Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me (16875 Views)

Please Help. How Can I Increase The Size Of My D*ck / This Started Showing On My D#ck (viewer Discretion) / What You Need To Be Wary About Before Going For That Fibroid Surgery Or D&c. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by ojobolinda: 10:57am On Dec 07, 2023
I remember how happy I was when I found out I was pregnant!. I hurriedly went and registered for antenantal and I carry out my first Ultrasound same time and it shows 6weeks gestational age which was accurate based on my calculation of my LMP.

After 2weeks and some days, I started having light bleeding and I rush to the hospital to know what was wrong because I try to eat healthy and also try not to stress myself so what is happening?!!. The nurse i met ask me to go for another Scan to be sure the baby is Ok. I went for the scan and that was how my world came crumbling down on me.

Based on the scan result, my baby stopped growing at week 6, I am already 9weeks gone while my baby is still measuring 6weeks just like the first scan I had, and BLIGHTED OVUM was written as the cause. After 2 day, I went to another diagnosis center and was advice to evacuate because I have missed abortion.

I did the D&C a week later and it was painful because I wasn't given any analgesic... My problem right now is that I have been bleeding since the D&C and it comes with cramps at time. The first 2 days, the bleeding was light but now its looking like my normal period bleeding with little blood clot.

Before you advice me to go to the hospital, I have... The Doctor wants to observe me for a week and then give me injection to stop the bleeding but am feeling is not proper, the bleeding should stop by itself if its just ordinary bleeding, why injecting me to stop it

I will be going to the hospital tomorrow to take the injection, pls I want to know if that is the right step to take and has anyone had same experience?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Oizee(f): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2023
Dr knows better, sorry for your pain and may God heal you completely and bless u with healthy pregnancy next time.

32 Likes

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by chicfarmer: 11:56am On Dec 07, 2023
I am Sorry for your loss.
Why not seek a second medical opinion before taking the injection?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by ojobolinda: 12:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
chicfarmer:
I am Sorry for your loss.
Why not seek a second medical opinion before taking the injection?
Thank you dear.... That is why I posted it here hoping any doctor on nairaland or someone that has being in my shoes can advice me before tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by ojobolinda: 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
Oizee:
Dr knows better, sorry for your pain and may God heal you completely and bless u with healthy pregnancy next time.
Thank you
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by obinna58(m): 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
Oizee:
The doctors make mistakes, they’re not to be trusted especially Nigerian doctors
Op very careful and question things, get to another hospital

13 Likes

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Kobojunkie: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
ojobolinda:
Before you advice me to go to the hospital, I have... The Doctor wants to observe me for a week and then give me injection to stop the bleeding but am feeling is not proper, the bleeding should stop by itself if its just ordinary bleeding, why injecting me to stop it
I will be going to the hospital tomorrow to take the injection, pls I want to know if that is the right step to take and has anyone had same experience
?
Are you unable to go see another doctor --- maybe even different hospital --- to get a second opinion or what? undecided

1 Like

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by ATEAMS: 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
She wanted to be alone, but not lonely. That was very different; that was something that ached and hurt dreadfully right inside one.
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Beuberry(f): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Okobolinda, try and do scan if there's still left over in ya womb or if it's case of ectopic pregnancy. Wishing you speedy and complete recovery, amen. 💕

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by omenpetrol: 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sorry about that, don’t have a solution but I know I very good hospital in iponri lagos. Smith Medical Center. Give them a try.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Ensa777(f): 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
yourd doc knows better
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by ConfidentialDoc: 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
ojobolinda:
I remember how happy I was when I found out I was pregnant!. I hurriedly went and registered for antenantal and I carry out my first Ultrasound same time and it shows 6weeks gestational age which was accurate based on my calculation of my LMP.

After 2weeks and some days, I started having light bleeding and I rush to the hospital to know what was wrong because I try to eat healthy and also try not to stress myself so what is happening?!!. The nurse i met ask me to go for another Scan to be sure the baby is Ok. I went for the scan and that was how my world came crumbling down on me.

Based on the scan result, my baby stopped growing at week 6, I am already 9weeks gone while my baby is still measuring 6weeks just like the first scan I had, and BLIGHTED OVUM was written as the cause. After 2 day, I went to another diagnosis center and was advice to evacuate because I have missed abortion.

I did the D&C a week later and it was painful because I wasn't given any analgesic... My problem right now is that I have been bleeding since the D&C and it comes with cramps at time. The first 2 days, the bleeding was light but now its looking like my normal period bleeding with little blood clot.

I will be going to the hospital tomorrow to take the injection, pls I want to know if that is the right step to take and has anyone had same experience?

Have you ruled out sepsis ?

Please ask a doctor to examine you thoroughly and do tests

2 Likes

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Exceed15: 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
You 'll be fine by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by denko(m): 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2023
how long is the bleeding if it above two weeks is abnormal but below likely normal.
ojobolinda:

1 Like

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by allanphash7(m): 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
So sorry my dear, you will be fine , just follow your doctor instructions
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by fostermd(m): 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
You need to go back and undergo examination preferably under mild sedation.
You most likely still have retained fetal product hence the bleeding.

Having clots indicate that the bleeding is heavy.Don't risk your life and suffer from haemorrhagic shock due to excessive blood loss.

If a D & C is well done without retained products,only mild bleeding( spotting) should take place which resolves in few days.

You need a thorough gynaecological examination!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by CJStarz: 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
I suspect a case of INCOMPLETE EVACUATION,hence the bleeding continued!
But hey,U were too much in a hurry to have undergone a D&C based on a scan report!
U would have allowed the pregnant progress!

I know of a lady who bled all through her pregnancy. A renowned gynaecologist advised her to undergo a D&C because the baby would be badly deformed if she decided to carry the pregnancy to term.
She refused and according to her,kept trusting God for a healthy baby.
She gave birth to a complete and wholesome bouncing baby boy.
They named him, Amazing.
Today, the boy,is now a medical doctor.
Dr. Amazing.
This is a true life story.

Not that I'm discouraging from adhering to a doctor's advice but always pray and seek God's own directive.

Back to your case!
U need a strong dosage of antibiotics and probably a second evacuation if need be.

I wish you a set of twins on your next try.
God be with you.

Shalom🙏

ojobolinda:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Agbolahan94: 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
ojobolinda:

you will be fine Am pretty sure the doctor knows better
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by vincenteger: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
I thought you said it was your friend that was pregnant
And next you envy the death

And again you went for scan.
I wonder why you keep lying.
Now you are bleeding as a result of D&C, who knows if you are lying again.

Well if you like lie to the doctors online or offline, they'll prescribed drugs for you according to your lies.

Linus

2 Likes

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Kingrshd3: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
K
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by christejames(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sorry Dear,

You will be fine.
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by ojobolinda: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
fostermd:
You need to go back and undergo examination preferably under mild sedation.
You most likely still have retained fetal product hence the bleeding.

Having clots indicate that the bleeding is heavy.Don't risk your life and suffer from haemorrhagic shock due to excessive blood loss.

If a D & C is well done without retained products,only mild bleeding( spotting) should take place which resolves in few days.

You need a thorough gynaecological examination!
So should I refuse the injection the doctor is planning to inject me tomorrow?
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by wunmi590(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2023

Sorry for your lose, God will provide a better and healthy child for you next time..

Just make sure you take to doctors advice..
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Tripleoluwa(m): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
A D&C I experienced made the lady to bleed for almost 3 weeks. She was changing pads like 8 times daily. I'm not joking o. It came with cramps and some other stomach troubles that was later diagnosed to be pelvic inflammatory disease PID. We went for re-evacuation, the bleeding didn't stop.

Last last the bleeding stopped after almost 3 weeks

Don't take the injection, the bleeding will stop.

3 Likes

Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by stasius: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
Go for MVA
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by ade4real2016: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sorry for ya loss n pain...This is it....See your doctor as you have planned to...Ya need to do this in order not to lose excess blood which might result in blood transfusion....Blood clotting is normal based on what explanation but excessive blood loss must be avoided...
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by shinabrown: 2:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
This is what you should do, it is probably due to retained product or less likely ectopic cyesis, start antibiotics too.
d
Beuberry:
Okobolinda, try and do scan if there's still left over in ya womb or if it's case of ectopic pregnancy. Wishing you speedy and complete recovery, amen. 💕
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by Dididrumz(m): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
Re: My D&C Experience.... Pls Advice Me by StDonE(m): 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
You are still bleeding and having cramps because the doctor didn't do the evacuation properly. There are still remnants in there causing the bleeding and cramps. You don't need any injection to stop the bleeding. See a gynaecologist or experienced doctor for proper evacuation.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) / When Last Did You Go For HIV Test? / Orimerunmu Community In Ogun Chokes Under Fumes From Yoyo Recycling Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.