Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Bayelsa Teenager Sets World Record With 99% Score In SAT - Vanguard - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bayelsa Teenager Sets World Record With 99% Score In SAT - Vanguard (448 Views)

Ondo: Omoyeni Joy Folakemi Makes 9As In WAEC, 338 In JAMB, 1400/1600 In SAT / JAMB: Galadima Zakari's 364, The True Highest Score In 2018 UTME / Rocksolid Strategies For Scoring Very High Mark In Sat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Teenager Sets World Record With 99% Score In SAT - Vanguard by SharingIsLife(m): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Zilayefa Okoroze-Trust, a Bayelsa-born student, has achieved an incredible feat by securing 99 percent scores on the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).

Zilayefa, a Grade 12 student of Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) Port Harcourt, Rivers State, scored 1530 out of a maximum score of 1600 at the test held on October 7, 2023.
Emerging second-best Nigerian student after David Chukwudi a student of the Nigerian Tulip International College (NTIC) 1st with a score of 1590/1600.

Before Zilayefa’s score of 1530/1600, the highest score ever recorded in previous years by any student in Nigeria was 1510/1600.
The SAT examination is a standardized test that assesses academic preparedness.

It tests applicants’ knowledge of reading, writing, mathematics and subjects that are taught every day in high school classrooms.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/bayelsa-teenager-sets-world-record-with-99-score-in-sat-examination/

Re: Bayelsa Teenager Sets World Record With 99% Score In SAT - Vanguard by SharingIsLife(m): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Zilayefa, a Grade 12 student of Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) Port Harcourt, Rivers State, scored 1530 out of a maximum score of 1600 at the test held on October 7, 2023.

Emerging second-best Nigerian student after David Chukwudi a student of the Nigerian Tulip International College (NTIC) 1st with a score of 1590/1600.

Please, join me to examine this Vanguard report.

Why do they seem to be reporting about the second best as making the Guinness record instead of the first?

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Teenager Sets World Record With 99% Score In SAT - Vanguard by Buharidgeneral: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Why do they seem to be reporting about the second best as making the Guinness record instead of the first?
Even vanguard. This tribalism no go kill us oo
Re: Bayelsa Teenager Sets World Record With 99% Score In SAT - Vanguard by AskProf: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
SharingIsLife:

And, the Bayelsa boy did not score 99%. He got aprox 96%'

David Chukwudi score 99%.

Was this a deliberate tainted reportage or that they don't know simple arithmetic?
Re: Bayelsa Teenager Sets World Record With 99% Score In SAT - Vanguard by BRATISLAVA: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
SharingIsLife:

I thought I was the only one wondering about that next part of the story.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Hikes UTME Fees For 2024, Releases DE Application Schedule / T.shirts Customizing / Jamb 2011,share Your Exprience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.