Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest (27175 Views)

Remi Tinubu, Governors’ Wives Move To Address “Japa” Syndrome / Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome / Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Must Face The Law, US Officials Tell Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by AnonPoet: 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
Outgoing President of the Nigerian Young Professionals Forum (NYPF) Mr Moses Siasia has expressed worry that Nigeria’s political class will in no distant time, face the consequences of the high rate of young people migrating out of the country in search greener pastures abroad.

Siasia who stated this on Friday in Abuja while officially stepping aside in a Hand Over Ceremony of the NYPF leadership to new President David Osadolor, lamented that majority of young people exiting the country do so through illegal routes. “Up to 75% of those who find themselves stuck up in the Mediterranean sea are Nigerians,” he said.

He referenced that the criminal venture of ‘yahoo Yahoo’ (cybercrime) has become almost inevitable because there are “no proper sustainable economic plans for young people”.

Siasia further stressed that young people form the bulk of the weight of those projecting Nigeria’s global image and advancement of the country’s Gross National Product (GDP).

He noted that in its 10 years of existence, the NYPF has spread across 15 countries, uniting over two million young people. He added that at least 2,963 young people have been able to secure employment both home and abroad under the platform, while 886 got access to grants to go into lucrative businesses.

While noting that the NYPF is encouraging young people doing well abroad to come back home and invest, Siasia added that one of the NYPF’s flagship program – the annual Niger Delta MSME Summit, is strategically set out to create opportunities for young people to become self-reliant.

He appreciated former President Goodluck Jonathan, Senate President Godswill Akpabio, Dr. Ifie Sekibo, former Managing Director of Heritage Bank, and Abia State Governor, Alex Otti, and many others for their support to the NYPF.

In his breif remarks, the brand new NYPF President noted that Nigeria as a developing nation cannot grow without vibrant SMEs, a sector which he described as critical to the survival of the nation.

He said he is coming on board to expand on NYPF’s sustainability goals, and building on the “three i’s Innovation, Industry and Infrastructure”.

Speaking on the capacity of young Nigerians, Osadolor referenced Victor Osimhen and Assisat Oshoala’s feat at the recently held CAF Awards in which Nigeria made giant strides.

“It is a rare privilege to sit here and receive this handover from the outgoing President, Moses Siasia. I’ve followed the forum closely for the past 10 years and Siasia has been an inspiration to me.My life has always been about service and I see this as an opportunity to serve,” he said

Other members of the newly constituted leadership of the NYPF are: Zahila Lawal (Vice President North); Victor Sameria (Vice President South); Gerald So-George (Advisor); Mayor Ndukaku (Legal Aid).
https://leaders.ng/2023/12/15/japa-syndrome-nigerias-political-class-will-face-the-consequences-soonest/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Yankiss(m): 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
While the government has zero plans for the youths, yahoo yahoo and other fraud ventures are a matter of choice. It's propelled by get-rich-quick syndrome and greed. We should not hide under Government failure to justify the unacceptable. Some youths still make it out there without fraud.

The government is not bothered about development of the country or about the youths. The youths are good enough as thugs and nothing more. So I fail to capture how their japa affects an insensitive idoncare govt. The elite get to power to share our commonwealth, not to develop anybody or anything.

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Jakpon: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
Omo I am not exaggerating, the number of my home boys and girls, wey I know personally one on one, that migrated to UK & Canada within the last two months exceeds fifty.
Meanwhile the political class don't care

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by hakym619(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
True
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by olisefom: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
The political class don't care!

Past or present; Nigeria lack leaders. Just selfish group of people who care less about the country.

29 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by HeadNigga: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
Lol...if it gets that bad they will also japa

5 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Luckysbab: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
RobertAntonio4r:
He dtik

Your head is not correct, honestly.

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by id4sho(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
tongue
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by 89green: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
RobertAntonio4r:
He dtik

Mumu promaxx
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by simp: 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
how are they going to face the consequences .he didn't explain that

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Sabadon(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2023
cool

I have projected what ll happen to this country in say next 10 to 15 years Omo it's not gonno be funny, the mass exodus ll have a very negative ripple effect for both the emigrants and those left

3 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by inoki247: 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2023
Lol Noise is Chinese and India facing any consequence....

Una Japa reach them.....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by jaxxy(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2023
Only Obasanjo understood the value of the youths and did his best to reduce the brain drain in his time.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by PHZADDY1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
We still dey lineup sha,next year half of me and my homeboys dey japa too...we can't be in a country where stupid people and vulture grillers dey support people wey hold them captive angry

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by justking(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2023

He referenced that the criminal venture of ‘yahoo Yahoo’ (cybercrime) has become almost inevitable because there are “no proper sustainable economic plans for young people”.

5 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Soteriahascome: 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
The government should provide security of lives and properties, a good transport network, and stable electricity and when this is done Nigerians abroad will start coming back

2 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by PHZADDY1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
simp:
how are they going to face the consequences .he didn't explain that
in many years time he will explain brr grin

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
Okay
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by CHIOMAEZEH: 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2023
I am not understanding

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by harsysky(m): 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2023

Which other Yahoo pass politicians" own. Let the Government migrate all of us ; we promise we will come back to build the most united country on earth.

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by ItisWell22(f): 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2023
You sure they’ll face it?

I really don’t think they will.

Rather, it’s the poor that keep bearing the brunt of this problem.

7 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by pansophist(m): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2023
If all the big business, smart and wealthy folks leave the country, who will develop it?

The political class will have few intelligent Nigerians to move the country forward, and will be left with the downtrodden (majority in survival mode) who have nothing to loose, and will be a heavy burden on the system, that they will drown it, afterall, its useless to them.

Take a clue from Lebanon.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Meti99(m): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2023
As if they cared...
If you didn't know Nigeria is on loose end know it today...
Those principalities and powers don't give a shit about what happens to Nigerians so far there's still enough money to embezzle...

The greatest mistake Nigeria youths are still making is to believe this country can work again as ONE

8 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by FILEBE(m): 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
Before nko?

Everybody will. It will touch everyone. We are getting to that stage where almost every Nigerian family has at least one person abroad.

When people are working and saving hard just to leave Nigeria. Many skilled workers are leaving. What are we going be left with?

Our leaders are the worse! I hope all these affect them directly or indirectly. They should see the devil they made.

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Articul8(m): 11:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
Of course...they are all coming back. The ripple effect would be two edged sward

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by FILEBE(m): 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
jaxxy:
Only Obasanjo understood the value of the youths and did his best to reduce the brain drain in his time.

How? There were intermittent university strikes during his tenure over non payment of salaries if I recall

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by DropsMic(m): 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
No they wont
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Benekkk: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
Do they care?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: Peace Of Niger Republic Must Matter To Nigeria / 11-Year-Old Aisha Agai Performs Song 'Peter Obi The New Dimension' In Bayelsa / UN Appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli Into New Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.