Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism (245 Views)

How Wike Insisted Godfatherism Would Fail In Rivers State (Throwback) / Edo 2020: Groups Lead ‘peace Walk’ In Edo, Call For End To Godfatherism / Nigerians Wake Up!!..it Is A Game And You Are All Been Played!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Shobizz(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2023
Am not Political Fans, I dislike politics with passion, I never benefits from this Country Nigeria due to government policies, Nigerian act and many more. Lots of Job opportunities many Graduate can't secure due to nepotism, lots of vacancy those qualify can't secure.

No good health care
No stable power supply
No good road
No Food
Security Zero
High cost of living
No working refinery
Education system is bad from Primary to Tertiary Institutions
Bank Policies - Government Policies
Multiple Taxation
Crippled economy and many more...

I think it high time Nigeria youth should wake up and be United, Wike this Fubara that, always remember Politicians have...
* Personal interest
* No permanent enemy
* They never care about the Masses
* They have meeting point
* They travel abroad for vacation and medical
* Their children school abroad

Wike had his personal interest
Fubara had his personal interest too
What's the assurance Fubara won't continue Godfatherism if he also defeat Wike, with what we've seen in the past...

A country nothing is working, you see youth Fighting, Arguing, Insulting others all in the name of Politicians that never for a second have you in mind.

What we should clamor for is better Nigeria, better living condition

Please Nigerians wake up
Nigerian Youth Wake Up
No To Godfatherism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Akaegwu(m): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2023
Tinubu is our father in southwest. We can eat shits if he wants us to. We are happy we can't choose or think for ourselves
Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Whalis: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2023
There is no one who is not a godfather somewhere. Even you writing this someone somewhere looks up to you as mentor. Another name for mentor is godfather. However let's all detest oppressive godfather. I am a fan of Wike but Wike should have learnt from Odili and Marshall Harry. It is a history repeating itself again in Rivers State because we do not learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Shobizz(m): 10:24am On Dec 15, 2023
Whalis:
There is no one who is not a godfather somewhere. Even you writing this someone somewhere looks up to you as mentor. Another name for mentor is godfather. However let's all detest oppressive godfather. I am a fan of Wike but Wike should have learnt from Odili and Marshall Harry. It is a history repeating itself again in Rivers State because we do not learn from it.

You are actually right, but don't misinterprete MENTOR & GODFATHERISM.

OXFORD --- GODFATHERISM
A term used primarily in Nigeria to refer to wealthy and powerful figures who exert political influence behind the scenes while often remaining out of the limelight. A classic ‘godfather’ will have earned their money through government contracts or access to the country’s oil wealth and will have used their largesse to establish a network through which they can influence political developments. A successful godfather, for example, will be able to shape not only who is nominated to contest elections but also who wins.

GODFATHERISM (Wikipedia)
(Nigeria) A form of political corruption in which an influential individual handpicks another, often less influential candidate, to attain leadership in order to exert authority or influence. This may be due to the unpopularity of one candidate, or to work around incumbency term limits

You can Google Godfatherism & Mentor
Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Whalis: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2023
Shobizz:

You are actually right, but don't misinterprete MENTOR & GODFATHERISM.

OXFORD --- GODFATHERISM
A term used primarily in Nigeria to refer to wealthy and powerful figures who exert political influence behind the scenes while often remaining out of the limelight. A classic ‘godfather’ will have earned their money through government contracts or access to the country’s oil wealth and will have used their largesse to establish a network through which they can influence political developments. A successful godfather, for example, will be able to shape not only who is nominated to contest elections but also who wins.

GODFATHERISM (Wikipedia)
(Nigeria) A form of political corruption in which an influential individual handpicks another, often less influential candidate, to attain leadership in order to exert authority or influence. This may be due to the unpopularity of one candidate, or to work around incumbency term limits

You can Google Godfatherism & Mentor
I am surprised that this definition is online. Bros godfathers are people we look up to just as mentors. They are all our benefactors.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Lovemeharder(f): 7:17am On Dec 16, 2023
undecided
Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by maasoap(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2023
Shobizz:
Am not Political Fans, I dislike politics with passion, I never benefits from this Country Nigeria due to government policies, Nigerian act and many more. Lots of Job opportunities many Graduate can't secure due to nepotism, lots of vacancy those qualify can't secure.

No good health care
No stable power supply
No good road
No Food
Security Zero
High cost of living
No working refinery
Education system is bad from Primary to Tertiary Institutions
Bank Policies - Government Policies
Multiple Taxation
Crippled economy and many more...

I think it high time Nigeria youth should wake up and be United, Wike this Fubara that, always remember Politicians have...
* Personal interest
* No permanent enemy
* They never care about the Masses
* They have meeting point
* They travel abroad for vacation and medical
* Their children school abroad

Wike had his personal interest
Fubara had his personal interest too
What's the assurance Fubara won't continue Godfatherism if he also defeat Wike, with what we've seen in the past...

A country nothing is working, you see youth Fighting, Arguing, Insulting others all in the name of Politicians that never for a second have you in mind.

What we should clamor for is better Nigeria, better living condition

Please Nigerians wake up
Nigerian Youth Wake Up
No To Godfatherism

You want to become a governor of a state, can you do it alone? Take Fubara for example. A young man with no money and no political weight. No grassroot supporters, no political base, just no nothing. What chance could he have if he wasn't handpicked? If you were handpicked, would you have said no?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by dominic17: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2023
Is it how it should be run in democratic sitting someone handpicked puppet to govern millions of people and you are still siding him? This is the problem of Yorubas politics is not for the interest of a man but the interest of the majorities should be the overriding interest.
maasoap:

You want to become a governor of a state, can you do it alone? Take Fubara for example. A young man with no money and no political weight. No grassroot supporters, no political base, just no nothing. What chance could he have if he wasn't handpicked? If you were handpicked, would you have said no?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Shobizz(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2023
maasoap:

Poor mentality of Africa, Western world still donate/support/contribute to Aspirants. Why can't we emulate this lifestyle, I opposed Godfatherism because of personal interest, none of them have interest of the masses.

None of them care for good name again but fat bank account. We keep borrowing to divert to personal accounts.

Almost half of our budget goes for debt servicing not the debt itself. How long shall we continue like this....

Nigeria which way....
Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by maasoap(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
Shobizz:

Poor mentality of Africa, Western world still donate/support/contribute to Aspirants. Why can't we emulate this lifestyle, I opposed Godfatherism because of personal interest, none of them have interest of the masses.

None of them care for good name again but fat bank account. We keep borrowing to divert to personal accounts.

Almost half of our budget goes for debt servicing not the debt itself. How long shall we continue like this....

Nigeria which way....

Do we do such things here?
Secondly, it is still the same thing in western countries. Your donors are your godfathers, you do their bidding unless you don't watch their movies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Basic123: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2023
maasoap:

Do we do such things here?
Secondly, it is still the same thing in western countries. Your donors are your godfathers, you do their bidding unless you don't watch their movies
You dey mind some stupid Nigerians.

There is nothing that happen in Nigeria politics that is not happening in US

God fatherism
Desperation
Allegations of rigging
Family dynasty
Rigging

Just name it!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Wake Up, No To Godfatherism by Shobizz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
Funny enough you compare Nigeria to Western world, where citizen benefits good governance.

I never dispute the fact that Godfatherism never exist in the US.

You as a citizen, mention 1 good amenities you benefits from this government from day 1. Both PDP & APC Governance.

Health care
Power supply
Good Road
Housing
Oil & Gas
Subsidize Transportation
Water Resources

Which one do you benefits from good governance, you been US citizens alone you know what that means...

The so called survival funds, slots where give to some particular people, whereby you pay agent. The person that add me to his list requested for 25k from 30k.

The most painful part Government will claim they disbursed Trillions to the masses, whereas they never spend 1 Billion.
Some people still going to collect their share.

(1) (Reply)

Enough Of These Excesses, Face Your Job - APC Stalwart Tells Wike / Okan Gbogbo Yin Onibale / "I'm Not A Musician, Now Address Me As Hon" — Harrysong Declared After Being App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.