Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions (6768 Views)

Public Safety: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals Wonderland Lagos / Lagos Gives Updates On Resumption Of Schools, Churches, Mosques & Event Centres / Lagos Clarifies Position On Re-opening Of Event Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by VikingKing: 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
Fcwilly:
No more market to close, now over to event centers, turn by turn movement, after that clinics and hospitals, then private schools, highly desperate to recoup electoral expenses.
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by Sillymoderators: 1:58am On Dec 08, 2023
IGBOS will say they are after them.
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by Pallium: 2:59am On Dec 08, 2023
Jewel4:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is Kelly, I give birth to my boy Ayomi 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZC3j8YbYo4?si=oO03amHXEu1lqVAf

Access Bank
Kelly Monday

Contact Kanu Heart Foundation.
Divine healing to your son.
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by jirolu: 4:10am On Dec 08, 2023
https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/SMRZ38S
Lanrelagboi:
The Lagos Safety Commission has sealed 19 event centres for safety infractions in the interest of public safety. The Director General, Safety Commission, Mr. Lanre Mojola disclosed this, during an on the spot assessment of event centres in the State.

According to him, the safety assessment exercise is an ongoing effort to promote the Commission’s mandate to ensure zero accidents particularly during this yuletide season.

Mojola declared that prior to this exercise, the Commission had earlier informed all event owners through their various associations of the need to adopt safety best practices at all events and to duly register all events from 250 guests and above via its registration portal www.lasgsafetyreg.com to obtain an Event Safety Permit.

He noted that the Commission has taken the decisive action to enforce compliance with basic safety standards and guarantee safer events by sealing these event centres for non conformity with already established safety protocols. Some of the event centres Include White Stone Event Centre, Lekki Colliseum, Leisure Park,La Madison, Haddasah, The Summit, Villa Park, De Dove, Majesty, The Podium, Celebrations Gardens, Tastee Event Centres amongst others.

He said the Commission will continue to conduct routine inspections to ensure that safety standards are upheld across the events and hospitality sectors within the State.

He enjoined members of the public to escalate and report safety infractions observed at events and public facilities to the Commission .
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by sweetgala(m): 5:53am On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:
I find this suspicious and strange. Are we in covid or what?

You read safety s d you're asking if it's covid.
Many of those event centre don't have adequate emergency exit or fire control mechanism.

By standard all should have a sprinkler system installed, must have periodic safety checks and have an emergency exit plan in place for all events with more than 250 guests
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by seeyounow3: 5:59am On Dec 08, 2023
T hisGlobe.com never seen pictures of Lagos

https://t hisglobe.com/index.php?board=16.0
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by jaxxy(m): 6:14am On Dec 08, 2023
sweetgala:

You read safety s d you're asking if it's covid.
Many of those event centre don't have adequate emergency exit or fire control mechanism.

By standard all should have a sprinkler system installed, must have periodic safety checks and have an emergency exit plan in place for all events with more than 250 guests

ok these are good requirements but have they made them aware of these standards cos many events centres don't know or have these requirements especially when building or starting up.

anyways I agree with u on the safety standards.
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by oyeb15: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2023
Democracy is not d way
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by Revolva(m): 7:50am On Dec 08, 2023
let dem seal more n more cos most event centers are dilapidated ...they are not taken care of only when party times comes the owners care to beautify it
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by sweetgala(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

ok these are good requirements but have they made them aware of these standards cos many events centres don't know or have these requirements especially when building or starting up.

anyways I agree with u on the safety standards.

Lagos state has a fire safety inspection agency that I know. In Nigeria many people do things without proper order, many event centres don't even have adequate insurance, that's why it's such a money spinner because the overheads are small, the only major overhead is diesel for the generator.

Rowe wait till a major fire incident happens and over 500 people perish because there is no adequate evacuation plan, and that can happen and how it is yet to happen does bewilder me atimes.
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by jaxxy(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2023
sweetgala:

Lagos state has a fire safety inspection agency that I know. In Nigeria many people do things without proper order, many event centres don't even have adequate insurance, that's why it's such a money spinner because the overheads are small, the only major overhead is diesel for the generator.

Rowe wait till a major fire incident happens and over 500 people perish because there is no adequate evacuation plan, and that can happen and how it is yet to happen does bewilder me atimes.

ok interesting but do government offices and establishments have same safety standards?

or this only applies to event centres?
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by sweetgala(m): 10:11am On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

ok interesting but do government offices and establishments have same safety standards?

or this only applies to event centres?

Most government offices don't accommodate over 1000 people who are halfway intoxicated, some with mobility issues, with many tables and chairs present acting as obstruction.

The only one building run by government I can think of that may have an issue would be an hospital and they do have a dedicated safety officer whose responsibility "should be" conducting a survey and making plans.

I think there was an incident recently at a federal government hospital where the fire hydrant didn't work because the officer in charge had failed to conduct maintenance.
Re: Lagos State Safety Commission Seals 19 Event Centres For Safety Infractions by clockwisereport: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2023
Pallium:

Contact Kanu Heart Foundation.
Divine healing to your son.

That guy is a fraudster. His real name is Anthony Munachi Okeke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northerners Dominate As Police AIGs List Is Released / Osun Assembly Amends LG Administration Law / Buhari Installed As Grand Patron Of The Nigerian Red Cross Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.