Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,999 members, 7,866,781 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

How To Win In Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Win In Life (130 Views)

What Was Your Biggest Win In The Year 2021 / How To Win In The Game Of Life By Babatunde Oladele / How To Apply For Worldlabs Elevating Ideas Competition (To Win £50,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Win In Life by PeterOyebode(m): 10:43am On Dec 12, 2023
THE PATTERN LIFE DRAWS FOR YOU
First, your mum conceived you ("my dear, the doctor said I am pregnant"wink

And then you were born into this wicked world, you were crying but everyone is laughing and saying "congratulations Mr and Mrs Lágbájá"

Later you took your first step and mummy shouts that's my baby boy! You were also giggling, making several moves. The next day you pour away the remaining yam flour that everyone is meant to eat for dinner, she gave you hot beating on your back side and you opened your mouth wide like the windows of heaven ready to send down showers of blessing

Fast forward to three years, mummy took you to your first school. You wanted to follow her back but the teacher didn't leg go of you. You decided to cry maybe that will work this time around. But all efforts you made was nothing to your new teacher.

That seems like your first failure, but with time, you begin to enjoy the rhymes and poems.

Twinkle twinkle Little Star...

You begin to build academic records..
You do well in class... Everyone sings your praises,
Or you perform woefully... Everyone calls you the name not listed on your birth name.

After sometime, the headmaster made you the senior prefect since you are a brilliant type or you manage to make it to the list of other perfects. Perhaps you did not even qualify for any posts at all.

Life goes on like a travelling train...

Everyone knows you must go to secondary school, isn't that the pattern of life for you? You dare not tell your dad that it is football academy you wanted to attend. He will beat hell out of you or at least ignore your most precious desire.

Maybe it is pencil art and moulding that took your mind like mine. What does your mum knows about that anyway. You are subjected to random life events and luck. The main concept of God began to shatter and gradually it became pieces.

You begin to move with friends and class mates. It is either you dominate or you are cut short by inferiority complexes.

You remember the day you wanted to cry but all your classmates were just laughing and making jest of you. It seems like this life is something else. "Life no balance"

On the assembly ground, the principal added salt to your wound by telling debtors not to come to school tomorrow. Not again!

Halleluyah! Praise the Lord, you finally struggled through your secondary school. It's time to start preparing for university, polytechnic or college of education.

Isn't that the plan of life for you?

You wrote jamb and jamb changed your destiny from medical doctor or engineer to anything anything!

Let's sha do something! A few will take time to look into what's in them and make a sound choice.

Others just allow life to drift them all about

In short what life really have for you is; be born, go to school, get a job, get married, have kids, grow old and then die. Maybe heaven or hell, I don't know that one

But life is beyond that, you need to know what exactly your life is about. Parents should be connected to God enough to know what the Lord has in stock for their little boy or girl.

Thank you, I drop my pen

#Upward_delivery
©Peter Oyebode

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Head Office Units In Banks / With Your Smartphone You Can Make 100k In Aweek And Above Through Affiliate Mark / South Africa Readies Launch Of Digital Nomad Visa For Global Remote Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.