Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? (250 Views)

Zack Orji: First Lady, VP’s Wife, Minister, Others Visit Ailing Actor / Your Prayers, Support Needed In Reviving Ailing Economy, Tinubu Appeals To Niger / Atiku Reveals How To Tackle Insecurity, Ailing Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Xpol: 7:22am On Dec 11, 2023
"President Bola Tinubu yesterday sought the prayers and support of Nigerians towards the efforts of his administration to revive the ailing economy of the nation and bring about the good old days when the naira was at par with the dollar and other western currencies."

It is true that what Nigeria needs to be great is prayer?

Does God really care about political affairs of Nigeria?

Why do most Africans reason these way?

In my personal opinion, God is less concerned whether your country is developed, developing or underdeveloped.that is a responsibility of the political class chosing by majority of the citizenships in a democratic setup or the Kings and princes in the monarchical..

I will use a building as an example. When you have money and conceive an idea of owning a house, these are parts of the step you take:

Getting a land( either through an agent or personally), then you make payment after.

Depending on your budget, you either chose to call experts in the area of structural design and the rest or just get a bricklayer (Mason) to do it from start to finish.

The foundation to roofing only take human efforts and planning. As a religious man/woman,
once you already have all the resources needed to complete this project the only thing you need is to just support it with prayer mostly again unforseen circumstances that can hinder the progress.

When you sit in your house and keep your money in the bank. Your prayers can never buy you a land and errect a building structure for you.

We should stop deceiving ourselves with too much fasting and prayer without taking the necessary steps that will bring the much needed development and greatness.

Do you know how many millions of Christians and Muslims in this country and how many prayer points that had been raised?

These leaders know what they are doing. After asking you to pray for four years and no result then you'll be asked not to relent coz God has answered your prayers so you need to give them another four years for it to manifest.

Note: I don't belong to any political party and I'm not a politician when throwing your stones do it cautiously and sensibly.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 7:30am On Dec 11, 2023
YES

Prayers can do it's own part.

Our motto in Nigeria is : WORK AND PRAY

God continue to guard and guide aright our PBAT2331

God bless Nigeria
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by pharmagba: 7:32am On Dec 11, 2023
I'm sure you are a Christian.
You're just denying God because of your hatred for Tinubu and obidients placard you carry and indiscretion

Soon God Himself will show you how prayer mould circumstances and destiny
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by orisa37: 7:43am On Dec 11, 2023
YES.
PRAYER IS DEMAND AND SUPPLY.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by WhisperedNoise: 8:21am On Dec 11, 2023
NO!
"Faith without works is DEAD".
GOD won't do YOUR part for you. He will do His part and let you do your part.
God doesn't reward irresponsibility.
Prayer doesn't absolve you of responsibility. It helps you to fulfil your responsibility with grace and wisdom.

I am a Christian, and I pray... But we must understand that Christianity is not an excuse for irresponsibility. In short, being a Christian should give you a sense of responsibility.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by gonkin(m): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2023
Nigeria's problem is man made not spiritual.
Prayers give u hope but when theres no action towards that praying you'll keep praying and waiting for miracle
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Stanleymaster1: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2023
America pray less, work less when compare to other Asia countries, but have the best Economic,.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Usmanovic95(m): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2023
ALMUSTAQIM:
YES

God bless Nigeria

Based on statistics 95% of NIGERIANS pray daily, and only Afghanistan with 96% better that record. And in addition the least prayerful countries are actually the first world countries. So can you please tell me the correlation and relationship that exist between prayers and economic growth and development.

2 Likes

Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Xpol: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2023
pharmagba:
You're just denying God because of your hatred for Tinubu and obidients placard you carry and indiscretion

I already knew I will be tagged as obidient but I have never been one. God had already done HIS parts by given us all we need to be a great nation.

Let me tell you this, if an Angel becomes the president of this country and all other posts left are occupied by humans (Nigerians). There'll still be no difference so tell me why you think it's prayer we need.

1 Like

Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by aylive02(m): 9:52am On Dec 11, 2023
ALMUSTAQIM:
YES

God bless Nigeria
. Don't be fullsh. You were warned
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Xpol: 9:53am On Dec 11, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
NO!
"Faith without works is DEAD".
GOD won't do YOUR part for you. He will do His part and let you do your part.
God doesn't reward irresponsibility.
Prayer doesn't absolve you of responsibility. It helps you to fulfil your responsibility with grace and wisdom.

I am a Christian, and I pray... But we must understand that Christianity is not an excuse for irresponsibility. In short, being a Christian should give you a sense of responsibility.
This is exactly what many people don't know. Will God stop us from electing who we want? Will God stop the leaders from looting? God can do all things but there are things he already given us the power and control over.

Some people even wish they stay indoor doing nothing and God should be supplying all their needs.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Xpol: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2023
The leaders will be there looting our resources like "tomorrow no dey" and still be telling you only your prayers can develop the country, yet many people will believe they are right.

Do the right thing and back it with prayer not otherwise. Don't be too gullible like zone-b.

God will never come down from heaven and renovate your house for you. It's your duty and not HIS. The only thing is if you don't have money for the renovation as a believer you pray God should provide even at that you'll still need to work and plan how to get the money coz the prayer needs some attachments to be answered.

God is not a magician, stop expecting him to just come down and turn Nigeria to Norway, Singapore, or start building skyscrapers everywhere like UAE.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Sunday2021: 10:07am On Dec 11, 2023
God cannot listen to prayers of corrupt basterds. No matter how prayerful we are,as far as we have criminals as our leaders nothing Will change.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Xpol: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2023
Sunday2021:
God cannot listen to prayers of corrupt basterds. No matter how prayerful we are,as far as we have criminals as our leaders nothing Will change.
let us continue doing the wrong things and be expecting turnaround overnight. Those countries who doesn't believe in God are still flourishing and God hasn't destroy them.

Is it because of the tag as the most religious country in the world? The Bible says all our righteousness are like a wilty rag in the eyes of the Lord and we don't even come close to being called a righteous country So what have Nigerians done different from other countries that will make him to personally come and develop our economy, creat employment opportunities and beautify the country
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by sotall(m): 10:26am On Dec 11, 2023
It is 100% fact prayers dont work.

Prayers are mere wishes by a lazy person to deceive themselves into thinking their wish can come true without hardwork.

Nobody that believes in prayers can mention one thing that has been done or invented in this world that was done with prayers.
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Streetdoctor: 11:16am On Dec 11, 2023
pharmagba:

how it started
Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Streetdoctor: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2023
ALMUSTAQIM:
YES

God bless Nigeria
na una still dey beg up and down

Re: Can Prayer Revive Ailing Economy? by Streetdoctor: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2023
pharmagba:

how it started

(1) (Reply)

Illegality Fighting Illegalities In Rivers State / Minister Slams ‘absurd’ Process For Married Women To Change Passport Data / Is It Fair For Dangote Refinery To Depend On NNPCL, A Rival, For Crude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.