Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office (978 Views)

Turkey Delists Nigeria From E-visa Eligibility / Road Permits: Traveller Complains Of Having To Get Over 80 From Delta To Anambra / New Photos Of Man Who Survived Fatal Accident That Killed Over 80 Persons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by Agidipie: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2023
Source: twitter:. @ozor_cc

Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) has reported over 80 Nigerian students to the UK Home Office to revoke their student visas. This was done over the inability of the students to make their tuition fees. The student's visa status may be revoked and affected students removed from the country.

Many of the affected students are Most of the September 2023 intake, who were supposed to pay an enrollment fee of £3000 upon arrival/resumption at the university in September. Many are yet to make the payments, MMU granted them a month's grace period. Some couldn't meet up, the school had to shut them out of all student portals, classes, and privileges while extending the grace period to another month. Many couldn't still meet up due to the Naira devaluation and exchange rate and also delay in form A. A few days ago, MMU reported the students to the Home Office.

The Home office gave the students 7 days to make the payments or their visa status will be revoked and they will be thrown out of the country. The 7 days elapses this week and many are yet to meet up with the funds. If By Monday 18/12/2023, the fees are not paid, it's sad that the

Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by CoronaVirusPro: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2023
They have consumed the lies in Nigeria believing they can touch ground and easily work-out £3000 grin grin grin

UK with its realities, will humble you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2023
How do you migrate as a student without paying your full fees. That's how I saw one girl that opened a go fund me on Twitter for 10k pounds and she had a week to pay. How do you raise 10k pounds in a week.

1 Like

Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by lastkingsman: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
How do you migrate as a student without paying your full fees. That's how I saw one girl that opened a go fund me on Twitter for 10k pounds and she had a week to pay. How do you raise 10k pounds in a week.

The matter carry bear bear.
Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by Kenn55: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
The Nigerian situation has made people develop thick skin and assume they can survive in any situation forgetting that being a temporary resident on a student visa is a whole lot different from being a permanent resident in a new country.

If you talk to them about the reality of being a temporary resident without money, they tell you there must be a way somehow somehow make we reach there first.

Fellow Nigerians, we know you have suffered and are resilient in tough times but ensure you have money for school fees and living expenses before you embark on that student journey. If you get a favorable job when you arrive that becomes a bonus for you but you can't rely on paying your school fees and living expenses by just working when you came to study, that is very risky.

3 Likes

Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by victorVIC1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2023
@ BishopEmmanuel
Fyi
Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by BishopEmmanuel(m): 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2023
victorVIC1:
@ BishopEmmanuel
Fyi
you are funny
Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by victorVIC1(m): 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2023
BishopEmmanuel:
you are funny

Okay. When you come you will understand better. Somethings are better left unsaid
Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by BishopEmmanuel(m): 3:46am On Dec 25, 2023
victorVIC1:

Okay. When you come you will understand better. Somethings are better left unsaid
I appreciate your info but that I asked you doesn't mean I would not have foreseen such circumstance. I am in the system. I am on a study visa where I reside.
Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by victorVIC1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
BishopEmmanuel:
I appreciate your info but that I asked you doesn't mean I would not have foreseen such circumstance. I am in the system. I am on a study visa where I reside.

Okay, success bro

1 Like

Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by ednut1(m): 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
the idiots on YouTube deceived them with just pay deposit. You will be able to work and pay the rest. These countries should require any one coming with student visa to pay their full fees and also pay into a block account their living expenses. This is madness biko

1 Like

Re: UK University, MMU, Delists & Reports Over 80 Nigerian Students To Home Office by demo79: 8:49am On Dec 31, 2023
Must you study in UK by force? While you can study free with benefits in a country like France,German etc

(1) (Reply)

Work In Estonia / Dubai Shopping Festival / Obudu Cattle Ranch Your Experience And Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.