Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms (24477 Views)

Ugwu Kenneth: Akwa Ibom Corper Builds Stairwell For A Community / See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi / NYSC Donates N3.5m To Corper Ogunpaimo Kehinde For Heart Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by correctguy101(m): 10:56am On Dec 14, 2023
SeriouslySense:
She tried, commedable, but cheesy, what is the government and community for.

Why do we have government and communities. lipsrsealed

State and local governments are always ignored. Most people don't even know the leaders of their local areas, so how else can such ghosts be held accountable for anything? Na only the FG Nigeria man know..

In my CDA recently, 1 bag of rice was given for. 8 streets...undecided
Me just told them at the meeting to sell the thing off and share the funds among the streets,and it's to be kept in the community purse for any future use. But our fellow landlords gather pieces bag of rice among a select few.. grin My advice be like werey talk for their ears... Smh

This ancestor don already boycott the gathering of such yéyé people. I can never sit and do meeting with such eediots.

Taking such nonsense palliative in the first place was an error but the attitude of most Nigerians too go shock you.

Tomorrow, their useless government go begin beat chest say dem don do something for them. .

From Abuja 10milliom per street. From State house 5mill per street, From local governments 500k per street, and before d tin go reach each street, dem don pinch am reach 500naira per street.

This palliative nonsense should be stopped, it has turned Nigerians to the clueless almajiris of the North.

If dem wan really share the peanuts, dem no know our NIN or BVN again?

Awon oni yéyé
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by rawfacts2023: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2023
Kudos to her.

It is good to give back to the community.

1 Like

Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by fitinwell: 10:58am On Dec 14, 2023
money121:
The two classrooms block constructed by Miss Rahila Garba.

A member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Bauchi state, Miss Rahila Garba, has constructed and inaugurated a block of two classrooms worth N3.5 million in Gudun Hausawa Primary School, a suburb of Bauchi metropolis.

During the inauguration of the project, yesterday, the corps member, who was serving in the Office of the Bauchi State Head of Civil Service, said the project was part of her Community Development Service (CDS), adding that it was solely financed by Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited.
According to her, the idea to embark on such a project came after she visited some schools and found out how conducive the pupils were in class.

She said the primary school caught her attention, when she visited the school and realised that the already existing structure was dilapidated while the pupils were sitting under the tree to learn.

She said: “It was this horrible experience that gave birth to the idea for the construction of additional classrooms. At first, it was not easy to bring this idea to life considering my financial status. But because I was determined and so passionate to see that this project comes to life, I decided to make some consultations of what it will cost for the construction of the entire project and I began to shuttle here and there seeking approval and doing some paperwork.”

“Finally, I got the approval of Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited for sponsorship. I am proudly saying that this project today is completed and it will be officially commissioned to commence class activities here.”

She called on the state government and well-to-do individuals to help in providing the school with chairs and other furniture.

Public Relations Officer, Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited, Salmanu Baba, said the project, estimated at about N3.5 million, was completed within 39 days.

Bauchi Coordinator of NYSC, Mrs Rifkatu Yakubu, said corps members had been encouraged by the scheme to integrate with their host communities to find out their challenges and proffer solutions where necessary.

Caretaker Chairperson of Bauchi Local Council, Mrs Zainab Baba-Takko, lauded Garba for embarking on the project and promised that the state government would commence renovation of other parts as well as provide the chairs she requested.

That project is not less than One Million Naira.... Liar
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by SeriouslySense(m): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2023
The local government should be more engaged with their communitires and people in the communities can help build things together.

What are they waiting for cheesy

quote author=correctguy101 post=127477051]

State and local governments are always ignored. Most people don't even know the leaders of their local areas, so how else can such ghosts be held accountable for anything? Na only the FG Nigeria man know..

In my CDA recently, 1 bag of rice was given for. 8 streets...undecided
Me just told them at the meeting to sell the thing off and share the funds among the streets,and it's to be kept in the community purse for any future use. But our fellow landlords gather pieces bag of rice among a select few.. grin My advice be like werey talk for their ears... Smh

This ancestor don already boycott the gathering of such yéyé people. I can never sit and do meeting with such eediots.

Taking such nonsense palliative in the first place was an error but the attitude of most Nigerians too go shock you.

Tomorrow, their useless government go begin beat chest say dem don do something for them. .

From Abuja 10milliom per street. From State house 5mill per street, From local governments 500k per street, and before d tin go reach each street, dem don pinch am reach 500naira per street.

This palliative nonsense should be stopped, it has turned Nigerians to the clueless almajiris of the North.

If dem wan really share the peanuts, dem no know our NIN or BVN again?

Awon oni yéyé

[/quote]
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by zebszebs: 10:59am On Dec 14, 2023
SeriouslySense:
in terms of temperature, they enjoy lower temp
You are trolling right?
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by SeriouslySense(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2023
Not really, so no.

Lowest temperature in nothern states, yesterday:

Sokoto - 14
Jos -12
Kastina - 14

while for southern states:
PortHArcourt - 23
Lagos - 24

So they are enjoying cooler air at night smiley

zebszebs:

You are trolling right?
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by grandstar(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2023
What one of their ex-hovernors has stashed away can build 10,000 of such building.

The level of greed is just mind blowing.

1 Like

Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by grandstar(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2023
fitinwell:

That project is not less than One Million Naira.... Liar

Why are you hard on him? That might have been the figure he was given. Try and appreciate his effort. At the very least, the public is now aware of this illustrious achievement. She will be blessed for this and it will look good on any CV.

"A critic is one who know the price of everything but the value of nothing"- Oscar Wilde.

1 Like

Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by correctguy101(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2023
SeriouslySense:

The local government should be more engaged with their communitires and people in the communities can help build things together.

What are they waiting for cheesy

My brother wetin you talk so?

The local and state governments are happy about not being known, the cluelessness of the people sure is refreshing. How else would they happily share the osusu coming in?

This one is on the people. If people can have interest and speak about bad governance in the nation, what stops them from doing same in the states and local communities they live in?

This daddy still dey vex for my own community and even the normal nonsense end of the year jollification, I no go join dem do. I drove away those wey come knock my gate for contribution sef. angry
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by grandstar(m): 11:12am On Dec 14, 2023
highness25:

Why you go say na Corper, you could simply say "richman pikin builds class rooms". Where an average Corper see this kind money to build class rooms for Nigeria?

She probably got donations. I doubt her family are wealthy.
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by occfx: 11:18am On Dec 14, 2023
SoNature:
Nice one! These days corps members are not interested in embarking on personal CDS projects!

The country dey make people vex... Go back there next year they go don vandalize the block and call it Haram.
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by saintkel(m): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2023
SeriouslySense:
She tried, commedable, but cheesy, what is the government and community for.

Why do we have government and communities. lipsrsealed
so it is d duty of government to do everything for u?
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by NAC1666: 11:19am On Dec 14, 2023
money121:

A member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Bauchi state, Miss Rahila Garba, has constructed and inaugurated a block of two classrooms worth N3.5 million in Gudun Hausawa Primary School, a suburb of Bauchi metropolis.

During the inauguration of the project, yesterday, the corps member, who was serving in the Office of the Bauchi State Head of Civil Service, said the project was part of her Community Development Service (CDS), adding that it was solely financed by Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited.
According to her, the idea to embark on such a project came after she visited some schools and found out how conducive the pupils were in class.

She said the primary school caught her attention, when she visited the school and realised that the already existing structure was dilapidated while the pupils were sitting under the tree to learn.

She said: “It was this horrible experience that gave birth to the idea for the construction of additional classrooms. At first, it was not easy to bring this idea to life considering my financial status. But because I was determined and so passionate to see that this project comes to life, I decided to make some consultations of what it will cost for the construction of the entire project and I began to shuttle here and there seeking approval and doing some paperwork.”

“Finally, I got the approval of Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited for sponsorship. I am proudly saying that this project today is completed and it will be officially commissioned to commence class activities here.”

She called on the state government and well-to-do individuals to help in providing the school with chairs and other furniture.

Public Relations Officer, Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited, Salmanu Baba, said the project, estimated at about N3.5 million, was completed within 39 days.

Bauchi Coordinator of NYSC, Mrs Rifkatu Yakubu, said corps members had been encouraged by the scheme to integrate with their host communities to find out their challenges and proffer solutions where necessary.

Caretaker Chairperson of Bauchi Local Council, Mrs Zainab Baba-Takko, lauded Garba for embarking on the project and promised that the state government would commence renovation of other parts as well as provide the chairs she requested.
All for sake of FG job. Hope dey won't disappoint her
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by saintkel(m): 11:20am On Dec 14, 2023
TinubuThief:
Waste of resources because they won't value it

Ask Goodluck Jonathan
I wanted to interject on dis but I totally think I r truthful.....Goodluck did much more than dis but he was rejected....today d schools he built for d almajaris have bin converted to idp camps n prayer houses

1 Like

Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by SeriouslySense(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2023
That was the reson for adding community, as in the people.

We cannot wait for wealthy individuals or a determined individuals, the community itself should seek to upgrade itself, within it means which can be effective, if intelligently applied.

The know how to progress should be built into the community as a people, not just dreaming about one super individual who knows how to put things together. shocked shocked
saintkel:
so it is d duty of government to do everything for u?
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by Ogisbaba: 11:28am On Dec 14, 2023
Good work and Congratulations
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by santaclaws: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2023
SoNature:
Nice one! These days corps members are not interested in embarking on personal CDS projects!

Would they embark on the CDS with sand? Is it a corper that's waiting for 30k alawee to eat that would embark on CDS? The ones that have money are doing it already, even though it's the failure of the government being corrected by the younger generation...

Why should a corps member be spending 3.5m on block of classrooms in a government school if not that they've failed woefully... Smh.
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by SoNature(m): 11:35am On Dec 14, 2023
santaclaws:

Would they embark on the CDS with sand? Is it a corper that's waiting for 30k alawee to eat that would embark on CDS? The ones that have money are doing it already, even though it's the failure of the government being corrected by the younger generation...

Why should a corps member be spending 3.5m on block of classrooms in a government school if not that they've failed woefully... Smh.

Nobody expects you to use your money. Write a proposal to companies and government agencies informing them of what you wish to accomplish.

Corps members are sent out to help develop their local communities. Development isn't one man's task. Everyone has to get involved.

PS: This response isn't typically for you. It's for someone who will still embark on NYSC in the future and wishes to leave an indelible mark.
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by dalass(f): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2023
tsdarkside:
look how pretty she is....

That same kind of project is what one honourable " will claim they spent 10. something million to renovate/ refurbish.

We need more ladies with brains in the political terrain. cheesy
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by tsdarkside(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2023
dalass:

That same kind of project is what one honourable " will claim they spent 10. something million to renovate/ refurbish.

We need more ladies with brains in the political terrain. cheesy

hey hey....have you forgotin diezani....??

diamond bras.... cheesy cheesy
thats some expensive tits their.... cheesy cheesy
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by jopedom: 11:57am On Dec 14, 2023
Highly commendable..God bless.
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by Heffalump(m): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2023
If it were a federal government project, it would have been 35 million naira.

Kudos to the young lady
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by ufotunang: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
That is why local government autonomy should be passed and signed into as a law... so that the local government can have sufficient funds to do projects and develop the villages, communities and LGA areas
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by ufotunang: 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nice one...this is what the state governor should be doing...but only to loot and embezzle money them know how to do best
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by SavageMaster: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2023
money121:

Nice gesture from the Corper.

Tomorrow, one Senator or House of Reps Member will collect about 100 million for a similar classroom block, leave the building uncompleted and pocket the rest of the money.
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by Bluntemperor: 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
Welldone ,Miss Rahila Garba,you have done well and deserve a Federal Govt Award!
For where others failed,you have Excell, afterall, you could have use the Money for other merriments!
What strike me in all this is the numbers of days the Project was completed ( 39- days). Wow!
Today, because of Corruption in Nigeria,the followings are too obvious to be ignored:
- most projects have no date of beginning nor
- date of Completion!
- most projects have open- ended- just to add more of N(Million/ NBILLIONS Money) - without showing anything on the ground.
- All the Arms of Govt ( Fed,States and Local Govt) are involved in this Scam,as the Nation bleeds in Corruption!
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by Dickson178(m): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2023
How come this people dey rule this country?
Meanwhile they don't like school 😕
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by Macdeey: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2023
money121:

Some people will still come here and say NYSC does not benefit anyone angry angry angry
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by Kachidubem: 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
So 3.5 million naira can actually build something in Nigeria....wow

Hmmmmmm....I'm seriously thinking of something o
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by newnigerdelta00: 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
money121:

GOD bless you More, good girl......peter Obi go just dey deceive Nigerians say na him be best...
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by Rebuker(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: Rahila Garba: Bauchi Corper Builds N3.5M Block Of Classrooms by forexprophet(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY ON NIGERIA. Something your government should do. Moreso, go and see that place in the next two and see how Hausa will bastardize it with their lack of maintenance culture.

money121:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Late Kaduna Female Corper's Candle Lighting, Set For Burial (Photos) / A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi / NYSC Registration: Graduates Sleep Overnight In Cafe (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.