Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive (9099 Views)

Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? / Watch This Nairalander MC The Weddings Of Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by CHIOMAEZEH: 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by ednut1(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Talk of the town wedding now costing 40m to 100m
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Bolu004(m): 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
I was at the Abuja registery with my fiance yesterday. The whole bill was just a little bit above 60k.
We are getting married by January and our budget is 200k.
NO PRESSURE!

3 Likes

Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Fatbam005: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
Fiscus105:

Why can't I commit suicide instead?
Do not follow your father's footsteps. It is not a secret , gruesome suicide runs in your family . It was learned your father burnt himself to death . Drink sniper instead. Idiot, son of a frog father
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Walezy2020: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2023
Offpoint1:
Bride Price is a crime against humanity, such nonsense shouldn't be practised by humans.

Whatever have a price is for SELL. Humans are not meant to be sold, let two people who love themselves should get their both parents blessings and go live as husband and wife.

So many things is wrong with the human race.

Selling of land is a crime against humanity,
Selling of water is a crime against humanity.
All naturally resources was meant to be FREE, Something is terribly wrong with humanity.

If air can be control humans would had started selling oxygen long ago
Oxygen is been sold already na may we not fall sick in Jesus name
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by saasala(m): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
Wait, are all Nairaland members this poor? Like you people are really really poor?

Everyone saying 'Dont throw a party yen yen yen"

If you can afford the party, throw it. If you can't dont.

I threw a good party and I enjoyed it. The memory will stay in my head forever. And I didnt even struggle to do it. I never borrowed a dime and never went hungry from that day till this moment. So what's all the yapping about?

Most of you will do a 60k wedding and still go hungry two months after because you are always poor, big wedding or not

Is everyone here really poor?
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by nearline(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Upaka:
People should go for Court Wedding and rest.
You’ve said it all. Case closed.
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Janetjim1: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
Bolu004:
I was at the Abuja registery with my fiance yesterday. The whole bill was just a little bit above 60k.
NO PRESSURE!

Pls explain more on this your #200k budget and possibly the breakdown!

I know someone in same shoe and budget right now but the amount is looking like mirage! Maybe i can show him your idea and plan.

Is this bride price inclusive?
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by tuzle(m): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2023
Johnycastro18:
Will the brides to be accept this sound analysis of yours?, Thats the problem......

The ladies to be wedded are always the ones asking for an elaborate and talk of the town wedding. Forgetting that things are quite expensive now-adays...
putting pressure on the already exhausted groom.

Those who can afford a lavish wedding are free too.

Wedding is good, but there is also life after wedding...
not only them, parents are also guilty of this especially the brides parents.

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Johnycastro18: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2023
tuzle:
not only them, parents are also guilty of this especially the brides parents.
yeah, that is correct too.
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Kryzboy(m): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2023
saasala:
Wait, are all Nairaland members this poor? Like you people are really really poor?

Everyone saying 'Dont throw a party yen yen yen"

If you can afford the party, throw it. If you can't dont.

I threw a good party and I enjoyed it. The memory will stay in my head forever. And I didnt even struggle to do it. I never borrowed a dime and never went hungry from that day till this moment. So what's all the yapping about?

Most of you will do a 60k wedding and still go hungry two months after because you are always poor, big wedding or not

Is everyone here really poor?
you dey mind them, i just they read the nonsense them they type.
their pocket is not the same with others so let your marriage party be according to what you can throw away.
like me, my own is gonna go round the newspaper.....

broke ass niggas keeping poverty in their head

1 Like

Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by femi4: 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
cooltola:
Enjoying your wedding should not break you financially.

Foods , drinks are free there, everyone want to eat party rice , dsmall chops and drink, dance and enjoy themselves.

Do not expect family members or friends to spray you a lot of money. Economy is not smiling.

Do not pass your boundaries , learn to cut your coat according to your size.

After wedding is over, everyone goes back home and the gbese or debt is on you. If you can afford a wedding, please go ahead.

You just starting your life together, don't start with debt or no money.
Wedding isn't even biblical. The scripture only recognise marriage
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by eepeepook: 11:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
Na oyibo wedding sure pass. Eight guests plus me and the bride. Some I saw featured only four guests excluding the wedding couple. Cut your coat according to your earnings. Capital should not be played with.
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by delpee(f): 12:22am On Dec 15, 2023
GboyegaD:
At the end of the wedding is the marriage where the couples are left on their own. Therefore, Amy couple who chooses to impress their guest at their wedding with resources they do not have are the ones on the losing end.

One thing to remember though, you cannot satisfy everyone. Irrespective of how elaborate your wedding is, at least one person will still have something to complain about.

Exactly.
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by delpee(f): 12:23am On Dec 15, 2023
cooltola:
Enjoying your wedding should not break you financially.

Foods , drinks are free there, everyone want to eat party rice , dsmall chops and drink, dance and enjoy themselves.

Do not expect family members or friends to spray you a lot of money. Economy is not smiling.

Do not pass your boundaries , learn to cut your coat according to your size.

After wedding is over, everyone goes back home and the gbese or debt is on you. If you can afford a wedding, please go ahead.

You just starting your life together, don't start with debt or no money.

Good advice.
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by delpee(f): 12:26am On Dec 15, 2023
femi4:
Wedding isn't even biblical. The scripture only recognise marriage

How about the wedding feast that Jesus attended?
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:40am On Dec 15, 2023
Bolu004:
NO PRESSURE!

I love this....
A friend had his introduction with just 80k. Now registry and engagement. He's planning nothing less than 150k... If not for the suit, shoes and those accessories he doesn't have ND will need to get. He would av not spend nothing less than 100k... Marriage is not a pressure, no do pass ur self....
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:46am On Dec 15, 2023
Janetjim1:

Pls explain more on this your #200k budget and possibly the breakdown!

I know someone in same shoe and budget right now but the amount is looking like mirage! Maybe i can show him your idea and plan.

Is this bride price inclusive?

The list you were given can be slim down to ur measurement. 20tubers, u can buy 10tubers🤣 naso them dey do am...
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Janetjim1: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

The list you were given can be slim down to ur measurement. 20tubers, u can buy 10tubers🤣 naso them dey do am...

Oh! Now i get
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by femi4: 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2023
delpee:

How about the wedding feast that Jesus attended?
That was marriage not wedding.

Wedding is done in the church
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2023
Janetjim1:

Oh! Now i get

😂🤣 No go dey do big man things but if u are comfortable u can buy above what was given to u... It's a great gesture...
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by delpee(f): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
femi4:
That was marriage not wedding.

Wedding is done in the church

Wedding isn't restricted to the Church. It's the joining together of two people which can be done anywhere else as long as it aligns with tradition or the law.
Re: Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive by femi4: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2023
delpee:

Wedding isn't restricted to the Church. It's the joining together of two people which can be done anywhere else as long as it aligns with tradition or the law.

In this context, we are referring to church wedding

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Mothers' Day To All Nigeria Mothers / Brt Bus Route In Lagos / Hall Decoration With Chairs Covered For 300 Guest Just N75, 000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.