Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Working (hard Vs Smart) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Working (hard Vs Smart) (119 Views)

You’re Working Hard To β€˜dismember’ The Country, Nigerian Army Tackles Amnesty / Bank Manager FLOGS His Staff For Not Working Hard Enough {SEE Photos+video} / Is Being Successful Truly By Working Hard Or A Destiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working (hard Vs Smart) by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:48am On Dec 11, 2023
Last week, one of my teachers shared a scenario in his short talk and I was like - "oh! I can relate to this experience". It is as the title says.

Some years back in secondary school, when mathematics was like Vibranium energy running through me and some of my colleagues. I can recall clearly in one of our term exams (or perhaps text), with a maths objective of 20 questions - everyone battling with the enemy in front over the period.

The usual gist after the exam and my friend, 'Raphael' tells me all the answer is 'C'. I was like I solved all and didn't get all to be 'C' although some were. Without my memories failing me, he said "The first few he solved had 'C' to be correct and he decided to just pick that option throughout". I didn't agree but believed the result would show who the boss was.πŸ˜‚

On seeing our scripts, he got all options correct save one. I could recount our math teacher then popularly 'Powerful' saying "he intentionally changed that one option so someone wouldn't get all". Raphael was one of the top guys then and still played smart. Well, for me I was...🫠

You could say 'luck' which sometimes still needs effort made. Am I saying 'don't work hard', no, we have to do the work and the needful in whatever we intend. Yet, we can get smart with it using available options it resources. Will it always work out? Maybe not but may be worth a try. Obliviously I believe the ultimate result we desire with our efforts lies with the Creator.

Idowu I. Balogun
IndigenousGenius

Re: Working (hard Vs Smart) by PoliteActivist: 3:52am On Dec 11, 2023
*Politeness*

The problem with this is that people spend so much time trying to figure out a way to "work smart" that, more often than not, the person who simply worked hard usually comes out ahead in the end!

Re: Working (hard Vs Smart) by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:
*Politeness*

The problem with this is that people spend so much time trying to figure out a way to "work smart" that, more often than not, the person who simply worked hard usually comes out ahead in the end!

I do not agree less...
Working hard shouldn't be underrated at the expense of working smart!
Re: Working (hard Vs Smart) by PoliteActivist: 1:41am On Dec 29, 2023
BalogunIdowu:

I do not agree less...
Working hard shouldn't be underrated at the expense of working smart!

*Politeness*
You do not agree less... meaning you agree with the statement??πŸ˜†
Re: Working (hard Vs Smart) by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
You do not agree less... meaning you agree with the statement??πŸ˜†

Exactly!
You are not incorrect grin grin grin
Re: Working (hard Vs Smart) by PoliteActivist: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
BalogunIdowu:

Exactly!
You are not incorrect grin grin grin
*Politeness*
You mean I'm not incorrect less grin cheesy grin
Re: Working (hard Vs Smart) by BalogunIdowu(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
You mean I'm not incorrect less grin cheesy grin

This man, go and drink water joor cheesy grin wink
Re: Working (hard Vs Smart) by PoliteActivist: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
BalogunIdowu:

This man, go and drink water joor cheesy grin wink
*Politeness*
You mean go drink water lessπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

1xbet / This Is Urgent Please Do I Block Someone From Sending To My Acc / Elerinmo Of Erinmo Condemns Arson On Holy Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.