Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone (7170 Views)

Divine Blessings Are Conditional / Abel Damina: Breast, Yansh, Brain, Good Cook Do Not Make You A Wife Material But / Testimonies From The Lord's Chosen Programme, God's Blessings For Higher Level ( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by mordigreen: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2023
If GOD'S blessings are not material and tangible things so also our thanking him will not be material and tangible but unfortunately there passages in the bible that suggest otherwise,like first fruits,seed sowing offering and even humans as offerings.here in Nigeria,we try to want to give the most unthinkable material thing to God and say it will move heaven to act on our behalf.example,someone gives God 1billion naira or dollars,thats cool but in the eyes of God those are just like processed trees with colours and design.in your heart you have given something of values to God.the real appreciation is are not material for the will affect how you treat people with respect and love, knowingly fully well that God has blessed you.it transcend material things.however blessings can be spirit wise and material wise depends on the individual perception position or circumstances. cool
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by ProudNigerian01: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
Glory to God for his many blessings.
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by riczy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
Nice one op, j wrote well!
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by femi4: 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
Corrections:
Many people in the world cry to God to bless them and the only way they can confirm if their prayers have been answered is by the number of material things ( things they can touch and feel) they have received. Where many don't see the manifestation of these physical needs in their lives they assume God has forgotten them.

God bless people in various ways and more importantly, his blessings do not add sorrow to the receiver. God bless us most time with things money can't buy.

Proverb 10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.

There are huge number of people whom God's non materialistic blessings are upon walking in the world today without knowing. Let us take a view of some people in this category from the Bible in order to have a better understanding of what we are discussing.

HEZEKIAH

2king 20:1-7
20 In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, “This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.”

2 Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, 3 “Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

4 Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him: 5 “Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. 6 I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.’”

There are many people in the world today that are like hezekiah but don't know. They keep asking God to bless them but God had answered them by adding more years to their lives to live on earth (elongating their lives). In some families God's blessing may be that certain disease will never come near them from generation to generation.

BARUCH

Jeremiah 45:1-5
45 When Baruch son of Neriah wrote on a scroll the words Jeremiah the prophet dictated in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, Jeremiah said this to Baruch: 2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to you, Baruch: 3 You said, ‘Woe to me! The Lord has added sorrow to my pain; I am worn out with groaning and find no rest.’ 4 But the Lord has told me to say to you, ‘This is what the Lord says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. 5 Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.

Baruch is one of the people that God blessed with something that money can not buy. Baruch helped Jeremiah to execute an assignment of God and after the task God decided to reward/ bless BARUCH with what money can't buy. God blessed him with divine protection wherever he goes. Do you know what this means? It means if he joined the military and he got posted to a fierce battle field where no one amongst his team mate was supposed to survive he "Baruch" will survive and come home alive. In another instance, if he travelled in a bus and the bus is involved in a ghastly accident where every other person died " Baruch" will be the only survivor.

Therefore, when next you check for God's blessings upon your life and[b] you don't see house, cars and others don't conclude yet [/b]that you have missed out on God's blessing. When you look deeper you will see clearly that God has blessed you with things money can't buy.

Jesus is the messiah the world is waiting for connect with him today!!!!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!
Naija pastors don't care
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by gift2xl: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
Corrections:
Many people in the world cry to God to bless them and the only way they can confirm if their prayers have been answered is by the number of material things ( things they can touch and feel) they have received. Where many don't see the manifestation of these physical needs in their lives they assume God has forgotten them.

God bless people in various ways and more importantly, his blessings do not add sorrow to the receiver. God bless us most time with things money can't buy.

There are huge number of people whom God's non materialistic blessings are upon walking in the world today without knowing. Let us take a view of some people in this category from the Bible in order to have a better understanding of what we are discussing.

HEZEKIAH

20 In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, “This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.”

2 Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, 3 “Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

4 Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him: 5 “Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. 6 I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.’”

There are many people in the world today that are like hezekiah but don't know. They keep asking God to bless them but God had answered them by adding more years to their lives to live on earth (elongating their lives). In some families God's blessing may be that certain disease will never come near them from generation to generation.

BARUCH

45 When Baruch son of Neriah wrote on a scroll the words Jeremiah the prophet dictated in the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, Jeremiah said this to Baruch: 2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to you, Baruch: 3 You said, ‘Woe to me! The Lord has added sorrow to my pain; I am worn out with groaning and find no rest.’ 4 But the Lord has told me to say to you, ‘This is what the Lord says: I will overthrow what I have built and uproot what I have planted, throughout the earth. 5 Should you then seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them. For I will bring disaster on all people, declares the Lord, but wherever you go I will let you escape with your life.

Baruch is one of the people that God blessed with something that money can not buy. Baruch helped Jeremiah to execute an assignment of God and after the task God decided to reward/ bless BARUCH with what money can't buy. God blessed him with divine protection wherever he goes. Do you know what this means? It means if he joined the military and he got posted to a fierce battle field where no one amongst his team mate was supposed to survive he "Baruch" will survive and come home alive. In another instance, if he travelled in a bus and the bus is involved in a ghastly accident where every other person died " Baruch" will be the only survivor.

Therefore, when next you check for God's blessings upon your life and[b] you don't see house, cars and others don't conclude yet [/b]that you have missed out on God's blessing. When you look deeper you will see clearly that God has blessed you with things money can't buy.

Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!

Nice 1
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by being(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
Christians don't realize that God's Blessings transcend beyond the natural - money, health... that you cam be born again is a major Blessing... That we have been called to be like our heavenly father in heaven is a monumental Blessing we currently can't comprehend.
Eph 1:3
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Kemadealadire(f): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
@topic, true.
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 4:44am On Dec 31, 2023
Happy weekend!!!
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 10:03am On Jan 01
Happy and a prosperous New year!!!

May God comfort the families of Christians murdered by Islamic Muslim terrorist on Christmas eve in plateau Jos.
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:43am On Jan 02
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:56am On Jan 03
Morning
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:42am On Jan 04
Good morning
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:59am On Jan 05
Corrections:

HEZEKIAH

BARUCH

Hg
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 10:38am On Jan 06
Happy weekend….
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 12:40pm On Jan 07
Happy weekend…
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 1:05pm On Jan 08
Uy
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 9:28am On Jan 10
Morning ....
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:00am On Jan 11
Morning...
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:34am On Jan 12
Morning.......
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 9:11am On Jan 13
Happy weekend...
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:23am On Jan 14
Happy weekend..
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:24am On Jan 14
Happy weekend........
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:19am On Jan 15
Morning...
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:35am On Jan 16
morning
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 9:26am On Jan 17
Morning...
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:57am On Jan 18
Gjk
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 8:05am On Jan 19
Morning
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 11:53am On Jan 20
Morning…
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 7:24am On Jan 21
Happy Sunday
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 6:39am On Jan 22
Morning
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 12:17pm On Jan 24
Morning..day
Re: God's Blessings Are Not Material Based Alone by Corrections: 3:56pm On Jan 25
Afternoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Devil Never Rests / I Wish There Was No GOD. / Why Do You Go To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.