Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,829 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty (16361 Views)

Inflation: FG Exempts Minimum Wage Earners From Tax / Sanitary pads, 19 others excluded from VAT hike / Yam, Egg, Milk, Fish Exempted From VAT β€” Highlights Of 2020 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by mikeapollo: 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
id4sho:

But it's still sold in dollars, exchange rate All time low. It's made at bonny but sold at international price

This is what Nigerians must kick against.
Any government or country that produces something locally but sells to its citizens at international prices is not only useless but wicked and barbaric.
They want to do the sane thing with the crude oil

3 Likes

Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Bobloco: 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
id4sho:
Price difference won't be much

Because of the current exchange rates

1 Like

Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by soccerlite: 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
id4sho:

But it's still sold in dollars, exchange rate All time low. It's made at bonny but sold at international price

What's the international price
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by soccerlite: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
mikeapollo:

This is what Nigerians must kick against.
Any government or country that produces something locally but sells to its citizens at international prices is not only useless but wicked and barbaric.
They want to do the sane thing with the crude oil

You correct
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by ufuosman(m): 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
D price will tell
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Raph82(m): 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2023
2024 might be interesting more than we think. That year is going to be a turning point for Nigeria. All it requires is the political will to make this happen.

1 Like

Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by happney65: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
This should definitely crash the price

It should. But cost of transportation too as LPG tanks are transported with Diesel and you know how expensive diesel is.

So the Diesel cost might be the issh but I hope a reduction will happen
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by JagabanB: 10:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
Kukutente23:
LPG was 300/kg in 2015 when APC took over
We bought it for same #300 in 2020.
What are u saying?
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by drlateef: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
Lol.....

FG will just be feeling fly, like they've done something good to the people.....

Bunch of headless appointees taking order from a certificate forger.

Una go see shege tire!

Wailer oh oh oh, wailer!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by flokii: 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
Wrong move.. VAT and import levy were recently imposed on imported LPG to boost local production.. NLNG and some others are producing cooking gas from their side streams..

Who are those advising this government?

They will just turn LPG to petrol and be inflating prices anyhow they like.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by splendournoni: 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2023
Failed country... what are doing on drugs too... people are dying because they can't afford medical drugs
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by SalamRushdie: 11:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
We import gas
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Sunday2021: 12:03am On Dec 10, 2023
The price will still be on the high site.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by livebullet(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2023
TemmyT002:
Wontt believe it until itt happens

This one done wake up. Seriously no govt can deceive me again after experiencing 10 deceitful Federal govts.
If I no see, I no believe. All na bed time stories until I see.

Make this govt dey play.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by kunle4toyeyaho: 1:52am On Dec 10, 2023
Kukutente23:
Then,how much was it in 1999 when PDP took over?

1 Like

Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by toprealman: 1:52am On Dec 10, 2023
Empowering the rich …dem dem!
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Pacesetter2021: 2:45am On Dec 10, 2023
This is ridiculous. Nigeria is the highest producer of LPG. We have enough LPG for the entire world and we still import it?

This is hard to comprehend.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by LAFOCUZY: 2:51am On Dec 10, 2023
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-exempts-lpg-importation-from-vat-customs-duty/amp

The bane of a cursed country, a cursed people.....importing LPG into a country that is the reservoir of gas. Haba!!!
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by LAFOCUZY: 2:54am On Dec 10, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
This is ridiculous. Nigeria is the highest producer of LPG. We have enough LPG for the entire world and we still import it?

My brother, I wish there is better word than ridiculous..... .........its hard to think of
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Blitzking: 3:38am On Dec 10, 2023
Kukutente23:
chai I miss those days was in school then..with 2700 I go fill my 6kg and 3kg cylinder..go last for like 2 to 2 and half month.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by mokset123: 4:03am On Dec 10, 2023
For them to do this means they want to bring in equipments for their own businesses that they would set up in the country as demand for this product is high
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by hansomb: 4:21am On Dec 10, 2023
May this free custom duty free favor me and my family. Ameen
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by okorogodwin4(m): 5:22am On Dec 10, 2023
It is the criminals in Tinubus government that Will still sabotage the policy
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by 10mobile: 5:37am On Dec 10, 2023
Putindbutt:

Read what you typed again if it makes any sense to you. Can you shut the mouth if you are not adequately informed about certain issues.
He actually appears better informed than you. He's telling us that the tax waiver wouldn't have any significant impact on the price due to the exchange rates. Moreover, he's blaming the government for being so irresponsible that we need dollar exchange rates to buy products whose raw materials we export.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Cmeo(m): 5:50am On Dec 10, 2023
Surveillance should be higher now because some people will import some liquid contents now and call it LPG just to escape VAT and custom duty
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Kukutente23: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2023
kunle4toyeyaho:
Then,how much was it in 1999 when PDP took over?
LPG was 60k in 1999. Are you OK at all?
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Putindbutt: 6:06am On Dec 10, 2023
10mobile:

He actually appears better informed than you. He's telling us that the tax waiver wouldn't have any significant impact on the price due to the exchange rates. Moreover, he's blaming the government for being so irresponsible that we need dollar exchange rates to buy products whose raw materials we export.
Tax exemption drives down price burden on final consumer, simple economics but you're too ignorant. The rest of your comment doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by osca234: 6:08am On Dec 10, 2023
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-exempts-lpg-importation-from-vat-customs-duty/amp

I don't see this making any significant difference in the price if the dollar exchange rate is still high.

This government don't seem to understand the real cost of inflation currently being experienced in Nigeria.

If the exchange rate continues to go up in a consumer economy like Nigeria, then price of goods must be high.
Re: FG Exempts LPG Importation From VAT, Customs Duty by Putindbutt: 6:11am On Dec 10, 2023
Pacesetter2021:

We are not the highest producer, we are not even near average. We only have one of the highest gas reserves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Begins Annual Vacation, To Resume September 15 / Shekarau Dumps NNPP, May Return To APC Soon / Applicant Convicted Of Drug, Fraud Not Qualified For Student Loan β€” Tinubu’s Aid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.