Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,225 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking (16180 Views)

Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees / Babcock University Reacts To Sex Video Of Expelled Students That Leaked Online / Ghana University Reacts To BBC Video: No Evidence Of Sex-for-grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by Jonasblaxk: 1:24am On Dec 08, 2023
Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Report Of Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking Extending Their Programme

The Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, has denied that the University's College of Medicine compelled its students to sign an undertaking of continued studentship due to unavailability of instructional and technical facilities to train medical students.

SaharaReporters had earlier reported that the university reportedly compelled its 300-level Medicine and Surgery students to sign an undertaking to continue to pay school fees for an additional 18-month programme while they wait for available slots to progress to 400-level.

The stringent undertaking, a copy of which SaharaReporters obtained on Wednesday, had stipulated that after completing Part 1 Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Professional Examinations, students must undertake an 18-month intercalated Science programme in Anatomy or Physiology within the College of Medicine.

But reacting in an official statement signed by the University's Head of Corporate Communications and Protocol, Otunba Aladenika, the university management explained that the undertaking was a product of understanding between the Management of the Medical College, the concerned students and the body of parents on how best to address a lingering status of the affected students within the University which was brought to the attention of the present University Management.

According to him, "There are about 419 (Four Hundred and nineteen) students in the pre-clinical programme in the University who are products of irregular admission by previous University Administration.

"The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) is unable to index them because our admission quota for the medical programme has long been filled up due to the 'irregular admission' reason given above."

Aladenika further explained that "Before these students can have space in the Clinical training phase of the medical programme, they will have to wait for between 8 to 10 years.

"The Medical Council had advised the College Management to send these students away to other programmes where there are spaces. However, after a series of pleas and meetings between the College Management and the students as well as some parents, agreements were reached to grant a kind of soft landing for these students.

"The students said they were ready to wait for as long as it would require for them to start their clinical programme. Agreements reached with the students were as follows:

"That they be allowed to write their 1st professional exams and then use the result to transfer to clinical programmes in other Universities if they pass the exams.

"Those who are unable to transfer should be transferred to other related programmes in the College of Medicine such as Human Anatomy and Human Physiology.

"After obtaining a degree in either Human Anatomy and Human Physiology, they would be given priority whenever there are spaces in the clinical programme.

"The students are to ensure that they pay their fees during this bridging period."

He stated that when these agreements were reported verbally to the University Management and the Special Intervention Team, the College Management was advised to put the "agreement into writing and ensure that the students have input in this as well as sign an undertaking to give proper backing to that effect so as to guard against any form of arbitrariness, future denial, blackmail or recant."

This according to the spokesman was supposed to be a last-ditch effort to salvage their ambition of becoming medical doctors.

The Head Corporate Communications and Protocol, further said, "The arrangement offers the affected students the opportunity of having two degrees upon graduation.

"It may also interest you to know that while detractors, enemies of growth and progress of the students and the University are attempting to make a mountain out of a molehill, the affected students have signed the undertaking freely and willingly, and their programme is making progress. The First Professional exams have since commenced,” Aladenika said.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/12/07/ambrose-alli-university-reacts-report-forcing-medical-students-sign-undertaking#:~:text=The%20Ambrose%20Alli%20University%2C%20Ekpoma,facilities%20to%20train%20medical%20students.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by OKUCHI11(m): 4:32am On Dec 08, 2023
I wanted to click the link but

since the person above me said he's not going to click the link...

the person commenting below me will click the link...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by MuslimIgbo: 5:24am On Dec 08, 2023
No be on read more...
MUMU grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by DesChyko: 6:08am On Dec 08, 2023
AskProf:

La click, la...

Bend..Bend..Bend..🎢🎢🎡🎢

Bend..Bend..Bend...🎢🎢🎡🎢

#in Small Doctor's voice#

17 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by iHateFraudsters: 8:17am On Dec 08, 2023
I also wanted to click on the link, but you guys have discouraged me.

But I strongly believe the person below me will click on the link.

The person below me, don't disappoint us pls.

13 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by UHLmoving: 8:27am On Dec 08, 2023
You can't cajole us to click

Why not just post the details here, if anyone feels like digging deep then it's up to them to click.

11 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by YoungLionken(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2023
Under BAT, everything's upside down...

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2023
Jonasblaxk:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/12/07/ambrose-alli-university-reacts-report-forcing-medical-students-sign-undertaking#:~:text=The%20Ambrose%20Alli%20University%2C%20Ekpoma,facilities%20to%20train%20medical%20students.
Make we ferry dem both into LAB make we Test fr Acting agent & reacting Agent
Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by NaijaCover(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by nairalanda1(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2023
Yeah, the explanation makes sense

4 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by money121(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by Pimine: 8:53am On Dec 08, 2023
I won't click either πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by CandidAdmin(m): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2023
In lame man's terms?
Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2023
This is serious and uncalled for. the state government should wade into this as soon as possible or what are they waiting for?

4 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by Kingpele(m): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2023
Needles...if BAT can impose himself on Nigerians..I don't see the reason for the explanation..forced them to sign the goddamn papers afterall tinubu has forced all of us to spend more money on fuel and foodstuffs

2 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by ppogba: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2023
Funny world.

419 irregular students.

Wonderful.

9 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by jojothaiv(m): 8:54am On Dec 08, 2023
I wanted to click the link too but I discovered it's all vanity maybe the next person will do that for us.

3 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by emmabest2000(m): 8:54am On Dec 08, 2023
Unending Reacts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by specialmati(m): 8:54am On Dec 08, 2023
grin angry angry grin everywhere have scattered

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by NOwazobia: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2023
I guess he finally updated everything here, because me i no go ever click any link that is directed outside this platform. undecided tongue

9 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by isaaclech: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2023
Nawa o... Naso we go dey?
Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by omoadeleye(m): 8:55am On Dec 08, 2023
Uhm . Okay. No qualms, they don't want what previously befell on Baze university when they admitted students more than their quota to affect them so they had to start making amendments.

So the explanation is well justified.

2 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by Decarbonisation: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2023
Of course, wetin them go do before? them go deny am noni.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by Authoreety: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2023
De
Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by LibertyRep: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2023
What's the punishment for the ' previous administration ' that granted them the irregular admission?

The students and their parents should even be the ones to sue the school management for this waste of time and resources and of course, the trauma.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by Ola4lead(m): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2023
I wish to click the link, but I needed to follow the yoruba adage that says the horse coming behind will always follow the footsteps of the one ahead....

6 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by jaxxy(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2023
if u claim "these students" were part of and agreed these stringent terms why are they baffled, protesting and reporting it.

4 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by seborrhic: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2023
I believe the school.
People can be mischievous because they know once you bring something to the sm and put out a narrative,many people don't bother to ask questions to know the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by id4sho(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2023
419 Parents for University abi PTA wink cheesy grin E go reach everybody tongue

Tinubu will laughing

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking by SensualMan: 9:00am On Dec 08, 2023
Tinubu should force all yoruba men to sign Hardship Undertaking never to complain cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

WAEC 2012 Results: How To Check Yours / Sokoto To Pay Parents N5,000 Monthly For Sending Their Daughters To School / WAEC Debunks Best Student Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.