Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad - Investment (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (52746 Views)

NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by lomah(m): 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2008
@ETIN,
I particularly like the process of opening an account with CitiCap. especially being able to fund my account through citibank (here at canary wharf) - i use online banking - and them accepting digital passport photos. it all seems to be hassle free. could you post their contact details or that of the officer assigned to you ( if u hav found his services to be satisfactory! grin) ., my proirities are how fast they can execute buying and selling mandates and the quality of their online services.

does anyone use or have heard of PSL securities. pls comment on how u hav found them to be, as per stockbroking services, if u can. i hav almost made up my mind to use them, before i came across the comments on Citi Cap.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 5:48pm On Feb 17, 2008
l.o.m.a.h:

@ETIN,
I particularly like the process of opening an account with CitiCap. especially being able to fund my account through citibank (here at canary wharf) - i use online banking - and them accepting digital passport photos. it all seems to be hassle free. could you post their contact details or that of the officer assigned to you ( if u hav found his services to be satisfactory! grin) ., my proirities are how fast they can execute buying and selling mandates and the quality of their online services.

does anyone use or have heard of PSL securities. please comment on how u hav found them to be, as per stockbroking services, if u can. i hav almost made up my mind to use them, before i came across the comments on Citi Cap.

@ i.o.m.a.h
Regarding your priorities I have only used them for a private placement and PO that are not time sensitive.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by GBGHOSTBOY: 2:56am On Feb 19, 2008
@NBA

bro, i sent you an e-mail regarding the outcome. looking forward to hear from you soon.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Obalende: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2008
@NBA
eventually got the forms for Vetiva. Its like these days, they first ask you for your ID eg passport, letter of introduction from employer and utility bill before they forward you the forms - but I must say they are quite professional and I am quite impressed! Even the form is well articulated - cant wait to open; anyway, I will send you the email with my details for a referral letter as i sought earlier - they are quite good and the way people are moving to them, they might be raising their capital soon.

citiinvest didnt quite meet my requirements.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 12:09am On Feb 20, 2008
http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/shownews3.php?url=http://africa.reuters.com/country/NG/news/usnL193570.html#
Nigeria vows to triple power generation in 18 months
Tue 19 Feb 2008, 17:01 GMT

The old National Electric Power Authority (NEPA), popularly known as Never Expect Power Always, was renamed the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) which Nigerians promptly started calling Problem Has Changed Name.

LOL!  grin
may be old news to some but I never heard the new nickname.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by GBGHOSTBOY: 1:50am On Feb 20, 2008
@NBA

thanks bro. i just sent you the info u needed.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by lomah(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
@NBA,
hi. could you give me the requirements of vetiva for opening a stoockbroking acc with them? do they accept scanned docs (like filled out forms and digital passport photos sent via email attachments) and how much would be the miinimum to open an account with them. i see u online , so i would get a quick reply on this one, hopefully. grin . cheers!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2008
l.o.m.a.h:

@NBA,
hi. could you give me the requirements of vetiva for opening a stoockbroking acc with them? do they accept scanned docs (like filled out forms and digital passport photos sent via email attachments) and how much would be the miinimum to open an account with them. i see u online , so i would get a quick reply on this one, hopefully. grin . cheers!

@l.o.m.a.h
1 Mil Naira to open
Referral by bank or existing customer
completed application form which they email to you
passport photographs
ID - passport or drivers license
utility bill

I believe they accepted my scanned documents. This is what I can remember. Some folks recently opened or are in the process so can provide more info.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 5:44am On Feb 23, 2008
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2008
@NBA

Hope you are having a nice weekend with the Family. How is the election craze how its not being too much of a distraction. I wanted to know if you are still impressed with Vetiva services? does everything you said in your first post still ring true? speed of execution etc? Please pardon me if you have recently answered this question I just cant seem to locate it. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 3:08am On Feb 25, 2008
Bank PHB introduces new international money transfer product
Posted Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bank PHB one of the nation’s fastest growing banks has introduced a new international money transfer product called PHB Easy Remit.

The product introduced for Nigerians abroad is a complete online payment application that enables Nigerians in the United Kingdom (UK), United States of America (USA) and Canada transfer funds into designated Bank PHB accounts from their credit/debit cards and bank accounts.

Olu Akanmu, Divisional Director, Retail Banking of the bank, while highlighting the advantages of the PHB Easy Remit disclosed that with the product, Nigerians abroad can conveniently and securely send money home from the comfort of their homes or offices; with multiple payment options from credit cards, debit cards or bank accounts.

“Money is transferred directly into recipient’s account making it unnecessary for the recipient to physically visit the branch” Akanmu said.

Apart from this, the recipients are notified of the money transferred to their accounts electronically by SMS or e-mail. “Transferred funds can be monitored online real time to see its progress from when transferred to when received” he said.

The PHB Easy Remit also provides Nigerians receiving money from relations abroad a convenient and secure way of receiving such money; as the amount goes directly into their Bank PHB accounts.

Akanmu further disclosed that recipients can withdraw their funds through Bank PHB Automated Teller Machines (ATMs). “It eliminates the chances of impersonation” he said.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3660
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 3:34am On Feb 25, 2008
Etin:

@NBA

Hope you are having a nice weekend with the Family. How is the election craze how its not being too much of a distraction. I wanted to know if you are still impressed with Vetiva services? does everything you said in your first post still ring true? speed of execution etc? Please pardon me if you have recently answered this question I just can't seem to locate it. Thanks
@Etin

The weekend was nice, just got back from skiing yes O, naija man dey enjoy skiing  smiley , thanks for asking. Hope your weekend was nice too. Election craze? I am a political news junkie so it has been a fun period.

Vetiva has been consistently good overall and I still recommend them. Not sure which particular post you are referringto but I will be glad to answer any questions.

I spoke with them recently about people trying to open accounts and they say they have to be selective as they cannot effectively service all their accounts if they honoured every new account request. They have some mutual funds which according to them have been doing well and they would be promoting those.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ NBA

Skiing ! well done, my liver no fit. But I plan to take my kids as soon as the youngest is 4yrs old. I learnt thats the age they can start to teach them. At least they know no fear. Hope you came back in one piece I have seen the results of a JJC crashing into guru- its not nice.

thanks my question has been answered just wanted to know if the standards had slipped or stayed the same as we sometimes see when organisations going faster than they are prepared to handle.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 2:09am On Feb 26, 2008
@Etin,

Good!

Skiing is a lot of fun, snowboarding looks fun too but I no get that liver, not yet anyway. I think if I could do it most can as I am scared of heights! Yup, starting early is key, it is amazing to watch some of the kids move with ease and so much grace.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2008
Email to NRN Account Holders -

Dear valued customers,

UBA wishes to offer you our Master Card, an internationally accepted card denominated in US dollars that can be used instead of cash for On-line transactions, POS and ATM withdrawals. The card is accepted as a means of payment for goods and services in over 210 countries, more than 30 million merchant outlets and over 900,000 ATMs.

Kindly indicate your interest by completing the above attached form, scan and forward back to us.

Please disregard this mail if you are already a UBA Master Card holder!!

For more enquires, kindly contact the e-mail addresses below.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by megaprofit: 12:36am On Feb 28, 2008
Joint now at: http://goldenincome.biz

Goldenincome.biz is the Key to prosperity ,financial stability and financial freedom!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Technq(m): 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2008
Good day, everybody. I was trying to register with vetiva capital management, but needed to provide a referral from an existing customer. I will appreciate it if any vetiva customer in the house will assist me with that. Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by tosjay(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2008
@Etin, NBA & other Diamond Reach Account Holders

I received my Diamond Reach debit card today via DHL.
Have u guys received yours as well?

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by ManJiro(m): 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2008
tosjay:

Cheers

Got a DHL missed delivery note today. I guess it was the Diamond stuff.

Just as an aside, UBA Stockbroker seems to have improved performance. I now get 1 - 2 days mandate execution
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2008
Hello folks.

Can anyone here shed light on Mutual fund opportunities back @ home? Information (from your own perspective) regarding IBTC, ARM etc will be appreciated.

Cheers!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 8:07am On Mar 04, 2008
tosjay:

Cheers
@tosjay

I also got mine yesterday.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 8:23am On Mar 04, 2008
X-2-X:

Hello folks.

Can anyone here shed light on Mutual fund opportunities back @ home? Information (from your own perspective) regarding IBTC, ARM etc will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Here is a previous post with 2007 performance numbers.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-79353.288.html#msg1848898
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2008
@NBA. Thanks for this.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by ManJiro(m): 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2008
tosjay:

Cheers

Just received my debit card: hope my account would not be charged for the DHL delivery.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by SavvyLanre: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2008
BEWARE, and i repeat be very afraid - there are some CASHTHIEVES out there.

[center]Do not be a Victim.[/center]

[url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118241.0.html#msg2032949[/center]][center]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118241.0.html#msg2032949[/center][/url]
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 2:31am On Mar 08, 2008
@NBA. Manjiro, Tosjay et al

Picked up my Diamond Reach Debit card today from my DHL. The card was dropped on monday. Happy Banking.

On a lighter note. My application for an NRN UBA account sent by signed for post on the 28/12/2007 finally arrived there today - 07/03/2007 grin
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2008
Etin:

@NBA. Manjiro, Tosjay et al

Picked up my Diamond Reach Debit card today from my DHL. The card was dropped on monday. Happy Banking.

On a lighter note. My application for an NRN UBA account sent by signed for post on the 28/12/2007 finally arrived there today - 07/03/2007 grin

Too funny grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by facetofaze: 12:58am On Mar 10, 2008
Get Tips and helpful stock trading strategies at http://stockmarketer..com and for your forex trading head over to http://forexxtrader..com.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Keph: 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2008
Hello my good people.Is there anyone who uses Diamond securities(a subsidiary of Diamond bank)?I will like to know how reliable they are in the execution of orders?.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 11:52am On Mar 12, 2008
What are the best rates to call Naija?

Folks,

What are the best rates to call Nigeria from the US. I currently use an on-line calling card from phoneshark.com which is programmed to my home and cell phones so I do not enter a pin when I call from either number. I also like the convenience of top-ups on-line. They claim 9.5 cents to Lagos and 14.1 cents to cellphones.

Occasionally, I call from my Vonage phone. I do not like the phone cards from stores, most of them are rip-offs around here.

Anyone with a better rate to Naija?
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 3:20am On Mar 14, 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

MMM Dumps Naira, To Use Bitcoin / Analysis Of Results Of Companies On The Nigerian Stock Exchange / What Investment Mistake Would You Never Make In 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.