Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Tools To Excelling In The Place Of Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tools To Excelling In The Place Of Prayer (81 Views)

“Don’t Go About Eating All Over The Place This Season”- Dr Olukoya Warns / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tools To Excelling In The Place Of Prayer by topshore(f): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2023
Scripture Text: James 5:16

Even though I believe in the New Testament, I still have a lot to learn about prayer. Heaven will give you more of the benefits of prayer the more you know about it and the more you pray. There are some things you need to have in order for your prayer to be heard and answered. We are going to look at them one by one.

The first tool is doing the right thing. For your prayers to have amazing effects, you must be born again, be in good standing with God, and always do what He wants. When good people cry out, the Bible says that the Lord's eyes are on them and His ears are always open. God's word also says that the earnest, fervent praying of the righteous avails much (James 5:16). People who avoid sin, choose to be holy, and obey God completely will always have great benefits when they pray.

In order for your prayer to work, the second thing you need is faith. The Bible says that if you don't have faith, you can't please God. The truth is that faith is very important in God's world. It means putting your faith in God's Power to do everything, even what you want. God's Word says that people who have faith can do anything. If you want wonders and testimonies to happen, you need to have faith now, not later. But for God's grace, one of Lazarus' sisters would have missed the wonder that Jesus did when he raised Lazarus from the dead. She told him that Lazarus would not have died if he had come earlier and that he would raise him from the dead on the last day. She didn't have enough faith to believe that Lazarus would come back to life right then and there. That date was tied to a long time from now. She was mistaken! Always put your faith to work and expect the best, just like the woman with the issue of blood did. Faith is the most important spiritual tool you can use to make the change you want. Matthew 21:21 says, "If you have faith and don't doubt, you will tell this mountain to come down and be thrown into the sea, and it will do what you say."

Mercy is the third thing you need to make your prayer powerful and successful. God's kindness changes everything. The Bible says that mercy wins over judgement. God's mercy will keep you from getting the sentence you deserve for your sins (Psalm 103:1-3). If you have done something wrong that might stop God from answering your prayer, giving you a miracle, or being a witness, you should ask God for forgiveness and mercy. Heaven will still bless you even though you did something wrong. When Moses asked God for help, he said, "I have mercy on those I have mercy on, and I will have compassion on those I have compassion."Romans 9:15–16. Mercy comes from God, not from those who want it or those who run after it. Asking God to be merciful is a real key to making your prayers work. God doesn't ignore the plea for help. In the name of Jesus, I pray that God will shower you with His kindness and that your prayers will be answered.

Grace is the fourth tool. The Bible tells us in Hebrews 4:16 to go straight to the Throne of Grace and ask for mercy and grace when we are in trouble. While mercy will keep you from getting the punishment you deserve, grace will make sure you get good things you don't normally deserve. God at that time blessed Elijah. Even though there were 7,000 other prophets who had not bowed to Baal or eaten from his table, God chose him and used him very powerfully. Because of God's grace, Elijah's words were so strong that the sky shut over Israel for three and a half years, and it didn't rain or dew. During the subsequent drought and famine, God's grace made sure that Elijah always had food and water. God's mercy and grace are important parts of a good prayer life, and you can get them, renew them, and restore them in prayer. In the name of Jesus, I pray that God will show you even more kindness and grace today.

The word of God is the fifth thing you need to pray effectively and excel in the place of prayer. In all parts of your prayer life as a Christian, God's word is very important. Prayer and God's word go hand in hand. The Bible talks about God, who listens to prayer. The Holy Spirit speaks and prays for us and with us. So, if you want to get the best results from your prayers, it is very important to bring the Bible (the Word of God) with you in the place of prayer. In reality, how close you are to God rests on how deeply His word roots itself in your being. To get the most out of your praise, worship, and prayer, they must be Word-based. Not reading God's Word is the main reason why people don't pray as much as they should. As a result, if you want your prayer life to be strong, powerful, and winning, you must always read God's word and use it in your prayers. Jesus also quoted from the Bible more than once. During Matthew 27:46, John 15:25, and Matthew 23:39, He used Psalm 35:19 and 69:4 as examples. In John 13:18, He used Psalm 41:9, and in Matthew 23:39, He used Psalm 118:20. Jesus Christ also used Deuteronomy 8:3 and showed the devil how useless his words were to beat him when He was tempted in Matthew 4:11. In John 15:7, our Royal Master, Jesus Christ, said it again: "The Word of God is very important for believers to pray." If you stay with me and my words stay with you, you can ask for anything, and it will be done for you. This verse from the Bible shows that living in God's Word is linked to getting answers to your prayers. The Bible made this point even stronger when it said in the Psalms that the LORD's angels are very strong, follow His rules, and listen to His voice (Psalm 103:20). Prayer is the most powerful thing in the world that can do amazing things. Dear brethren, I strongly advise that you make the Bible a big part of your spiritual life. You will have the spiritual strength to win in prayer and spiritual battle.

God bless you!

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now; come into my life; take control of my life; and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, and I enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank you, Jesus, for in Jesus' precious name I pray, amen."

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Also read: https://flatimes.com/mfm-devotional-3-december-2023-essential-tools-for-a-prevailing-prayer-life-iii/
Part 1-3

(1) (Reply)

How Are Mosquitoes Examples Of Injections, Thorns Or Thistles? / Solution Encounters / The Spirits Of Just Men Made Perfect.. What Does This Phase Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.