Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive (420 Views)

Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video) / Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 / Canaanland Ota In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by hedonister: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2023
I went to the just concluded Shiloh and as much as I enjoyed the experience, I noticed the food inside Canaanland was more expensive than the food outside. Like shouldn't food inside a church environment be more affordable than food outside? I was really surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3iZ0NhblNc

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by Righthussle: 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
If you know how much the church charge the vendors, you'll not believe it.

Everything about the religion is business.

When you first meet them, they tell you it's just to give your life to their Christ, and then you think it's that easy and then you say, "ok I accept Jesus and my lord and personal saviour " and when you think it ends there, they tell you about tithe and offering, and first fruit offering etc and how importantthey are.

They never tell you about tithe and offering and sowing seed or anything about money before you accept their Jesus. It's after you accept that they'll tell you how their god needs your money to do his work.

I never come across any scam wey near organized religions.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by otipoju(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2023
Probably cause they paid heavily to be vendors and they have to factor that into the cost of production in order to make a decent profit .

Those outsiders are don't have permit as they are not selling on church property
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by Zonefree(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2023
That's the price you pay for foolishness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by gratefulheart(m): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
You should have asked the seller mind you the church doesn't sale food.

hedonister:
I went to the just concluded Shiloh and as much as I enjoyed the experience, I noticed the food inside Canaanland was more expensive than the food outside. Like shouldn't food inside a church environment be more affordable than food outside? I was really surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3iZ0NhblNc

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by Righthussle: 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
gratefulheart:

If you know how much the church charge the vendors, you'll not believe it.
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by victorclean(f): 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2023
Cos pastor oyedepo don't believe in poverty.
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by matrixme(m): 8:29am On Dec 11, 2023
You will still see some people come to defend this wickedness. Here is an official release from the church thst promised affordable meals for pilgrims. +/- a million people eating everyday at the designated restaurant and they will still require you to sacrifice, pay tithes and offering every Shiloh day. The church keeps growing big while the people keeps diminishing and they keep rubbing it on your faces, saying that you're not righteous enough.
It is well!

Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by Greatzeus(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
In deeper life camp,the church is the only one involved in selling food and Christian literature. The food are served 3 times a day in the auditorium and are 100% free, with sachet, water.
If you're not okay or you can't wait to be served in the auditorium,you can go to food stalls and buy,the food are cooked and sold by the church,it's ridiculously cheap.
Deeper life don't allow vendors sell food or literature in the camp ground. Unless you go outside the gate to patronise them.
Note I am not a member but I have been to deeper life retreats many times. I respect their Superintendent a lot, though I have my reservations about few things about them.
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by MightySparrow: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2023
My house shall be known as the house of prayer for all nations.

Not food canteen.
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by hedonister: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Greatzeus:
In deeper life camp,the church is the only one involved in selling food and Christian literature. The food are served 3 times a day in the auditorium and are 100% free, with sachet, water.
If you're not okay or you can't wait to be served in the auditorium,you can go to food stalls and buy,the food are cooked and sold by the church,it's ridiculously cheap.
Deeper life don't allow vendors sell food or literature in the camp ground. Unless you go outside the gate to patronise them.
Note I am not a member but I have been to deeper life retreats many times. I respect their Superintendent a lot, though I have my reservations about few things about them.
I grew up in Deeper life so I know exactly what you're talking about. The situation in winners is very alien to me.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by timetotwice: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2023
To maximise profit instead of it being free
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by Justkatty(f): 9:20pm On Dec 12, 2023
Another post to look for trouble undecided
Why not get a flask and pack your already cooked food and go there?Or if you'll be coming from your place of work, you would have branched another canteen to eat outside the venue where it will be cheap Abi pocket friendly, instead of coming here to say what you know ordinarily will cause unnecessary insults from people waiting for such post. undecided

Anyways na you know the reason (s) you go Shiloh.
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by jaephoenix(m): 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
gratefulheart:

The church is charging the vendors huge money. Millions of naira. Not just food vendors, but every business like water, services etc. So to offset the bill, the end consumer, who happens to be OP has to pay dearly. Its business. The church is indirectly making profit from sheeple like OP.
Re: Why Is Food Inside Shiloh In Canaanland Extremely Expensive by hedonister: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

The church is charging the vendors huge money. Millions of naira. Not just food vendors, but every business like water, services etc. So to offset the bill, the end consumer, who happens to be OP has to pay dearly. Its business. The church is indirectly making profit from sheeple like OP.
na wa

(1) (Reply)

Yul Edochie Performs His First Miracle After Opening His Online Church / Kenyan Lawyer Suing The State Of Israel For Unlawful Cruxifiction Of Jesus! / Let Preached Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.