Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu (11695 Views)

FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four / COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 / Senate Moves To Unbundle Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by money121(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2023
Better
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by freemanq(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2023
Nice move if they will implement it
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Saidfx(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2023
Ebubu:
if Enugu electricity Distribution company carters only for Enugu state. How will light be distributed to say, Ebonyi state now?

Ebonyi distribution company will come on board

1 Like

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Ebubu: 10:55am On Dec 12, 2023
Bayajjidda:

Stop mentioning Ebonyi like you own it, we don't even know you here. Speak for yourself and your household. Desist from mentioning Ebonyi. You won't say you weren't warned.
go and tie your legs together in your parlour.
Anuofia

I am Ebonyian and nothing you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by eldoradoxx: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2023
ijustdey:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/12/11/electricity-supply-fg-may-unbundle-discos-swap-stakes-with-states-says-adelabu?amp=1

"States’ involvement is essential for improving infrastructure, reducing metering gaps, enforcing bill collection, rural electrification, tackling power theft, and securing right-of-way for transmission lines."

This is the best part of the decision. Let the States get involved in distributing electricity to their residents. Nigeria 's major electricity trouble lies in distribution. It is poor distribution network that has hampered generation. Once you fix distribution, you fix the electricity problems.

1 Like

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Kenochi(m): 11:12am On Dec 12, 2023
This is exactly what I posted on a former thread which talked about the collapse of the National Grid,it is time to re-examine our power systems and structure
States,Local and Private Companies need to be brought into the Generation and Distribution of power in Nigeria
Any state that can take the heed and provide 24 hours power will become an investment haven.Those that are not able will be left at the mercy of their ingenious leaders
If Institutions in Nigeria can generate and distribute their own power,what stops local government and states from doing the same

Until we get the power situation right,we will continue to go around in circles in our quest to become an Industrialised nation
There is no nation on earth who have become industrialised through the use of Generators,it simply can not happen

5 Likes

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by adioolayi(m): 11:19am On Dec 12, 2023
I agree...

We can see that IKEDC and EKEDC are performing better than IBEDC that has 3 or more States to deal with
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Larryndelaw: 11:26am On Dec 12, 2023
[quote author=Ebubu post=127441965]if Enugu electricity Distribution company carters only for Enugu state. How will light be distributed to say, Ebonyi state now?[/quote Illiteracy is a disease
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by theysg: 11:34am On Dec 12, 2023
olatade:
Can't work oh. Giving it to states owing salaries for months is a bad idea.

They should find better coys please.

Try to read that stuff again okay.
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by StpidNLmods: 11:34am On Dec 12, 2023
I don't know if it is because of hunger or what.

U and ur fellows here are the static illiterates here because @ebubu asked an innocent and straight forward question and he has understood but people like u who lack home training due to lack of literate parents will always see the opposite of normal things

[quote author=Larryndelaw post=127443048][/quote
]
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by BreconHills(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2023
id4sho:
Worse decision loading angry

It's a bad decision for FGN to move towards true federalism by empowering states to run their own affairs? Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by tnerro1(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2023
States should have a stake in this discos, they should even have a commissioner sitting on the board of this discos to represent the state’s interests
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by CJStarz: 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
They should further unbundle these Discos to individual local government levels.
Aba power , handling few local governments in Abia State is not delivering at all
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Ebubu: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ogene001:

If Ebonyi is a lucrative market, someone will buy it off from EEDC but if it's not attractive enough for a separate investor, it will remain with EEDC.
the Governor mentioned two months ago on a courtesy invitation of EEDC management to his office in centenary city , Abakaliki that if they don’t improve their services to Ebonyi state, the Government may be forced to find alternative approaches to distribute electricity to Ebonyi state.
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by richeeyo(m): 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
olatade:
Can't work oh. Giving it to states owing salaries for months is a bad idea.

They should find better coys please.
Which school you go😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by usis3: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
We are tired of may or will. We need to hear has been done or done... Or is the administration trying to beat buhari's administration
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Donedeal1(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
States did you

Then it a gonna

For sure good news for some

Disaster for many.
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by tishbite42: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Nigeria supplies stable electricity to Niger, Chad and Benin Republic and they have better power supply

Proper transmission and distribution is our main problem

And what's funny about your take on the subject matter?!
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Bliss52: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
tishbite42:

And what's funny about your take on the subject matter?!

And who is laughing?
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Bayajjidda: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ebubu:
go and tie your legs together in your parlour.
Anuofia

I am Ebonyian and nothing you can do about it.

What I am saying here is that we don't know you here in Ebonyi, can't remember anyone making you a spokesperson for Ebonyi and Ebonyians. Your family may have made you their spokesperson, keep to it and stop speaking for Ebonyians. Stop attaching Ebonyi to your political motives. Ebonyi has come a long way since its creation we can't have you drag her noble name into the mud with your dirty mentions and politics.
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Cryofigbos: 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
Maga123:
Is like you don't understate. Government are running away from responsibility. Can the state government who are struggling to pay salary handle electricity issues

The state govt will make money from it as well and is not a giving Avenue but as well revenue, its nw left to ur state govt to perform...I hope when light become constant in SW u won't complain and blame yoruba's instead of blaming ur governors
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Omenlon: 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2023
Maga123:
Is like you don't understate. Government are running away from responsibility. Can the state government who are struggling to pay salary handle electricity issues
is comprehension your problem or you are just intellectually hollow.
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Omenlon: 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
CJStarz:
They should further unbundle these Discos to individual local government levels.
Aba power , handling few local governments in Abia State is not delivering at all

that is the way forward. It's unfortunate most people here don't read before commenting and some read
but theirr comprehension level is zero.

1 Like

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Ebubu: 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bayajjidda:

What I am saying here is that we don't know you here in Ebonyi, can't remember anyone making you a spokesperson for Ebonyi and Ebonyians. Your family may have made you their spokesperson, keep to it and stop speaking for Ebonyians. Stop attaching Ebonyi to your political motives. Ebonyi has come a long way since its creation we can't have you drag her noble name into the mud with your dirty mentions and politics.
where are you when they drag Ebonyi and Ebonyians and Abakaliki people in this forum with derogatory names such as backward? Poor? Fulani of SE, young girls saying they can’t marry Ebonyi man. Etc? Anu. You timidly put your tails behind your tiny legs and scamper to safety, denying your roots. I am a champion here and give them woto woto. When I do, you come back and tell me to stop embarrassing Ebonyi people.

May your dead ancestors strike you dead there anuofia!

Me asking to know if Ebonyi people can independently float their own distribution company and get rid being dependent on Enugu, is me being anti-Ebonyi.

If I see you I’ll beat you nonsense.

1 Like

Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by PHAYOL81: 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
Good move here
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by olatade(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2023
richeeyo:

Which school you go😂😂😂

School wey better pass the one you go
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by civilserva: 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ebubu:
if Enugu electricity Distribution company carters only for Enugu state. How will light be distributed to say, Ebonyi state now?
It is the duty of TCN to take power to the states.
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by Phantom233: 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
I concur, the federal is only good at sharing the oil money from Niger delta to all the 37states in Nigeria
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by omoharry(f): 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
Bayajjidda:

Stop mentioning Ebonyi like you own it, we don't even know you here. Speak for yourself and your household. Desist from mentioning Ebonyi. You won't say you weren't warned.
See them..then later una go dey shout BIAFRA up and down.
Re: FG May Unbundle Discos Swap Stakes With States - Adelabu by aywagze(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
Honestly ..this will be better but the problem is talking, talking, talking instead of doing fast ..that institution is terrifying bundle of corruption. ..🤔

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Names Airport After Abiola / APC Crisis: Plot Against Oyegun Thickens / Ijaws Blame Outsiders For Agitations To Cause Disturbance In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.