Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? (183 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Who Inherit his money in the banks...? / Jason Njoku: "My Children Won't Inherit My Money" - Iroko TV Boss Says / Billionaire Aliko Dangote's Son Who Will Inherit His Wealth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? by Tohsynetita1: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2023
During Corona virus, a man in my environment committed suicide because of a bank loan of 10 million. He does block making business and I think he failed due to some unforeseen circumstances.

After so many embarrassment by police to pay his debt and also after the sale if his own built house. The debt was still left to be paid completely.
It was when the country was in tension of Corona that I heard he poisoned himself and died.
So, my question is "Can children inherit Parents debt?"
I ask because the remaining debt is left for the children.
Re: Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? by zeuss: 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
Simple No.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? by illicit(m): 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
I am sure I can't
Re: Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? by LikeAking: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
Tohsynetita1:
During Corona virus, a man in my environment committed suicide because of a bank loan of 10 million. He does block making business and I think he failed due to some unforeseen circumstances.

After so many embarrassment by police to pay his debt and also after the sale if his own built house. The debt was still left to be paid completely.
It was when the country was in tension of Corona that I heard he poisoned himself and died.
So, my question is "Can children inherit Parents debt?"
I ask because the remaining debt is left for the children.

They can’t..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? by Tohsynetita1: 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
LikeAking:

They can’t..
So, who balance bank loan that remains? dey play.
Re: Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? by viyon02: 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Immediately the man died, he is loan free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone's Inherit His Or Her Parent Debt? by LikeAking: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2023
Tohsynetita1:

So, who balance bank loan that remains? dey play.

Abeg no display ignorance here..

Nobody go balance bank loan..

E don go…

It’s called bad debt…

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Profitable Side Hustle To Start With 20K In Nigeria / Top 20 Most Popular Gift Cards And How To Redeem Them In 2024 / 20 Business Realities Every Entrepreneur Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.