Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,729 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? (265 Views)

I Got A Job In UK, Now This! / My Friend Sold His School To Japa To Uk Now Want To Come Back / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? by overeighteen: 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
I am a Canadian Citizen, married to a Nigerian.
My wife is thinking of applying for a masters degree programme in the UK.
I do not want to be away from her as the marriage is still relatively young.

Now that the dependent visa is cancelled, as a Canadian citizen, I am allowed to stay in the UK for 6 months.

Is it possible to search for a job within this 6 months, get an offer and convert my visit to a work visa ?

I do not need a visa to enter the UK as a Canadian citizen.

I work in IT as a Network and Cyber Security Analyst.

Please advise me. Thanks.
Re: How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? by advanceDNA: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2023
This is funny.....

I'm not understanding why ur wife is thinking of UK for a masters degree? Why can't she do masters in the country where u are a citizen and u both won't have worry of residency

Are u sure this wife is thinking of being with you as much as u are thinking of being with her?
Re: How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? by overeighteen: 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2023
advanceDNA:
This is funny.....

I'm not understanding why ur wife is thinking of UK for a masters degree? Why can't she do masters in the country where u are a citizen and u both won't have worry of residency

Are u sure this wife is thinking of being with you as much as u are thinking of being with her?
Hahaha brotherly, thank you for looking out for me. grin grin grin
Yeah your suggestion would have been the best option, but getting admission for her programme in Canada would not be easy, I have looked through most schools and its just few schools offering her discipline at masters level (agric) .

Also, the admission requirements and visa process seems to be quite hectic since she will be considered an international student compared to the easy process of UK.

I am trying to get her into UK for a graduate programme, then if I can also get a job in the UK, we spend 2 years working and visiting Canada, so crossing to Canada after her programme will be easier that way than crossing from Nigeria considering the little snag we have in the spousal sponsorship I wrote in my previous thread.

I hope that makes sense...Thanks.
Re: How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? by KillIgbohoN0W: 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
A real man should force his position on his wife not change his position for her.

OP na OG Simpson.
Re: How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? by advanceDNA: 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
overeighteen:

Hahaha brotherly, thank you for looking out for me. grin grin grin
Yeah your suggestion would have been the best option, but getting admission for her programme in Canada would not be easy, I have looked through most schools and its just few schools offering her discipline at masters level (agric) .

Also, the admission requirements and visa process seems to be quite hectic since she will be considered an international student compared to the easy process of UK.

I am trying to get her into UK for a graduate programme, then if I can also get a job in the UK, we spend 2 years working and visiting Canada, so crossing to Canada after her programme will be easier that way than crossing from Nigeria considering the little snag we have in the spousal sponsorship I wrote in my previous thread.

I hope that makes sense...Thanks.

.no it doesn't make sense.....either na UK dey una mind or u are just letting ur wife push u so much that u are not seeing a simpler option .......
U guys have a young marriage....u should be settled in Canada now where u both wont have residency issues....and can both work...

maybe u are not looking well...There are tons of course she can do as masters that's also related to her bachelor's .... ...

Agribusiness
Agricultural Economics
Soil science
Rural development
Food science
Plant biotechnology
Animal science...
Crop science...

..how can u leave for uk where u can't even work immediately .....do u know how hard it is getting a job as a non resident?? Ur guys can't survive on her 20hrs per week ooo....if woman give u stress when u are not providing , marriage go tire you ooo ...
Re: How Can I (canadian) Get A Job In The UK Now That Dependent Visa Is Cancelled? by overeighteen: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
advanceDNA:

.no it doesn't make sense.....either na UK dey una mind or u are just letting ur wife push u so much that u are not seeing a simpler option .......
U guys have a young marriage....u should be settled in Canada now where u both wont have residency issues....and can both work...

maybe u are not looking well...There are tons of course she can do as masters that's also related to her bachelor's .... ...

Agribusiness
Agricultural Economics
Soil science
Rural development
Food science
Plant biotechnology
Animal science...
Crop science...

..how can u leave for uk where u can't even work immediately .....do u know how hard it is getting a job as a non resident?? Ur guys can't survive on her 20hrs per week ooo....if woman give u stress when u are not providing , marriage go tire you ooo ...
mmmnnnn you made a lot of great points here and I think you won me over, there's really no need heading to UK.
Thanks for taking the time to spell out these options as well...
I will look into them

(1) (Reply)

Government's 50% Fare Reduction: What's Your Experience? / 20 Best Places To Visit In Afghanistan / Immigration Office Denies Services To Online Passport Applicants On New Webasite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.