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Sukkot, please, I would love pictures of Eko atlantic sha
sure thing Chief
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by eepeepook: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
I don't believe things easily. Wey pictures?
Re: Eko Atlantic City Is Dead Before It Has Even Started by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
Kkconsults:
I should’ve said something about the island in general but let me just keep mute. Painful part is developers are using the format to cashout from those dumb ibos and they claim they are developing island when they are only being ripped off. These are just formats, but what is chasing ibos from developing their own lands instead of putting money into fail investments? Those areas are just formats, you already hint a huge point it’s just proverty surrounding those places.
are you so sad upstairs ? Because I don't understand what brought Igbos into this conversation. You need help and fast

(1) (Reply)

3 And Half Plots Of Land Chevron Drive Lekki, Lagos / 15 Acres Of Land In Lakowe Lekki Ajah @ 900 Thousand Par Plot / Mini-flat @ Femi Okunnu Estate,lekki 4 N600k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.