Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter (237 Views)

UK Used Laptops @dell, Lenovo, An Open Box Dell / Beware!! Ukanna Peter Aka Rollsnjaguar Is A Scammer And A Fraud / LENOVO THINKPAD STORE: An Open Thread for The Sales of ThinkPad Products Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sometime ago, my phone, an iPhone X had an issue, screen and battery and sim issue. The cost of fixing the phone was about 50k and I realized it might pay to even get a new phone hence, I dint use the phone for a while
Eventually, I started gathering monies and I had the intent of selling my iPhone X to make up for the money to purchase a new phone. I placed an advert here on nairaland to look for potential buyers so as to make for up the money the buy a new phone
Eventually I got a small gig that covered up buying a phone without selling my old phone although the advert had been placed
Two months into using my phone, I was still getting offers for the old iPhone X but I wasn’t exactly interested again because I already had a new phone.
Later on, I needed some monies and coincidentally, an offer for the phone came, an offer of 10,000 Naira
I texted and we bargained and I being in Ibadan, I waybilled the phone to him in Lagos because I already had some trust in him.
He received the phone and complained that the phone had more issues than even the screen and battery, claiming the camera wasn’t working and I sat through with him on the process explaining it was only the battery and camera and sim not working.
Eventually, he said he couldn’t pay the 10k again but 8k which I couldn’t say no too seeing that he had gone through a lot of stress in trying to fix the phone
Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2023
I’ll use my laptop to continue typing, my fingers are paining me already
Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2023
He made me understand a lot was going on with the phone and I made him understand that I had not used the phone in a long time and the issues with the phone was those aforementioned. I thereafter told him to even take it to another engineer to ascertain on whether the phone was working or not. I told him to even check my recent pictures to be sure and aware that the camera which he claimed was not working had been working till the time the screen and battery had issues.
Eventually, I told him not to even bother sending a dime on the phone, being fully aware of the costs he had spent on the phone which I felt was a way in me assisting him as rather than pay me the 8,000 naira, why not use it in fixing the phone, I thought to myself. Hence, i never disturbed him for any money again. I never bothered about the phone and the money he was supposed to send anymore.
Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2023
Before I waybilled the iphone, The iphone was not flashed, it had all my details, my pictures and my social media logged in. Part of the side job I had was a social media manager for a cousin's Instagram account.
These accounts were logged in on the phone and never wiped. I could not wipe them because the screen was broken and I could not have it fixed before i waybilled the phone, I mean, the whole point of me intending to sell the phone was because I could not afford to fix the screen.

The phone was sold early November

Subsequently, earlier in this month, December, I was casually using my Iphone and my macbook and saw that a foreign yahoo mail account on my iphone and i saw it was his mail. I did not bother because I realized he was using the iphone I sold to him on my icloud and you know how apple syncs all devices together. That was most likely how his mail got into my macbook and my current iphone. I ignored and I continued using my devices.

Now to the allegation aspect.

1 Like

Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2023
I received a call and texts from my cousin whose Instagram account I manage that someone hacked his account, and was requesting for money from his contacts on Instagram.
Luckily for me, I had linked the Instagram accounts to my mail and phone number and was able to retrieve it but unfortunately, it was too late as the sum of 85,000 naira from one people my cousin interacts with on Instagram.

I could not believe it and I started to make findings, questioning my cousin as to whom he might have given the log in details of his two instagram accounts as before I started managing the accounts, he had previously given someone to manage them for him.
Even on my cousin's other instagram account, the sum of 50 dollars was being asked but thankfully, the person was smart enough to call the attention of my cousin.

I started to make findings and to my greatest surprise, I saw that an infinix X650D was just to access my cousin's instagram by the scammer. Neither my cousin, nor I or even the previous person that helped manage the account uses an infinix.
Luckily for me, I logged into the mail as all apple devices are synced like I earlier said. I checked his messages and typed the infinix brand name and saw that this phone also belongs to him.

I plead to please make the refund of this amount of come out with proof that he wsnt
Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2023
this letter is thus an open call to please refund the said amount of 85,000 naira which he defrauded from my cousin's contact or better still come up with proof negating these accusations.

attached below are further proofs
Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by fastanddubious(m): 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2023
So you gave away the phone and all it's contents, knowing fully well what could happen if said contents fall into the wrong hands..... into the hands of a random Nigerian guy you don't even know. You should know better than this nau undecided considering your line of work
Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2023
The 85,000 Naira fradulently obtained
Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2023
Proof of accessing my cousins account with his infinix phone

Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Seunisco: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2023
Proof that this same inifinix phone belongs to Mr Larry as seen in his mail

Re: Allegation Of Fraud And An Open Letter by Jheypeel(m): 3:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
Omo

(1) (Reply)

Sandisk 1TB Portable SSD / Hp Elitebook 850 G3|FHD Display|core I7 6th Gen|16gb Ram|256gb Ssd|SOLD SOLD / Samsung Note 9 Screen Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.