Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Would You Do If It Was You?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Would You Do If It Was You?? (162 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 89Elpazziano(m): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
This happened truly to me, I lost my Grandma last year September, so it required we the family and children to travel down to the east(imo state) for the burial..The burial date was fixed December and it was time for us to travel to the village. My dad made his trip using the public transportation not minding the fact I do have a car but he never used it or talked to me about using it. But his junior brother ( my dads younger brother ) came to meet me that I should borrow him my car, that he wants to use it in making the trip to village. At first, what came to my mind was Not to give him cause if anything happens to the car it would be my responsibility no matter what, on the other hand I called my dad and told him about what his brother seeked from me and he told me I should borrow him the car , that he isn’t a kid and nothing would happen…. I called my mom and told her about it and at first she was against it, then she told me that if I don’t borrow him he would see it like I have a car and can’t drop it for them and his family to use it and go to the village, plus it’s our grand mothers burial he wants to use it for,finally she said I should borrow him and be prayerful about it. I called my elder sister out of the country and told her about it , she responded that I should just borrow him just to avoid some certain things. Fast forward I gave him the keys to the car which was a Volvo suv, he travelled to the village and when coming back I don’t know how it happened but the car caught fire… There was 2 fire extinguisher inside the car and still don’t know how it all happened that my car burnt all without saving… He came back to Lagos with his family and told me , I was very mad at first but I remained calm but also happy nothing happened to anyone, no life was lost while the car was on fire…Fast forward till today as I write this my uncle never called me to talk to me about what should be done since he lost my car…. I don’t know if he is waiting for me to meet him and start having the conversation with him cause I believe he is old enough to know what is right to do. He is in his early 50s… My dad didn’t say anything meaningful or fight for me ( I don’t mean him having a fight with his brother ) but atleast making him know the car was my source of income cause I do use the car for Uber and executive service… My mom told. Me to be calm and put it all in Gods hand but I shouldn’t do anything I would later regret, she is a strong believer, she has been trying her best to not make me fall into depression since it all happened…. But what surprise me the most is this man didn’t give me any money to hold on to or even tell me anything tangible. He is just acting like shit didn’t happen…. I cannot fight him or do anything bad to him cause I know karma is real… please my fellow naira landers what did I do wrong or didn’t do ? Cause ever since then it’s been very hard for me, my job is with that car and now it’s lost. It’s hard for me to forget this event… my uncle has been having deals in his business but I don’t know why he doesn’t want to do the right thing. Don’t say I should give him time cause it’s a year now. Please I need advice… the only day he talked about the incident was on that day the car burnt, when he came back with his family, he called me to his house and told me my car burnt and ever since then till now he hasn’t said anything or done anything about it , I couldn’t be telling him on that same day that he would need to see what he would do about my car plus I believe this man knows the right thing to do. Please I need an advice. I have talked to my dad about it and it’s not yielding anything positive, it even caused issue between me and my dad which I just had to let the conversation go… please I need an advice cause it hard for me, I have tried getting a job but I can’t sustain myself and daughter on a 25000 naira salary. I pray to God to give me the heart to forget the incident fully and move on with my life..but I just need opinions and advice…Thanks
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 1TrippleCee: 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2023
Never you borrow put your workshop next time. Avoid the man completely
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 89Elpazziano(m): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Never you borrow put your workshop next time. Avoid the man completely

I have learnt this the hard way. Thanks
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 1TrippleCee: 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
89Elpazziano:

I have learnt this the hard way. Thanks

Please do your best to avoid that man in every way possible please
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 89Elpazziano(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Please do your best to avoid that man in every way possible please

Sure.
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by Mhizzard(m): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
It been a year now and you do nothing about it,is it now you you want to act.initially,if you want to confront once again or do anything about it,their or his response would be 'you haven't forgotten about it since all these while' because the man didn't felt bad about the incident;meanwhile, he thinks it is normal.since your father says nothing regard the incident,you have to let it go.or you explain the hardship you are facing right now for the fact that you have no car anymore which was caused by his brother.
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by Zaheertyler(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2023
We live we learn
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by viyon02: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Son of man, just forget the issue and move on, there is this fact I believe in, which is, "whatever a man sole he shall reap" if he did it out of heatred and jealousy he will pay in double standard, but if it just happened by chance then he is free. It is just a matter of time you will understand it all.
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
Did you saw the burnt car or just a mere narration, the fighting/clam period has laps since their wasn't argument and agreement
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 89Elpazziano(m): 12:05am On Dec 16, 2023
Zaheertyler:
We live we learn

True
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 89Elpazziano(m): 12:05am On Dec 16, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
Did you saw the burnt car or just a mere narration, the fighting/clam period has laps since their wasn't argument and agreement

Yes I saw the picture..
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 89Elpazziano(m): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2023
viyon02:
Son of man, just forget the issue and move on, there is this fact I believe in, which is, "whatever a man sole he shall reap" if he did it out of heatred and jealousy he will pay in double standard, but if it just happened by chance then he is free. It is just a matter of time you will understand it all.

Thanks
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by hibay86445: 10:27am On Dec 16, 2023
I have learnt this the hard way. Temple of Boom
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by Fredoh(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2023
Mchew‼️
You no get moto, pikin buy him own moto, pikin father no use him pikin moto, you wey be uncle your body de itch you to borrow.

I hardly borrow things. There’s a way borrowed properties easily get issues when handled by a non owner. This time around it’s burnt to ashes‼️
Sorry bro ‼️
Re: What Would You Do If It Was You?? by 89Elpazziano(m): 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Fredoh:
Mchew‼️
You no get moto, pikin buy him own moto, pikin father no use him pikin moto, you wey be uncle your body de itch you to borrow.

I hardly borrow things. There’s a way borrowed properties easily get issues when handled by a non owner. This time around it’s burnt to ashes‼️
Sorry bro ‼️

Learnt so much from this

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Ex-governor Yahaya Bello: The Shameless Of A Bigot / Apapa Port Gridlock Freed Following Presidential Order / Different Ways To Pray (4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.