Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State (59617 Views)

3 Young Women Who Are Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Rivers State (Photos) / 19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood At Okrika Market Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by money121(m): 8:02am On Dec 05, 2023
The people of Ogu kingdom in Ogu/Bolo LGA of Rivers State on Saturday celebrated Iria, an ancient ceremony that marks the transition of girls who are usually virgins into womanhood

Young virgins were given certificates by the Ogu council of chiefs for passing through the test.

Iria, is considered a rite of passage for young girls as they reach puberty and begin to mature physically

To pass through the test, the girls must first be virgins which will be checked by women of the town, then they will be kept in a room where they will undergo training on womanhood

After passing through this process, the qualified girls will be given certificates showing that they are now adult ladies ready to marry.
It's an OKRIKA Ijaw ceremony that dates back to the 17th century.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by money121(m): 8:02am On Dec 05, 2023
Nice one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by money121(m): 8:02am On Dec 05, 2023
Ok
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Thundafireseun: 8:04am On Dec 05, 2023
grin
Licking my lower lips

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Lovemeharder(f): 8:06am On Dec 05, 2023
Congratulations to the virgins.

57 Likes

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Dottore: 8:12am On Dec 05, 2023
No one ever gave me Invitation for this kind of "meaningful" event but you'd see IVs flying up and down in WhatsApp group for nonsense events. Ordinary notice I no see.
So sad. Nonsense!!! cry
If you attend this event you can go home with a publicly certified virgin, if her puna is sweet, if she's nice and if you are compatible, marry her if she isn't she will start her body count with you. But even if you don't succeed going home with a virgin you manage a publicly certified non virgin, you will join the band wagon of body counts that she may likely not remember your position.

Most girls in their late 20s and above can sincerely not remember their body counts but they will always lie about it. All in all, How man go do?

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by illicit(m): 8:17am On Dec 05, 2023
Nothing is sacred anymore

Must it be televised?

30 Likes

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Mbanda(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2023
money121:
The people of Ogu kingdom in Ogu/Bolo LGA of Rivers State on Saturday celebrated Iria, an ancient ceremony that marks the transition of girls who are usually virgins into womanhood

Young virgins were given certificates by the Ogu council of chiefs for passing through the test.

Iria, is considered a rite of passage for young girls as they reach puberty and begin to mature physically

To pass through the test, the girls must first be virgins which will be checked by women of the town, then they will be kept in a room where they will undergo training on womanhood

After passing through this process, the qualified girls will be given certificates showing that they are now adult ladies ready to marry.
It's an OKRIKA Ijaw ceremony that dates back to the 17th century.

lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun Nlfpmod
Where is reno omokiri? If this happens to be Igbos now, reno will say that Igbos don't wear cloth in this 21st century.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Pierohandsome: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2023
Let me find my way there to go pick a wife. It is not easy finding full grown girls with big boobs as virgins

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Kevinjap: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2023
Kudos for abstinence, I cover them from virgin hunters.

I'm a student stuck here in Unimaid looking out for a ride to yola.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Shalommy(f): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2023
Congrats...to them. Chaii... Hardly see pretty girls as virgins..... Why?? undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by id4sho(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2023
Nairaland resident evening newspaper leaves thread tongue

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by TheFreshVanilla: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2023
undecided
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Biola67: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2023
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by crossfm: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2023
Hehehe.

The man on blue hat though grin.

The girls must be protected from that man by all means. He is seeing things both front and back.

134 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Kutunban: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2023
They all look feminine, it's a good thing that they kept their virginity. One of the benefits of marrying a virgin is that your path is her first path.

Marrying a none virgin is not bad but they've been on another path before aligning with yours, if your path has spikes before the roses she will remember previous paths that had Apples before the bitter cola or other paths she's been before, some men who understand spirituality who marry none virgins take them for marital allegiance which if broken it's instant 😭.

Okafor's law of Congo dynamics confirm my assertion too, especially for men who are not spiritually brutal they become victims. Sad reality!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Haydens: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2023
These ones are not looking young, but if they are virgins they are still more preferable than the bitter feminists and old, haggard, expired evening newspapers roaming like a devil in nairaland.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by BiGVEEN58(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2023
Nothing reasonable there. This one make sense pass. grin

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Risingblue008(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2023
No wonder terrorist dey act jankala
Hmmmm

May allah be praised
grin grin grin

Virgins girls in a sin-city

1 Like

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Ekakamba: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2023
grin
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by AntiChristian: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
A return to the animal naked age!

Can't they dress sanely?

1 Like

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Decarbonisation: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
These ones way them breasts don fall yakata for floor be virgins too?

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Sonnobax15(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
lipsrsealed. See as the solution to paternity fraud boku for here shocked shocked

Lemme start to press my calculator...

Just to know how it'll cost me from warri to Rivers asap...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by AleAirHub(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
Nice...my mom clan celebrate this too. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Fatbam005: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
The way food they disappear for house, these says is alarming . Rinubu and his agents have now gone spiritual

10 Likes

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by toxxnoni(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
Ok
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by pacespot(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
Nigeria has so many diverse cultures. That is why we are asking for diverse governments. Let the different ethnic subnational groups handle their own public affairs and system of government, most especially in terms of police and military, and you will see Nigeria blooming.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by blingxx(m): 9:04am On Dec 05, 2023
Virgin my ass grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Cholls(m): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2023
My brothers and sisters this is a lie

6 Likes

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Neddyogu(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2023
Virgin ko, Virginia ni.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Playing Football Amidst Marriage Crash Rumors / Mbaise, Where Old Women Marry Young Ladies (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.