Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

What I Regret After NYSC - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What I Regret After NYSC (199 Views)

Kayanmata: What I Observed At Abuja International Tradefair / What I Saw In A Bank Today / I Regret My Underwear Photo Shoot, Scared It Will Come Back To Haunt Me? HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Regret After NYSC by BurntDodo: 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
I just rounded up my NYSC/CDS and it had it ups and downs, mostly downs so I thought I'd share a couple of thoughts.

(1) I SHOULD HAVE STAYED THE ENTIRE 3 WEEKS AT CAMP. I left camp on the first day because I was sick but I think I was being soft. I should have stayed. Because of that, I didn't make a single friend and so at CDS, it was so difficult to make friends despite attending consistently. If I had stayed the entire 3 weeks at camp, chances are I'd have built strong bonds with someone that'd be posted to my LG. And so, I was alone the entire 12 months at CDS. Some days I'd talk to guys at CDS but it just never stuck.

(2) I REGRET THE FIRST 2 GIRLS I TALKED TO AT MY CDS. The first girl, I saw that she was a loner like me and I talked to her, got her number and all that but she wasn't giving me good energy. The second girl, I thought she was cute and so I struck up a conversation and got her number. On getting home, she wouldn't pick up my calls, she was acting very weird. Even at CDS, whenever I tried to talk to her she would literally use evasive manoeuvres. This girl really did a number on me I couldn't even ask her why she was acting like that. I started feeling really weird and insecure.

(3) I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN MY FINAL SHOT. There was this one girl at my CDS that was actually taking glances at me unlike the two that I went to meet out of the blue, and I really liked her too but because of what had happened before, I was uninterested and also insecure. I just kept waiting for the perfect timing. I wasted about 3 months waiting for the perfect timing. Never even got to say the word "hi" to her.

(4) I REGRET LEAVING MY POP EARLY. Immediately I picked up my certificate this morning, I headed for the gate, almost didn't even take a picture with my cert. I actually thought of waiting but I didn't think there was anybody worth waiting for to congratulate plus it would be so awkward sitting alone on a stone. I cried a little on the journey home wishing I stayed back just to watch people be happy.

I know companionship isn't the main point of the NYSC but still as a human, I long for social connections.
I didn't make the best out of the NYSC at all and it makes my stomach turn. NOT ONE FRIEND! Almost wishing for a do-over. On the journey home, it dawned on me that I had just concluded a part of my life, I wouldn't be able to wear the white and green that makes everybody stare at me, I wouldn't be able to go for CDS anymore (even though I hated it), and I wouldn't see the girls again. The worst part is for some reason, towards the weeks of final clearance, everybody started warming up to me, I was finally able to show my humour that one guy asked "Are you in this LGA?" when people ask me that, I know it's that I would have been part of their clique from day 1.

Quick question, would I be considered a psychopath if I called the 2nd girl who was evading me to ask why? Also, the girl I didn't take my shot with, I found her no on the magazine, should I call to tell her I have a crush on her maybe it doesn't have to end with CDS?

1 Like

Re: What I Regret After NYSC by dawnomike(m): 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2023
BurntDodo:
I just rounded up my NYSC/CDS and it had it ups and downs, mostly downs so I thought I'd share a couple of thoughts.

(1) I SHOULD HAVE STAYED THE ENTIRE 3 WEEKS AT CAMP. I left camp on the first day because I was sick but I think I was being soft. I should have stayed. Because of that, I didn't make a single friend and so at CDS, it was so difficult to make friends despite attending consistently. If I had stayed the entire 3 weeks at camp, chances are I'd have built strong bonds with someone that'd be posted to my LG. And so, I was alone the entire 12 months at CDS. Some days I'd talk to guys at CDS but it just never stuck.

(2) I REGRET THE FIRST 2 GIRLS I TALKED TO AT MY CDS. The first girl, I saw that she was a loner like me and I talked to her, got her number and all that but she wasn't giving me good energy. The second girl, I thought she was cute and so I struck up a conversation and got her number. On getting home, she wouldn't pick up my calls, she was acting very weird. Even at CDS, whenever I tried to talk to her she would literally use evasive manoeuvres. This girl really did a number on me I couldn't even ask her why she was acting like that. I started feeling really weird and insecure.

(3) I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN MY FINAL SHOT. There was this one girl at my CDS that was actually taking glances at me unlike the two that I went to meet out of the blue, and I really liked her too but because of what had happened before, I was uninterested and also insecure. I just kept waiting for the perfect timing. I wasted about 3 months waiting for the perfect timing. Never even got to say the word "hi" to her.

(4) I REGRET LEAVING MY POP EARLY. Immediately I picked up my certificate this morning, I headed for the gate, almost didn't even take a picture with my cert. I actually thought of waiting but I didn't think there was anybody worth waiting for to congratulate plus it would be so awkward sitting alone on a stone. I cried a little on the journey home wishing I stayed back just to watch people be happy.

I know companionship isn't the main point of the NYSC but still as a human, I long for social connections.
I didn't make the best out of the NYSC at all and it makes my stomach turn. NOT ONE FRIEND! Almost wishing for a do-over. On the journey home, it dawned on me that I had just concluded a part of my life, I wouldn't be able to wear the white and green that makes everybody stare at me, I wouldn't be able to go for CDS anymore (even though I hated it), and I wouldn't see the girls again. The worst part is for some reason, towards the weeks of final clearance, everybody started warming up to me, I was finally able to show my humour that one guy asked "Are you in this LGA?" when people ask me that, I know it's that I would have been part of their clique from day 1.

Quick question, would I be considered a psychopath if I called the 2nd girl who was evading me to ask why? Also, the girl I didn't take my shot with, I found her no on the magazine, should I call to tell her I have a crush on her maybe it doesn't have to end with CDS?

Welcome back to the real world... NYSC is your past now. Face the future!!!
Re: What I Regret After NYSC by Balablue64: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Guy people suck, people fucck and people are full of sh!t
at times it's better to be by yourself and just be by yourself and have peace while you enjoy your own company.
You can be solo but not alone because you are in the company of your own self,

I don't know if am making sense?
you need to learn to make yourself happy by yourself before seeking happiness from another person.
Everyone is faking happiness and taking pictures and when you see that you think they are happy and you not so u get depressed.

The quickest way to snap out of inferiority complex is to put yourself first in everything before people.
In my mind i believe people don't exist, i don't care about people and i don't give a shit about what people think so i don't judge myself or my actions.

Lastly, you see that girl that you like call her number this night tell her everything you think and if she turns you down i want you to curse her immediately and delete her number from your history, life goes on.
Re: What I Regret After NYSC by BurntDodo: 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2023
dawnomike:
Welcome back to the real world... NYSC is your past now. Face the future!!!

Right. But you know when one leaves a loved one in anger and the loved one dies and the last words one told them is "I hate you". That's how I feel about my NYSC/CDS especially the POP where I left without even saying hi to anybody. I want closure.
Re: What I Regret After NYSC by BurntDodo: 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
Balablue64:
Guy people suck, people fucck and people are full of sh!t
at times it's better to be by yourself and just be by yourself and have peace while you enjoy your own company.
You can be solo but not alone because you are in the company of your own self,

I don't know if am making sense?
you need to learn to make yourself happy by yourself before seeking happiness from another person.
Everyone is faking happiness and taking pictures and when you see that you think they are happy and you not so u get depressed.

The quickest way to snap out of inferiority complex is to put yourself first in everything before people.
In my mind i believe people don't exist, i don't care about people and i don't give a shit about what people think so i don't judge myself or my actions.

Lastly, you see that girl that you like call her number this night tell her everything you think and if she turns you down i want you to curse her immediately and delete her number from your history, life goes on.

You're definitely tougher than me. Even though I've mastered the art of making myself happy (and no not masturbation), from time to time, I still long for affirmation from people. I know I'm funny af, I even tell myself in the mirror but it feels 1000% better when it's the girl I like saying it.

Ok I'll take your advice on the last paragraph. I'll call her now.
Re: What I Regret After NYSC by duduade: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please you can take a shot.. Be a man

Walahi I almost thought you were a girl while reading until I got to the paragraph where you talked about crushing on the girl

Learn to live in the moment

(1) (Reply)

Nipple Piercings In Nigeria / Agbo, Umusi Emerge Winners As Igbere Cultural Festival Organised By OUK Foundt'n / Transcend Capitalism-acceleration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.