Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,950 members, 7,848,855 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Equation To Happiness: Dont add to your happiness just yet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Equation To Happiness: Dont add to your happiness just yet (83 Views)

Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / The Afterlife Equation / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Equation To Happiness: Dont add to your happiness just yet by IAmHim1: 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
A lot of people out there got this idea that "to be happy, you've got to do the things that makes you happy"

while its true in a sense, what if i showed you another way to look at it? What if i could help you paint a picture path to your general happiness and healthy state of mind

see it this way henceforth: TO BE HAPPY, YOU'VE GOT TO STOP THE THINGS THAT HURTS YOU FIRST !

i'll let that sink in for a moment....

now flow with me

if your life was a bottle filled with dirty water (sadness), you wont try to add clean water (happiness) to the dirty water in your bottle. of course you'd end up with an even more dirty water unfit for your drinking.

wanna know why? ITS BECAUSE THE DIRTY WATER (SADNESS) WEIGHS MORE AND OVERPOWERS THE CLEAN WATER (HAPPINESS).

thats why no matter how much a bucket of water is clean, all i have to do to make that bucket of water dirty is to throw in some sand and bam! the whole bucket of clean water becomes dirty

but if we reverse this scenario, a bucket of dirty water can NEVER BE CLEAN if we add/ keep adding clean water!!

In the balance of pain and pleasure, pain is more painful than pleasure is more pleasurable

to truly be happy, stop the things that hurt you first and then start doing the things that makes you happy. spill out the dirty water in your lifes bottle before you decide to add clean water in that same bottle else you end up with a catastrophe.

and when you finally end up with your bottle of clean water, shut it with a cover so dirt doesnt spill inside. Of what use would all your effort be if you cant protect what youve worked harrd for.

The only reason you should open your filled happiness bottle is :

1) You want others to drink from your bottle so they can be filled ie giving a positive compliment to someone, speaking good things behind someones (colleague, classmate, friend) back etc

2) You want to replinish your bottle after you've quenched others thirst ie stopping the things that makes you sad and doing the things that make you happy

3) You want to drink from your own bottle ie gratitude...showing love to others because if you love your neighbours as you love yourself, then YOU = YOUR NEIGHBOURS

quenching your neighbours thirst then becomes equal to quenching your own thirst

refer to (1) just slightly above

There you have it,
More happiness people !!

credit: Psyhacks, Dr Orion Taraban, Youtube (stop what hurts you first: how to accelerate your healing, There are only two goals: a simplified framework of action)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Unique Person / How I Spent My Tithe (Controversy And Understanding) / Warding Off Evil: Crafting A Protection Spell Against Tormenting Spirits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.