Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Have Never Been Against Men Wearing Beards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Have Never Been Against Men Wearing Beards (106 Views)

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Have Never Been Against Men Wearing Beards by cocoduck: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
Jehovah's Witnesses Have never been against men wearing beards, it only depends on what part of the world you live, if you live in wester world, where waering of beards in the past was found as hippie culture, you wold not want to be seen as a hippie, but now wearring of beards is no longer seen as hippie, so if a man wears beard, he is not seen as a hippie. In Islamic countries, beard is seen as good, so if you live there, you are more than welcome to wear beards. Just make it clean, don't wear a tatered beard. Just do not do anything that makes you stand out. In the country were I live right now. the people here saw wearing of African fashion as casual clothing, largely because they do not have traditional wears in their culture, so even going to the Kingdom hall with Kaftan was frowned up on, because the culture of the people in this country (Gabon) stipulated at the time that traditional wears were for parties, weddings and other get together stuffs not for official events. I remeber my Kaftan I sewd in Nigeria that I took to Gabon, I wore it one sunday, and I stood out as a sore thumb , not even at the hall but on the street, the people were looking at me like they were looking at a ghost. So In their minds, they said, oh see this one dey go church with trad. I felt so bad, because I spent quite a bit on that cloth. Years later when they began watching Nollywood (in french) movies a lot, they began to identify with their favourite actors and actresses, began to dress like them, and in nollywood movies, they wear their trads to offices, the Gabonese too began wearing trads to offices. So mentality changed over time. People now wear trads like tomorrow does not exist, even Isi agu. Trads are no longer seen as casual wears. So in a nutshell, it depends of cultural makeup of a given area. There was never a specific law that says male Jehovah's Witnesses should not wear a beard. Haters are will find a way to try to paint JWs in a bad light, and we welcome it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Have Never Been Against Men Wearing Beards by Efna55: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
They've never been against it, but some people think it's a law amongst the witnesses, nice writeup..

(1) (Reply)

Your Response Is Needed / CHRISTMAS: Wiseman Daniel Reaches Out To The Less Privileged By Organizing Amazi / Open Letter To Christians In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.