Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December (9139 Views)

Phase 2 Repair Of The Port-Harcourt Refinery Will Be Completed By Q4, 2024 -Kyar / Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / Andrew Yakubu: Court Acquits ex-NNPC GMD In Whose House $9.8m Was Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by jude79(m): 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

As long as they have started fixing, they will eventually fix that one.
The man is not happy that we want to start refining oil locally, that is the reason for fault finding.

Hahahaha!!! I laugh in akwaibom,

.saw the interview on channels. I must say after watching it, I came to the conclusion we have just wasted another $1.5b
2 things in particular he said.
1: We are only going to get 25% PMS yield per barrel whereas the current standard is closer to 50%
2: the grade of PMS from that old refinery is inferior and can only be improved with the addition of lead. Leaded petrol has been banned. We may just have spent $1.5b to fix a refinery to produce petrol we cannot use or that will damage modern engines

Let's assume we go ahead and produce from this refinery as you are suggesting, only old model cars of the 70s, 80s, some late 90s and early 2000s can use it, unless it's leaded, but leaded PM's is banned, so we are stuck, again, most cars in Nigeria are about 21 year and below, so we end up with a petrol that damages our engine.
Secondly, at 25% extraction efficiency, instead of 50%, it means that we will be producing at a loss due to the fact that the refinery can't produce shale oil which makes up the remaining 25% to balance up, profit is around 22% margin, remove that from 50%, it gives us 28%, in other words, production cost will be pegged at 28%, now if you minus 25% this refinery will give us, we ends up with 3% loss for every barrel produced.
Thirdly, it will cost 15times less, ie $100m to build modern modular refinery of same capacity, with higher efficiency and lower production cost to run.
I hate to admit it, but he's right and Nigerian government is on fraud mode.

1 Like

Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by larryUG(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
Ojuntana:

Did you zombies read his submissions or you just want to zombiefy as usual 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♂️

Why will govt be fixing a 58 years old refinery when there's one much younger, bigger and better just nearby that can be fixed?
That is being fixed too. Just that the old one is scheduled to be ready first before the new one
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by alfajohn: 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:
This man is part of people that destroyed our refineries. He was MD of two national refineries and they collapsed.
Now government is fixing one, he is not happy.
God over them.
please read before you comment. The man said as the time he was MD the refineries were working and no need for importation.
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by mvem(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:
This man is part of people that destroyed our refineries. He was MD of two national refineries and they collapsed.
God over them.
how many years have the government keep selling you lies about fixing the refinery or revamping it
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by Sangoamadioha1: 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2023
coleon:

Despite all efforts to correct your zombie brain you are still adamant in your shallow thinking.
The refineries did not collapse under the man you are pointing fingers at, the refineries worked under him and not a single fuel was being imported throughout his time, infact he stated that Nigeria was exporting refined products.
So what exactly is your point of argument?

No need arguing with you, just goggle when Nigeria started importing fuel then correct yourself.
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by HRMK: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2023
people like this should simply keep quiet!he is one of those that ruined the refineries!!
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by frog12: 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2023
this MAN don expose the LIES grin grin grin
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by Benekkk: 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2023
Zonefree:
No refinery will work in Nigeria, even in December 2035.
Volume please, for those of us at the back!
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by frog12: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2023
WASTE??
the money will go somewhere else

casualobserver:
I saw the interview on channels. I must say after watching it, I came to the conclusion we have just wasted another $1.5b

2 things in particular he said.
1: We are only going to get 25% PMS yield per barrel whereas the current standard is closer to 50%
2: the grade of PMS from that old refinery is inferior and can only be improved with the addition of lead. Leaded petrol has been banned. We may just have spent $1.5b to fix a refinery to produce petrol we cannot use or that will damage modern engines.
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by casualobserver: 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2023
frog12:
WASTE??
the money will go somewhere else

Yeah if Ogedengbe’s observation turns out to be right (as the project manager for the construction of PH2 and a former MD of the refinery, he should know), then it is a waste.

If the PMS produced is not fit for use, then what’s was the point?

1 Like

Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by frog12: 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2023
the MAN dey reveal a lot. someone in NNPC dey steal money:

He stated that although during his time money was usually budgeted for maintenance, but such monies were never fully released by the NNPC headquarters. To augment this, he said the Kaduna and Port Harcourt refineries at the time he was the managing director, went out of its way to begin the production of tins and drums to survive. Every month, we will receive between 50 and 60 per cent of our budget. We are supposed to pick up the rest somehow. You have to be imaginative.

On why monies were not fully released for maintenance during his days as head of the refineries, Ogedengbe stated that the question should be directed at the corporate headquarters of the NNPC at the time which controlled the budget.
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by frog12: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2023
we dey say the money is being stolen as we speak. the man is revealing a lot.

casualobserver:

Yeah if Ogedengbe’s observation turns out to be right (as the project manager for the construction of PH2 and a former MD of the refinery, he should know), then it is a waste.

If the PMS produced is not fit for use, then what’s was the point?
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by ONNYX: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

My argument is that he is part of the problem and he is not happy petrol importation will soon stop. This is my opinion based on how i see it.
Because govt is not working on the one he wants then what government is doing is rubbish.
Pray, does he have monopoly of knowledge. The government, after due diligence, say this is the one we are starting with but Mr knowledgeable, who watched refineries collapse under him, says no it must be done his way or it won't work.

Ps Even under Abacha we were importing fuel (if you remember the time bad fuel came into the country during Abacha's time). The refineries started their decline under Mr knowledgeable's time.

You are expending a lot of effort to make this gentleman look bad before us.

You even went as far as assuming.......and even broadcasting the assumption that being a former M.D he must be involved in some dirt/fraud or another.

You will have heartbreak the day you did over that some people have attained great heights in government, worked their bum off without stealing a dime from public coffers.

If you had listened to the interview you would have known that this man is one person who tried his best in the circumstances he worked. That's the best he could offer then and that's what he did.
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by Caseless: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:
God over them.
Oga, you didn't read what he's saying.

I watched him yesterday on channels TV and I want the NNPCL or the contractor to react to his claims.

I want to know why they chose to fix the older one over the newer one.
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by Caseless: 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2023
ONNYX:

You are expending a lot of effort to make this gentleman look bad before us.

You even went as far as assuming.......and even broadcasting the assumption that being a former M.D he must be involved in some dirt/fraud or another.

You will have heartbreak the day you did over that some people have attained great heights in government, worked their bum off without stealing a dime from public coffers.

If you had listened to the interview you would have known that this man is one person who tried his best in the circumstances he worked. That's the best he could offer then and that's what he did.
I watched the interview and I have to salute this man.
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by blackboy(m): 5:11pm On Dec 06, 2023
Everyone knows but the president believes their lies. These guys need to be changed
Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by casualobserver: 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2023
frog12:
we dey say the money is being stolen as we speak. the man is revealing a lot.

The money is being stolen and the money is being wrongly spent are 2 different things. Nobody is saying the money is being stolen.

I am a teetotaler, I give you money to buy me a drink. You come back with beer. You have wasted my money even though you didn’t steal it because beer is of no use to me.

If what Ogedengbe is saying is true then the petrol from this refinery is useless. The only thing we will get is diesel and kerosene.

1 Like

Re: Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December by caye(m): 8:14am On Dec 07, 2023
alfajohn:
please read before you comment. The man said as the time he was MD the refineries were working and no need for importation.

Hmmm...we have investigated ourselves , and found ourselves NOT GUILTY.

make it make sense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu / 2023: Nigerians Must Challenge Leaders Over Public Fund, Peter Obi Fumes / Kofi Annan, Cautioned Jonathan Against Arresting Protest Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.