Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 (18505 Views)

Africa’s Top 10 Billionaires In 2024 / Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 / Austin Russell Is Forbes Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Evolutionism: 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

stop this white worship

those musk, mark,gates all sell rubbish too

life makes no sense

Let me give you straight warning young boy.

Don't ever dare to quote me again on this Forum.

I hope i have made myself clear to you.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Evolutionism: 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

What did warren buffet invent ... Very stupid argument, hating on successful people in your country.. no be them spoil your life na...

May Ogun Lakaye, Sango Oko-Oya strike you deeead wherever you are. Oloreeburuku.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by GregJames(m): 11:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
Yet. No jobs in the country
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
Evolutionism:

Let me give you straight warning young boy.

Don't ever dare to quote me again on this Forum.

I hope i have made myself clear to you.

same here
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
Evolutionism:
Self made Thievebillionares.

Rogues without any form of INVENTIONs the world is benefitting from lol.

190 Millions of their citizens are living in Abject Poverty.

Below are the Real Selfmade Billionaires who have impacted the world positively with their great inventions.
👇
Bill Gate
Elon Musk
Mark Zuckerberg
Etc.

All those ones in the Topic are just Big Thieves.
Do you know the meaning of invention at all?
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by t2luv1: 11:43pm On Dec 12, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

stop this white worship

those musk, mark,gates all sell rubbish too

life makes no sense

how are they rubbish ?

Bill Gates himself has donated more money to Nigeria than any other Nigerian so-called Billionaire. Now you have the guts to call him rubbish? C'mon now

Every day millions in that country call Nigeria uses WhatsApp a subsidiary of Facebook

All over the world, the most used information Database is Oracle Database along with its Suites of Business Modules (Larry Ellison)

Just imagine the current world without the World Wide Web (America Development)

Trust me America with all her shortcomings has contributed a lot to mankind all over this world. Personally, it is inconceivable for me to imagine anywhere else in this world where I could be living the kind of lifestyle I am presently living. Own a house with my boat mooring at the back leading to the Gulf right here in Florida. Blessed with a beautiful wife of 29 years from Ijebu Igbo, and two grown-up boys now on their own. Partner not too shabby for a boy born and raised on Olisa Street Ijebu Ode attended Ebenezer Primary School Oke Ado Ibadan.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Evolutionism: 11:43pm On Dec 12, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

Do you know the meaning of invention at all?

Go ask your Fvther at home.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
Evolutionism:

Go ask your Fvther at home.
He knows what it means. I'm asking you,what did those entrepreneurs invent?
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by t2luv1: 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
Evolutionism:

Below are the Real Selfmade Billionaires who have impacted the world positively with their great inventions.
👇
Bill Gate
Elon Musk
Mark Zuckerberg
Etc.

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by lawani: 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
Is it really right for somebody employing fifty people to be described as self made?. Given that artisans who do not employ at all can not really be described as self made because they had a master at one point.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:01am On Dec 13, 2023
t2luv1:

how are they rubbish ?

Bill Gates himself has donated more money to Nigeria than any other Nigerian so-called Billionaire. Now you have the guts to call him rubbish? C'mon now

Every day millions in that country call Nigeria uses WhatsApp a subsidiary of Facebook

All over the world, the most used information Database is Oracle Database along with its Suites of Business Modules (Larry Ellison)

Just imagine the current world without the World Wide Web (America Development)

Trust me America with all her shortcomings has contributed a lot to mankind all over this world. Personally, it is inconceivable for me to imagine anywhere else in this world where I could be living the kind of lifestyle I am presently living. Own a house with my boat mooring at the back leading to the Gulf right here in Florida. Blessed with a beautiful wife of 29 years from Ijebu Igbo, and two grown-up boys now on their own. Partner not too shabby for a boy born and raised on Olisa Street Ijebu Ode attended Ebenezer Primary School Oke Ado Ibadan.

Can u help me with 10k at all? undecided
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by hotseat: 12:05am On Dec 13, 2023
Opans:
And highest number of poor people per Population in the world currently.

How many Nigerians can boast of 100K savings ? Probably few. There are so many billionaires in the world, the poor will always be more than the billionaires for sure. But when the poor are unable to achieve the least of basic commodities of life, then there is a problem. And that problem is the structure of the economy, your fukin government.

Tinubu is killing more people with starvation daily than Malaria in Africa. And if we continue to wait for divine intervention, we will wake up one morning with no one to fight for.

We need to stop these evil men in power. Tinubu must go. That is what we want. That is what sane Nigerians want. That is what the world want.

Before you label me Igbo, my name is Ochuko, I am a warri Boy from Ekpan. Delta State. That's South South. I speak for my people.

Mi tótá ki ikphomé...

Meanwhile, sell your gift cards and Bit©oin to us @ 1220 Per $. Check my profile for contact.

I guess you're speaking for your self and not for "your people"

We all know things are pretty difficult right now but it's not enough to throw caution to the wind by being reckless with our tongues.

Be mindful!
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by SmartyPants(m): 12:07am On Dec 13, 2023
SmartPolician:
What do they mean by self-made billionaires?
Can you ever be a billionaire by working for someone? That's practically impossible! Everyone knows that the surest way of making mad money is by working for oneself, but everyone is scared of uncertainty.

BTW, Nigerian government is just busy making the wealthy even richer. Build a system that will tax these folks and distribute money across the country. A country is wealthy when it has a huge percentage of its population in the middle class, not creating a few wealthy folks.

Self made in this context simply means you worked for it rather than inheriting it.

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by boldtruthalways: 12:23am On Dec 13, 2023
True reflection of corruption.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:23am On Dec 13, 2023
90% from igbo
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by lawani: 12:26am On Dec 13, 2023
SmartyPants:

Self made in this context simply means you worked for it rather than inheriting it.
It is still not correct because no amount of work can make you a high net worth individual. Ise ko ni owo.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by SmartyPants(m): 12:34am On Dec 13, 2023
lawani:

It is still not correct because no amount of work can make you a high net worth individual. Ise ko ni owo.

Work does not necessarily mean salaried employment. If you don't want to understand it that way then simply take it that self made is the opposite of inherited or gifted.

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by lawani: 12:36am On Dec 13, 2023
SmartyPants:

Work does not necessarily mean salaried employment. If you don't want to understand it that way then simply take it that self made is the opposite of inherited or gifted.

Thinking and not work is what brings any kind of success. Nobody really works harder than others but you can think harder
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by poseidon12: 12:46am On Dec 13, 2023
None of those Nigerian billionaires mentioned are self made. It's all government money.

It's the South African ones that are self made.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Kennydoc(m): 12:49am On Dec 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

NIGERIA IS ON TRACK TO BECOMING A GLOBAL MANUFACTURING HUB BY 2025.

You just open your mouth dey talk nonsense! Global manufacturing hub in 2025 with which electricity?
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Alpharey: 1:11am On Dec 13, 2023
Omoawoke2:
One will think the list will be dominated by our billonaires brothers from the rising sun

So for your mind now only three billionaires exist in Nigeria. Keep deceiving yourself. Since Adenuga and Dangote are billionaires, so all northern and Western people are not poor again. That is the mentality that has kept Majority of you guys poor. Always waiting for Dangote to share #200 each to you people everyday. Tueh! The children of the rising sun are not trained to live life like that. We hustle like tommorow no dey. That's our spirit
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by lawani: 1:25am On Dec 13, 2023
poseidon12:
None of those Nigerian billionaires mentioned are self made. It's all government money.

It's the South African ones that are self made.

If what you are producing is not more expensive than in foreign countries paying the same wages then there is no basis to describe the money as government money
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by swaggerjack: 1:25am On Dec 13, 2023
Evolutionism:

👇
Bill Gate
Elon Musk
Mark Zuckerberg
Etc.

Handed oil blocks or handed monopoly from fantastically corrupt military and civilian regimes.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by MrBroke(m): 1:33am On Dec 13, 2023
Next 3-4 years I'm adding to that list
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by InvertedHammer: 1:55am On Dec 13, 2023
/
I love Statistics.

In a country of 200 million people, if only 10 Nigerians are billionaires out of 15 in the whole Africa, that represents 66% of African billionaires. On the surface it looks commendable. But then no considerations for the remaining 199,000,090 of which majority are in abject poverty earning the country the poverty capital of the world. Some people will finish drinking garri and come out to rejoice about the news.

Let them tell us the numbers instead of percentages.

/
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:57am On Dec 13, 2023
Lol ! Where are the Nzogbu Nzogbu audio Billionaires,those empty chestbeating braggarts from Alaigbo ?! When we tell these loudmouthed braggarts from that erosion ravaged land of hinterland bushmen that as far as the economy of Nigeria is concerned,the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani are effectively in charge ! The truth is what's starring at their ugly,bitter faces up there now ! In the picture above are two Yorubas and two Hausa/Fulani -

* Mike Adenuga - Yoruba
* Mrs Alakija. - Yoruba

* Dangote - Hausa/Fulani
* Rabiu - Hausa/Fulani

"Everybody in Igboland is a billionaire","Igbo girls are the best","Igbo food is the best"," We are Jews","It was USA,UK,Egpty,Russia,etc that combined to defeat Igbo during the civil war"," Without Igbo,Nigerian economy will collapse", "Igbo developed Lagos,Johannesburg,NewYor" Igbo this and Igbo that,whereas all available evidences,statistics and verifiable facts have never supported any of their claims !

Mtchew,yeye 2x2 shops and useless Plazas audio Billionaires,shior !
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Ajalalomo: 3:49am On Dec 13, 2023
These men's links to our military and political leaders helped them succeed. They got their own share of the national cake.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by MrBroke(m): 5:36am On Dec 13, 2023
Self made billionaires or government made billionaires or contract made billionaires or stealing made billionaires. Mtcheww
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Cantonese: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2023
cyrusmillz:
Self made billionaires in naira or dollars ?
Are we talking about those that became billionaires through government contracts or embezzlement of public funds with no accountability?

Or is it the one through government monopoly or individuals that were awarded oil blocs ? Or even the ones that were given the Niger delta security contracts, contract so huge that he could afford to build a university in another country . Let's not even talk about Fx round tripping billionaires or even the religious billionaires ?

To only a few are truly self made. Those who have a traceable history and can actually tell their own story and not just tell us " na God oh "

Believe any so called self made billionaire at your own risk sad

Mike Adenuga was busy in America driving taxis until his friend who was the son of a Brigadier introduced him to his father. He returned to Nigeria, got connected to IBB and got army contracts to build barracks, etc. Thereafter he ventured into tomato puree importation, got money, purchased Devcon merchant bank and Equitorial trust bank. They sold former national oil to him, which became Conoil, as he through his military contacts, ventured into oil. The rest became history. He made his riches through the military.

The same with Dangote who got a loan from his maternal Uncle, Dantata. They used the advantage of their region and the military too. He has always been in the news using government to support himself, while fighting other to stay at the top.

Folorunsho Akakija, known in the eighties as Supreme stitches. A popular fashion designer with military connections. Story of her rise through IBB, who gave her the oil block is not hidden.

Which one of them can you address as “self made”? They made it through government please and not through skills or industry.

Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by geoworldedu: 7:14am On Dec 13, 2023
RepoMan007:
Self made poverty too abound. The poverty capital of the world.
It is more of a selfishness-made than self made. The selfishness of the politicians cause the poverty of the masses.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by mikmash(m): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2023
Future billionaire. My name has to be on that list.
Re: Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 by Opans: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2023
hotseat:

I guess you're speaking for your self and not for "your people"

We all know things are pretty difficult right now but it's not enough to throw caution to the wind by being reckless with our tongues.

Be mindful!
I speak for myself. Go suck dick

Buy Cheap MTN Data with Easy Data Share / Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 / Oil And Gas Terms You Need To Know.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52