Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS (20073 Views)

Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants / President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / Buhari Approves N208bn For Public Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by adioolayi(m): 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
I am sensing full autonomy will soon be given to these institutions..

Eat what you make kind of arrangement...make dem no rejoice yet

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by bluefilm: 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
I am just observing
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by LydayBobo(m): 5:25am On Dec 14, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Cheating by lecturers earning multiple salaries from multiple university , earning as visiting lecturer, earn from private schools, earn for supervising Masters Students

Atleast they can stop their useless ASUU strike

You're wise! Spot on.
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by sulakishop(m): 5:32am On Dec 14, 2023
Let the people breathe....
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by captainbangz: 5:54am On Dec 14, 2023
God abeg o, make I round up next year.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by Kukutente23: 6:03am On Dec 14, 2023
theophorus:
Oshey!

Oya, give these people Autonomy in everything, let them raise their own funds themselves while Govt focus on something else.

Let's make them like their US/UK folks and let them seek their Research Grants themselves while Govt. Focus on Primary and Secondary schools.

The Lecturers deserve more and they should look for it themselves and let Govt focus on more important things.
A lot of you have been brainwashed badly

US/UK also have universities that are publicly funded
The problem we have is ignorant Nigerians who think Havard and Oxford are the only universities in those countries

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by Neddyogu(m): 6:04am On Dec 14, 2023
theophorus:
Oshey!

Oya, give these people Autonomy in everything, let them raise their own funds themselves while Govt focus on something else.

Let's make them like their US/UK folks and let them seek their Research Grants themselves while Govt. Focus on Primary and Secondary schools.

The Lecturers deserve more and they should look for it themselves and let Govt focus on more important things.

You guys talk as if only lecturers work in these institutions. What about other professionals in the system? If every unit is to raise funds like u opine can the end users afford it? Take the medical services in universities operating on either NHIS for staff and T-SHIP health insurance for students, can healthcare be free without these facilities? How many students can pay bills without these facilities?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by dfrost: 6:04am On Dec 14, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

Cheating by lecturers earning multiple salaries from multiple university , earning as visiting lecturer, earn from private schools, earn for supervising Masters Students

How does multiple teaching affect student's performance? Just how?

If he performs well Good. Not as if schools are Industries that compete with each other.

Some things are really not worth fighting for. I had a lecturer when I was in school, we cared less that he was lecturing in three schools.

Ours was when it was time for him to turn up, he must turn up else we drag him to the top echelon of the school to answer.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by dfrost: 6:06am On Dec 14, 2023
LydayBobo:
You're wise! Spot on.

He is wise? Hmm... πŸ€£πŸ˜‹
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by AbuTwins: 6:15am On Dec 14, 2023
JAGABAN in the building...
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by ChristCee: 6:27am On Dec 14, 2023
johannu:
A welcome development. The unintelligent folks think the only way to curb corruption in salary payment is by having a centralized payroll platform. I was waiting for them to direct all government workers to open salary accounts with CBN. Idiots. They fail to understand that we can have clusters of interconnected payroll systems, just as we have many commercial banks on different platforms connected to inter-bank payment system. Corruption in government workers payroll is easy to tackle if government can reach out to those who know how best to tackle the problem. IPPIS has not solved the problem.
Educate me. If government create universities from public funds and tax payers' monies, should the same government not have full control over the universities? Shouldn't the whole salary payment system be through the same government? Where did all the autonomy come from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by omokab: 6:44am On Dec 14, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

my friend this country get serious problem. Only one professor lecturing about 7 universities ,how do they want others to get job . The same lecturers will be speaking English that there is no job creation in the country . how can we end poverty when only few were meaning what belong to many . FG should create a system to checkmate them .
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by omokab: 6:48am On Dec 14, 2023
dfrost:

How does multiple teaching affect student's performance? Just how?

If he performs well Good. Not as if schools are Industries that compete with each other.

Some things are really not worth fighting for. I had a lecturer when I was in school, we cared less that he was lecturing in three schools.

Ours was when it was time for him to turn up, he must turn up else we drag him to the top echelon of the school to answer.
many of the lecturers will not even come to class to lecture student until the end of the semester . They will tell you that ,they are to lecturer not to teach .
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by Scoutvibe: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2023
LegendHero:

I also support autonomy but I think the government need to be careful.

On book autonomy is good but I am scared all these corrupt VC of universities will make a mess of it and the only people that will take the fall will still be the same Tinubu FG.

That’s how policy makers have been shouting subsidy is a scam since 2000, we removed it now and they are still blaming Tinubu for fuel price.

Remove autonomy tomorrow and universities hike fees, then see how much curse same Tinubu will receive.
Nigeria most times defy normal logic.
H
You are a very big fool. I doubt that you are in Nigeria.
All you are concern with is to increase the suffering of the masses. If they increase the school fees where will the parents see money to pay for it, is it with 30k minimum wage or wetin.
You shall never see good thing in your life I promise you. You want Nigeria to be like USA or UK in the aspects of high cost but should not be the same in the except of minimum wage and students working hours ( here the school curriculum makes it difficult for students to work or less you want to see the effect in your result)

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by Coolgent(m): 6:56am On Dec 14, 2023
9jatriot:
What is the reason for this if I may ask?
Emilokam 2027 ambition
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by Scoutvibe: 6:59am On Dec 14, 2023
Kukutente23:

A lot of you have been brainwashed badly

US/UK also have universities that are publicly funded
The problem we have is ignorant Nigerians who think Havard and Oxford are the only universities in those countries
Leave those wicked soul. They will suffer for it last last.
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by ABBEYsammy01(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2023
Then corruption increase in the system, expect multiple ghost workers...
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by gaspology(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2023
Autonomy comes with a snag. Soon Universities , polytechnics etc would have to source their own funds in line with full autonomy. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by BABAawoo47: 7:15am On Dec 14, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

it's not cheating if u want pay for the extra work you do
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by olushollys(m): 7:20am On Dec 14, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
This is a wise choice especially at this time and something Buhari ought to have done long ago if not for his stubbornness. For the foreseeable future, lecturers will have to continue the status quo of lecturing in multiple institutions until more are employed across board especially in the senior cadre but the economy has to be stabilized first so the resources to lure these professionals will be available and ONLY then can the IPPIS be implemented but as for now, you can't fight the people hiding your shame since they can get better offers outside the country which many more of them have taken up. Thank you president Tinubu for helping Nigerian students but your Nairaland minions are still agbado lunatics as far as I'm concerned till they stop heating up the polity with their despicable tribal bigotry and hatred towards Igbos cool

I like your submission but for the latter part, I guess you're the first that I read to reference tribe. We're better off by seeing ourselves as friends and partners rather than rivals God bless you

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by MisfitHPG: 7:20am On Dec 14, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

you must be an illiterate,do you know what lecturers go through? do you know what It is for 1 lecturer to be assigned to handle 2 or more courses at every level undergraduate level?post graduate class?distant learning?affiliated colleges,SIWES all at the same time and get paid peanuts for it?you displayed your crass stupidity and ignorance by saying they earn for supervising Masters students,do you know a professor earns less than 400k in federal universities? that there donkeys being against ASUU is why nothing works in this shithole,even in first world countries people are paid for extra work..you are just a stupid slowpoke and I'm ashamed to share the same space as a human baboon like you
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by StJasper(m): 7:20am On Dec 14, 2023
Bobloco:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/13/tinubu-approves-exit-of-public-varsities-polytechnics-from-ippis/

This is a good development.

Most people attacking this decision don't understand how tertiary institutions operate all over the world. A lecturer can work and earn wages from more than one institution simultaneously. This is the method practiced all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by dododawa1: 7:20am On Dec 14, 2023
In

Progress
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by hegelian: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not a Greek gift. Autonomy in funding, administration and governance in my opinion.
It was still the same. You defending ngige back then and demonizing the lecturers.. Your life is anywhere Belle face so far it favor your political leanings.. We told you guys this then but call everyone name and even mocked the lecturers.. Zombies

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by Temi2468: 7:31am On Dec 14, 2023
Kingof2nations:

Stop fooling yourself
Ignorant is not excuse
No lecturer is receiving multiple salaries even IPPIS lecturer still go on visiting and they get paid.
Tell your govt to stop creating new universities rather they should sustain and improve the existing ones.
Thank you

Don't mind him. They don't think deep. They just type cluelessly. Thank God I'm now a Lecturer and know the stress we go through as academics in Nigeria. This year, RUGIPO poly was approved to be converted to a university. Meaning Ondo state now has 4 universities, yet AAUA is suffering poor staff welfare. Make we dey play.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by FreeStuffsNG: 7:38am On Dec 14, 2023
hegelian:

Insolent and uncouth as usual. Smh.

This deals with Intelligent and sensible engagement. I will rather not waste my thoughts on you so you can move on to the next person you cyberbully want to pick on. If the realistic argument of Ngige that FG cannot keep funding 100% and not make sense to you when petition of serious corruption against VCs by same ASUU makes no sense to you then the gradual movement of FG away from absolute funding should make sense to you uncouth mob. Smh

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by kokoA(m): 7:44am On Dec 14, 2023
Bliss62:
cool

So people shouldn't be paid for their work again?
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by dfrost: 7:46am On Dec 14, 2023
omokab:
many of the lecturers will not even come to class to lecture student until the end of the semester . They will tell you that ,they are to lecturer not to teach .

Bros, you as the student reserve the right to drag him to the Governing Council of the school. Una dey play.

A lecturer during my time travelled to Canada when we were about resuming first semester of our final year and didn't commence lectures two weeks in.

We took him to the HOD who in turn dragged him to the Governing Council. Baba returned within 24 hours.

Know your rights else things won't work.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by Adeneeyee84: 7:49am On Dec 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Good news to the staff of Federal tertiary institutions.
Are u a university staff? Absolutely there's nothing good about this exit
Re: Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS by dfrost: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2023
StJasper:

This is a good development.

Most people attacking this decision don't understand how tertiary institutions operate all over the world. A lecturer can work and earn wages from more than one institution simultaneously. This is the method practiced all over the world.

Do you mind educated illiterate? I pay no heed to them.

Same individuals would be doing side hustle. Show me hypocrisy, I'll ask you to visit Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ πŸ˜‹πŸ˜πŸ€£

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Amaechi Can't Bribe Judges, He Is A True Child Of God" - Rivers APC / Reno Omokri: Nothing Can Bring Sam Omatseye Down / Marketers Will Pay Naira For Dangote Fuel, Says IPMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.