Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market (12187 Views)

Naira Depreciates To N1,305/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates From 1310/$ To 1300/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by ojonugba2014(m): 8:04am On Dec 14, 2023
We are just getting started.

My prayer is " God let it favor me ND my family"

Bleep Nigeria
Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by DrMuzungu(m): 8:10am On Dec 14, 2023
solsticey2k3:
Almost twice the amount it was in less than one year.
What a government

In August 2014 it was floating between 170 and 180. Then bullhari came. Th1efnubu is just here to finish Nigeria off.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by cmikel: 8:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Vvvv
Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by cmikel: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2023
The tribalism base government and it's followers are the cause of the falling and failed country.

Their campaigns were not on economic issues but based tribal division so as to use divide and rule to get to power.

Look at the assumption based proposed budget without any physical blueprint and you will weep .

The vudoo based budget will further give gov more money to spend and push more people to poverty

A government that believes only in taxing it's citizens as the only means to raise funds how can it's currency gain strength?

This will lead the country men into intense poverty and frustration

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Soukiss(m): 8:44am On Dec 14, 2023
Naija is gone
Let everyone goes to his tent audio government.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by deavicky(m): 8:55am On Dec 14, 2023
I'm only blaming the Ymra
Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by abah001: 9:07am On Dec 14, 2023
What plan does this government have self. Look how they are impoverishing Nigerians, just less than 7 months. Greed will not allow them to leave the position to competent hands despite what they have acquired. This government is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Mosba: 9:13am On Dec 14, 2023
My projection was wrong, I predicted it would be N1,970 per $1 by now. Tinunu is really working. Meanwhile, help me tell the pastor who prophecized N1 will equal $1 to stop drinking that thing.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Dotmanq: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2023
This is the cause of things and items getting expensive this December.
A Derica of rice is now being sold for 1k.
This is seriously serious.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The praise singers and drum beaters are no where to be faund.

A man woke up one day shouting,"subsidy is gone, subsidy is gone", without any plans. And his paid supporters told us he is the one who gave Dubai the blueprint they use to develop Dubai.

As if that wasn't enough,he woke up the next morning telling us how he has float the naira.
They told us that this man was the one that was given all the brain of Albert Einstein.

Nobody asked him about his plans,they only said we should watch him do his wonders.

6 months later,look where we are. All the praise singers have abandoned us. The ones standing on his mandate are now looking for chair to sit down grin.

Today we are been told to pray. A man that didn't pray before taking decisions is asking us to pray.

When they make mistakes,they tell us is the will of God. God is not the author of confusion, Know this and know peace.
I swear, Tinubu is a confused man

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Mrfeel: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2023
Chetas81:
I LOVE THE WAY WESTERNERS KEEP ON USE THEIR BLACK AFRICANS SLAVE AND THEIR BRAIN 🧠 KILLED YOUR CORRENCY TO LABOUR FOR DOLLARS, IS YOUR PRIORITY, ZOMBIE EVERYWHERE ACROSS NIGERIA
The only zombie here is you who don't know how currency exchange works you think the citizens are the reason naira is depreciation

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by sirchim(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2023
Godjone:
Emilokan is digging their graves one by one
Don't mind them, look at them pushing the CRIMINALS, eating up the future of their children.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Mrfeel: 9:42am On Dec 14, 2023
obi58:
freestuffsng where are thou ooo?

Food is ready! grin grin grin
This guy you quoted told me sometime ago that FG is deliberately setting traps for people buying over priced dollar , that naira will become scarce and people will use dollar to buy naira and at higher exchange and dollar will fall grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by obi58: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2023
Mrfeel:

This guy you quoted told me sometime ago that FG is deliberately setting traps for people buying over priced dollar , that naira will become scarce and people will use dollar to buy naira and at higher exchange and dollar will fall grin

Freestuffsng is in severe pains right now grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Mrfeel: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2023
obi58:
freestuffsng where are thou ooo?

Food is ready! grin grin grin
This guy you quoted told me sometime ago that FG is deliberately setting traps for people buying over priced dollar , that naira will become scarce and people will use dollar to buy naira and a higher exchange and dollar will fall grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by airsaylongcome: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Where is that dude who was telling me to keep quiet when I said it's better to not kill yourself over the dollar exchange because it's still going to ₦1,200.00k per $1?

Hope he's getting his exchange subsidised now at ₦12.79k per $1?

I know and believe that Nigeria cannot change as long as its people continues to restore its leaders from the National Recycle Bin of ex-servicemen and politicians; forget it. Nothing will change.

One idiot was saying it will take 7 years for Dollar to get back to ₦1,300. Were laughing at some lady who changed her money to USD at around ₦1300/$ before government manipulation led to a false increase in the value of ₦

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by airsaylongcome: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2023
Lastmankc:
On your mandate we stand

There is absolutely no space for many of them to stand

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by airsaylongcome: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2023
Aw6793:
stop saying fall. it i rising

When currency loses value against another, Finance says the currency has fallen, when it gains value that's when it is rising
Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by airsaylongcome: 9:56am On Dec 14, 2023
blesdman:

So annoying...I ask a question. UK don't export much how come their currency has been stable against the grēenback

Who told you the UK doesn't export much?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by bigiyaro(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2023
The earliest Nigerians brace up for #2k/1$ before half of tinubu's tenure d better.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Cruzmaster: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2023
Una dey lie jare. As far as I know,bwe Agbado supporters are buying dollar 250 😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Fuckyoumod: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The praise singers and drum beaters are no where to be faund.

A man woke up one day shouting,"subsidy is gone, subsidy is gone", without any plans. And his paid supporters told us he is the one who gave Dubai the blueprint they use to develop Dubai.

As if that wasn't enough,he woke up the next morning telling us how he has float the naira.
They told us that this man was the one that was given all the brain of Albert Einstein.

Nobody asked him about his plans,they only said we should watch him do his wonders.

6 months later,look where we are. All the praise singers have abandoned us. The ones standing on his mandate are now looking for chair to sit down grin.

Today we are been told to pray. A man that didn't pray before taking decisions is asking us to pray.

When they make mistakes,they tell us is the will of God. God is not the author of confusion, Know this and know peace.
hahahahaha 😂😂😂😂

The man is an empty old man! The same people that made lots of noise about him have started denouncing him. 😂

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by lastkingsman: 11:26am On Dec 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Who told you the UK doesn't export much?

UK export is not your traditional export (education, entertainment, finance, and so on)

Meanwhile, currency stability is not only determined by export. You have FDI and FPI, sovereign wealth fund and foreign reserve and so on

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by airsaylongcome: 11:29am On Dec 14, 2023
lastkingsman:

UK export is not your traditional export (education, entertainment, finance, and so on)

Meanwhile, currency stability is not only determined by export. You have FDI and FPI, sovereign wealth fund and foreign reserve and so on

I was going to mention that the UK does export a lot of services primarily in the Finance sector. Thanks for mentioning that. Also a lot of these services the UK exports results in considerable FDI

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Xtraterestial: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
Emilokans think Street smart can govern, but intellectual smart is different. They said jagaban will do it, now look. The man dosnt know more than mago-mago way.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Johncuppa(m): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
mightyhaze:
This man reminds me of a young relative sent to me some years ago to help train ...

This dude is a genius,but only on the negative sides.. so smart in crime that u will never detect nor be able to stop his criminal moves. Before u knew it,he has made friends with all the criminal elements in the neighborhood.. he fit dey with you for car ,use eye communicate effectively with street men,and u will not even know... But that's how far he went. Before he was sent to me,his people said he was very smart and a genius.. ok but use that smartness to enhance your new home,Mba! Dude was at the bottom of his class! You can't send him on an errand and he goes it without making blunders.. Before I finally sent him away,I tried him in business.. for like 6 months in my business,he can't even write a single invoice talk more of calculating accurately.. but he kept stealing money and even kept girls without detection..he was found out by sheer chance..

Some people can maneuver everything but never for the interest of the public..
Your story is so true.

I once worked as a supervisor somewheere. The factory workers kept stealing the company products. I won't know no matter how I tried to detect until the manager would bring them with the products they stole.
I was confused. These are people who will come to seek for my advice, how come they are out playing me in this stealing game.
Finally, I came to a conclusion that everybody has brain, but their kind of brain is for fraud, and they are master in it, but simple brain to do good is far from them.

This irrespective, democracy has its own curse, just the way it has its blessing. It is so distasteful when very few people make decision for many.
Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by lastkingsman: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I was going to mention that the UK does export a lot of services primarily in the Finance sector. Thanks for mentioning that. Also a lot of these services the UK exports results in considerable FDI

Norway has sovereign wealth fund of 1trn USD (that's $1 trillion united state) Dollars.

When mkt force can shake their currency? grin
Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by airsaylongcome: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
lastkingsman:

Norway has sovereign wealth fund of 1trn USD (that's $1 trillion united state) Dollars.

When mkt force can shake their currency? grin

Our small SWF, Amaechi and his set of governors no let am rest. The ones wey follow that set chop everything reach ground.

SWF wey save us during global meltdown in 2008

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by lastkingsman: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Our small SWF, Amaechi and his set of governors no let am rest. The ones wey follow that set chop everything reach ground.

SWF wey save us during global meltdown in 2008

This.

That's we had technocrats running the economy na.

Technocrats like Ngozi and co.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by Adolfnigeria: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
Its because of Obidients naira value is falling .. LoL
Its a shame, but the wealth of Nigerians is being robbed by incompetence and corruption of government.

By the next election, no doubt naira will be close to NGN2,000.

Corruption is killing Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To ₦‎1,260/$ In Parallel Market by investigator007: 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
Na wa, na this same naira be 150 to 1 dollar before? Na only god go judge this our government o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appeal Court In Enugu Dismisses Innoson’s Preliminary Objections Against Gtbank / OPL 310: Lekoil Secures $184m Funding For Drilling / Is Mocality Really Closing Down? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.