Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising (278 Views)

Lagos Demolition: Peter Obi Is A Foolish Stooge Who Can’t Live Good Life - Ekpa / Senator Victor Umeh Intervenes ,stops Lagos Demolition / SA To Delta State Governor On Community Matters Killed(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising by MightySparrow: 6:21am On Dec 17, 2023
I have read so much about this demolition thing. I don't really get it yet. Are Igbo houses targeted for demolition or houses built in wrong places or houses wrongly built.

The way and manners igbos go about it is deafening.
It is painful to lose any property one laboured to acquire. All the same, Nigerians are always cutting corners. They want to go against the laws.

Those living in Lagos or affected areas please educate us. Is Lagos government targeting Igbo people houses for demolition?

Re: Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2023
They continue building slum and we don't want it anymore. O to ge

Re: Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising by tollyboy5(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2023
Whitecoal711:
A debt
Igbos never forget
As a bonafide native of Epe when my uncle house and others were demolished at antikporome in badagry there was no noise during the fashola era. Mr igbo never forget, Yoruba don't tolerate nonsense!

Re: Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising by flokii: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2023
If LASG doesn't demolish all their illegal buildings today, tomorrow they'll start building houses on the main roads, blocking free flow of traffic.

I don't know how fo0lish some people can be.. a State with master plan for buildings yet you went ahead to acquire land illegally and be erecting illegal structures everywhere.. very lawless set of people.

Re: Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising by optionalY09: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
flokii:
If LASG doesn't demolish all their illegal buildings today, tomorrow they'll start building houses on the main roads, blocking free flow of traffic.

I don't know how fo0lish some people can be.. a State with master plan for buildings yet you went ahead to acquire land illegally and be erecting illegal structures everywhere.. very lawless set of people.

You are right, any house build illegally must be removed. I don’t care who built it. And as a matter of fact if i remove igbo property in some area of Lagos. Nothing anyone can do about it

Re: Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising by Faiththatworks(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
Let me say this loud and clear,Don't buy any land in Lagos State without a confirmation from the Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos State
I beg you in the name of whatever you serve,there is a master plan for Lagos State that shows which areas are mapped out for residential and commercial usage,which areas have been reserved for Social amenities such as Schools, police posts,Hospitals etc
Even if desire to buy from an Estate,still do your checks. The Lagos State government has started marking out another set of demolishment around the Lagos to Calabar corridor and also the Purple Rail line from Marina to Dangote Refinery

Please if you want to be sure,apply for a Land Information Certificate for your property from the Office of the Surveyor General of Lagos State
Engage a Registered Surveyor to handle your Land documentation please.
Kindly check my signature for property around the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub,good properties with good titles.
100% dry land

Re: Lagos Demolition And Igbo Community: Matters Arising by danvon(m): 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
You need to understand that Yorubas are one of the most sophisticated and educated tribe in Nigeria (atleast at the higher level) and this is more true in Lagos.

The way educated people oppress is very very different from how light minded people oppress, light minded people will make it super obvious they are oppressing you but sophisticated people act differently they can oppress you and you won't even know your being oppressed, you might even think they are kind to you.

Lagos state government will obviously not say they are demolishing Igbo properties (they are too smart for that) instead will claim they are demolishing illegal properties...

But 'illegal' fully depends on who is in power, alcohol can be illegal or legal depending on the decision by those in power.

In conclusion they are demolishing illegal properties but those properties have been in Lagos for atleast a decade why did they suddenly become illegal and why the swift urgency without much time to demolish it?

President Tinubu Suspends All Programmes By NSIPA Over Alleged N44B Fraud / Like Styrofoam Like Danfo . / "Mind Your Business" Rivers PDP Tells Akpabio.