Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini (11230 Views)

EURO2020: Mourinho Appreciated Chiellini's Foul On Saka / Chiellini Claims He Put A CURSE On Saka Before He Missed The Decisive Penalty / Chiellini: Ronaldo Was ROBBED Of Ballon D'or In 2018, Madrid Wanted To Stop Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by solbase10(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2023
Former Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has named Victor Osimhen as one of the toughest opponents he came up against during his active days.

Chiellini recently announced his retirement from the round leather game.

The 39-year-old enjoyed an illustrious career that saw him featured for top clubs in Serie A including Juventus, Fiorentina and Livorno.

The former centre-back featured in over 700 games in the Italian top-flight.

Chiellini came up against several top strikers during his career, and acknowledged Osimhen as one of his most difficult opponents.

“Which attacker bothered me more? Honestly, I marked Lautaro well, Osimhen a little worse. I was struggling more,”he was quoted by Tutto Napoli.

“I was at the end of my career with both of them; after the knee operation, I suffered from it and I couldn’t hold it any longer.”

Chiellini however offered tips on how to stop Osimhen.

“How do you stop Osimhen? You let him take the ball towards you, which isn’t dangerous,” he stated.

“Even if he turns, he doesn’t bother me and when he gets to the area I’m on top of him and don’t let him breathe. It’s difficult for the ball to enter the net on its own; they always score the goals; Osimhen scores them, not Zielinski in the third half. If Politano then scores from 30 meters I’ll tell him well done, but it doesn’t happen very often.”

Read Also:https://www.completesports.com/osimhen-one-of-my-toughest-opponents-juventus-legend-chiellini/#more

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by WiszyFraud: 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
undecided
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Taiwojon(m): 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
Give your life to Jesus

Tomorrow might be too late.
Jesus save

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by nkemoma(m): 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
Agba Baller

EdoState Amaka

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by myqel(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
From Olusosun Street to the world!!! Almighty God, pls take me from obscurity to limelight - Amen

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Higherthan: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
Thank you osimhen for flying high the Nigerian flag.

5 Likes

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Higherthan: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
nkemoma:
Agba Baller

EdoState Amaka
grin you sha like wahala cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by joebeckz(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
I am excited for the young man Osimhen.
You could literally tell that he is as young as he claims going by his looks while playing for the under 17. He was such a baby.
This means he has many more playing years to achieve greater feats.
However i pray he leaves his current club and go where he would be appreciated and recognised.

I watch sadly how the fans in Italy give more credit to Kwaraa.

Even his recent assist was much talked about by Africans, they won't know his worth until he leaves. And osimhen leaving Italy will take almost all of the black / African fans away.
I am sure we mostly watch Napoli and Italian league for the sake of osimhen. Personally i watch only Napoli games and sometimes Chukwueze.

Once he leaves, i dump those channels.

Best of luck lad

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Adebaba1(m): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
Normally osimhen no be small striker

1 Like

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by crossfm: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hehehe.

Who no like better thing grin.

The boy is good. A hustler and a good finisher.

1 Like

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by nkemoma(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2023
Higherthan:
grin you sha like wahala cheesy grin

But EdoState Amaka na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Omoluabi16(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2023
One of the best ever defenders just said this.
But a certain rivelino said osimhen wasn't world class and all that balderdash, and some people here agreed with that nonsense opinion.
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by ogaontop(m): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
Osimhen is class, but he needs a better club than Napoli!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by VaginaAcademic: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
Taiwojon:
Give your life to Jesus

Jesus save
the people that brought Jesus to Africa don't even worship him anymore
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by easyfem(m): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2023
my men
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by GanagiBitrus: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2023
A legend has spoken,
Unlike that nonentity Rivelin abi Riverine. smiley

1 Like

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
Yes, you should expect such from him. He's the African Best Footballer at the moment and also among the best 10 footballers in the world.
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Rebuker(m): 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
Starboy Osemhen!

"Go my boy! The boy from Olusosun", says Asisat Oshola:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziK5LVPB2Y
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by money121(m): 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Sucre6: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
Agba baller no doubt cool

1 Like

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Paparazzi109: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
That was y u told bonucci to break his eye socket abi. Turning to zoro
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by gbaskiboy: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2023
Osimhen is one the best player in Africa today. May he continues to succeed in his football career and beyond.
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Ikaeniyan0: 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
joebeckz:
I am excited for the young man Osimhen.
You could literally tell that he is as young as he claims going by his looks while playing for the under 17. He was such a baby.
This means he has many more playing years to achieve greater feats.
However i pray he leaves his current club and go where he would be appreciated and recognised.

I watch sadly how the fans in Italy give more credit to Kwaraa.

Even his recent assist was much talked about by Africans, they won't know his worth until he leaves. And osimhen leaving Italy will take almost all of the black / African fans away.
I am sure we mostly watch Napoli and Italian league for the sake of osimhen
. Personally i watch only Napoli games and sometimes Chukwueze.

Once he leaves, i dump those channels.

Best of luck lad
I only watch Napoli matches when Osimehin play.

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Chibuzoripob: 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
cool .Nice one .unlike that idiot that spewed nonsense last week.
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by thesicilian: 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2023
nkemoma:
Agba Baller

EdoState Amaka

Edo n'imose

1 Like

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by 89green: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Taiwojon:
Give your life to Jesus

Jesus save

You mean the same Jesus who gave his life to God, right. Jesus is free from all this negative information abeg

1 Like

Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by tellwisdom: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Grandpa, osimhem no de your level. 56 years old man and 28 na the same?
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by Godada(m): 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2023
tongue
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by blueghost(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
cheesy
dem no dey tell person, body go pepper you
Re: Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini by nerdjared: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2023
Paparazzi109:
That was y u told bonucci to break his eye socket abi. Turning to zoro

It was Milan skriniar not bonucci

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer / PSG Crash Out Of French Cup To Nice On Penalties / Oparanozie Excited To Play Against France At The World Cup (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.