Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

I Am Fed Up! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Fed Up! (1268 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / Am Fed Up With This Marriage / I Am Fed Up With My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Fed Up! by Sandygal: 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2011
I just need someone to talk to, I left Nigeria few years ago to join my husband in spain, i was so happy as it had been my earnest desire. Little did i know i was moving from frying pan to fire. To cut a long story short, i have not been able to get a job for the past 5 years that i have been in this country,not even a job for 1 day. There are no jobs here. My children who are my utmost concern attend the local school and to be honest,this is not what i want for them as they are taught all subjects in spanish. I have tried talking to my husband about what the future holds for us in this country and he always beats around the bush, he would only discuss football happily anytime anyday. I want to go back to Nigeria as i can not continue this way and i believe Nigeria is better than where i am, honestly. Its such a frustrating life here. I know its not easy anywhere but damn, even with my permanent residence here, i have been made redundant at my age? I came on here as i have no one else to talk to.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2011
Sandygal:

I just need someone to talk to, I left Nigeria few years ago to join my husband in spain, i was so happy as it had been my earnest desire. Little did i know i was moving from frying pan to fire. To cut a long story short, i have not been able to get a job for the past 5 years that i have been in this country,not even a job for 1 day. There are no jobs here. My children who are my utmost concern attend the local school and to be honest,this is not what i want for them as they are taught all subjects in spanish. I have tried talking to my husband about what the future holds for us in this country and he always beats around the bush, he would only discuss football happily anytime anyday. I want to go back to Nigeria as i can not continue this way and i believe Nigeria is better than where i am, honestly. Its such a frustrating life here. I know its not easy anywhere but damn, even with my permanent residence here, i have been made redundant at my age? I came on here as i have no one else to talk to.

huh? What qualifications do you have? shocked Not even a retail job? Have you learnt Spanish?
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Arkhin(m): 3:48pm On Nov 01, 2011
Wow, tough one you got there.But really what can you do on your own? Your husband obviously loves his life there and may not wish to come back to live in Nigeria.If you chose to come, you know you are probably closing the door on your marriage.I'll advise you calm down cos it's the same tale everywhere unless you have a high paying job locked up for you somewhere in 9ja.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by monkeyleg: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2011
If you both have the necessary papers, you might talk to him about moving to another country within the EU with better prospects. things arent easy anywhere
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Fhemmmy: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
davidylan:

huh? What qualifications do you have? shocked Not even a retail job? Have you learnt Spanish?

Will wait for the answer to that question?
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Sandygal: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
I have a Bsc degree but it is worthless here and yes, i speak spanish. Learning the language was the first step i took when i got here. I just need advice on what to do. Spain is neck deep in crisis, majority of the citizens are jobless. I listen to the news everyday and there doesn't seem to be light at the end of the tunnel yet.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2011
What kind of Job are you looking for? have you done any kind of work for this past 5 years?
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2011
Sandygal:

I have a Bsc degree but it is worthless here and yes, i speak spanish. Learning the language was the first step i took when i got here. I just need advice on what to do. Spain is neck deep in crisis, majority of the citizens are jobless. I listen to the news everyday and there doesn't seem to be light at the end of the tunnel yet.

its only 21.5%. Where did you get your bsc degree? Nigeria? maybe you need to be more proactive.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by armyofone(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2011
make the best of where you are. public school if you don't have the money for private sch and home school them when they get back from school. going back to niger will not solve your problem spec as your husband is not interested. learn a trade and make the best of where you are girl, the grass is never greener, cheer up.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by tpia5: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2011
Register your kids in english school or better still you can try to start one yourself, with your kids. Like evening classes or something.

Just an idea but nigeria is an english speaking country and things will be more difficult should your kids visit home and they cant speak either the local language or english.

Big quandary which is best avoided.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
WHat does your husband do?
Re: I Am Fed Up! by ifyalways(f): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2011
@OP,Have you tried door-to-door sales of petty but vital household needs?Online jobs?

Ala bekke no easy.I bet some of your mates you left behind @ Naija are praying to be where you are. . .

Btw,are you guys staying in the city or @ a remote village.5 years without a job is no kids play.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by ifyalways(f): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2011
@OP,Have you tried door-to-door sales of petty but vital household needs?Online jobs?

Ala bekke no easy.I bet some of your mates you left behind @ Naija are praying to be where you are. . .

Btw,are you guys staying in the city or @ a remote village.5 years without a job is no kids play.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by armyofone(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2011
nwa mama, door to door ke? which oyinbo wan open door for you to come sell Mary Kay??
grin
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
Sandygal:

I have a Bsc degree but it is worthless here and yes, i speak spanish. Learning the language was the first step i took when i got here. I just need advice on what to do. [/b]Spain is neck deep in crisis, majority of the citizens are jobless. I listen to the news everyday and there doesn't seem to be light at the end of the tunnel yet.

[b]Have you been open to any kinda job or you are looking for a white collar job?
Re: I Am Fed Up! by chinweub: 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2011
I have some questions ,

1. Is your husband able to for you and the kids?

2. Do you really need job just to be busy or to make ends meet?

3.Sure there are some English courses and programs in Spanish universities , that can help you keep your mind busy!
Re: I Am Fed Up! by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
chinweub:

I have some questions ,

1. Is your husband able to for you and the kids?

2. Do you really need job just to be busy or to make ends meet?

3.Sure there are some English courses and programs in Spanish universities , that can help you keep your mind busy!

Seems like she is not happy with their current status as well as need more money to give more to their kids . . .
Re: I Am Fed Up! by ifyalways(f): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2011
armyofone:

nwa mama, door to door ke? which oyinbo wan open door for you to come sell Mary Kay??
grin
Nne if they are staying in a remote village its do-able.They go round the villages selling combs,toiletries and groceries.I've forgotten the street name for that kain hustle though truth be told,its a man's work.

Btw,I read somewhere that mercy Johnson's hubby survived on that before or after he met his first wife.
Re: I Am Fed Up! by tpia5: 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Caught Your Hubby Or Lover Red Handed On Bed? What Would Ur First Re-action Be? / Leaving Ur Female Kids With Neighbours! You May Want To Think Twice! / My Mum Wants To Adopt Grown Up Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.