Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Guys Please Is This Beyond Repair? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guys Please Is This Beyond Repair? (516 Views)

Good Day Guys Please I Need Your Review On This BMW Car / Ferrari Worth N92,000,000 That Crashed Beyond Repair In Lagos State / Hi Guys Please I Need Your Help And Guidiance, On Car Duty Payment And Registr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Please Is This Beyond Repair? by ckc(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2023
Greetings guys. Please I urgently need help. The gear shifter of my 2000 old model CR-V surprisingly broke as I was trying to put it on park. Please can this be worked cos as it stands I can't drive the car as no way to select gear. Is it something that can be repaired and I hope it will not affect my gear box in any way?

Re: Guys Please Is This Beyond Repair? by mmadu5(m): 12:03am On Dec 13, 2023
looks like it has been welded/ worked on before. you are going to need to replace the whole gear assembly. and no your gear box is fine.. if you have a gear box mechanic have them remove the broken gear selector and go buy a Tokunbo one and replace..

good luck and be safe

2 Likes

Re: Guys Please Is This Beyond Repair? by ckc(m): 12:22am On Dec 14, 2023
mmadu5:
looks like it has been welded/ worked on before. you are going to need to replace the whole gear assembly. and no your gear box is fine.. if you have a gear box mechanic have them remove the broken gear selector and go buy a Tokunbo one and replace..

good luck and be safe
Did that successfully today and it's working fine, though the greedy mechanic charged me an exhorbitant 15k just to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Guys Please Is This Beyond Repair? by mmadu5(m): 1:56am On Dec 14, 2023
ckc:
Did that successfully today and it's working fine, though the greedy mechanic charged me an exhorbitant 15k just to fix it.

my brother thanks Good news most importantly the problem has been fixed

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Clean Honda Pilot 2015(unavailable) / 1999 Passat Transmission Problem. / Do You Own A Vehicle Or You People That Own A Vehicle Around You??? Autoclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.