Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) (996 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria / Ogun Lockdown: Abeokuta In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Ogene001: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
The town remain stagnant for 60 years. Nothing has changed after such a long period of time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Millimann: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2023
No change.

Just a house painted.

Still rusty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by kettykin: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2023
The only difference appears to be the oil patch on the road and the painted building on the right. This is a world record holding in remaining the same.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Felabrity: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
60 years of no changes

I no know who swear for this country, even Malaysia of yesterday don develop pass Nigeria

Continue the bigotry and shouting awa lokan , moomu people

*Spits and walk angrily out of the thread

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:
A street in Abeokuta 1969 vs now…
Not the entire Abeokuta

Meanwhile

Igbos in 1900s we’re still naked, no ancient buildings or cities other than the trees they sleep on like monkeys.

That’s why the don’t have any indigenous attires, they borrowed winter cap from the whites

No tribe has indigenous attire in Nigeria, it’s all borrowed.

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

No tribe has indigenous attire in Nigeria, it’s all borrowed.

Because you don’t have doesn’t mean you should say no one has

Aso Oke is indigenous to Yoruba

We also have Adire

3 Likes

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2023
Mindlog:

Igbo men today.

By the way post a one storey building built in Abeokuta before 1865 and how it looks now, so we can check "something". cheesy cheesy

"Go to Psquare's hometown in Ifite-dunu and see this building built in 1865, old building no mean say make una no maintain am....what are you spending your money on?"

Make sure you post pictures of the ones built by the indigenes,like that of the one in Psquare's hometown, not like the ones in Badagry and Ibadan built by the Oyibo Anglican missionaries for their religious activities. grin

All the properties in Nigeria are all Igbo owned, the rest are owned by government.

No single yoruba owns any property.

Are you fine now?

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

Because you don’t have doesn’t mean you should say no one has

Aso Oke is indigenous to Yoruba

We also have Adire

They are all remixed versions of Arab n Mali, Senegal wears.

What is used to weave Aso ke came from the British… So Aso ke can’t be Yoruba invention, secondly we Africans lacked the knowledge of spinining wool and making threads bf the Arabs and whites came.

Yorubas weaved the Asoke after coming in contact with foreign cultures.

We Africans were naked when the whites came.

Adore too, came After meetings western/foreign culture… It’s all remixed..

5 Likes

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

They are all remixed versions of Arab n Mali, Senegal wears.

What is used to weave Aso ke came from the British… So Aso ke can’t be Yoruba invention, secondly we Africans lacked the knowledge of spinining wool and making threads bf the Arabs and whites can..

We Africans were naked when the whites came.

You were naked when the whites came, don’t group us with you.

And can you prove that Aso oke is not indigenous to yoruba. Even the whites that like to take African glory did not dispute the fact that Aso oke is yoruba origin, but you akpu eater will tell us we took aso oke from the whites

Please prove it here

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

And can you prove that Aso oke is not indigenous to yoruba. Even the whites that like to take African glory did not dispute the fact that Aso oke is yoruba origin, but you akpu eater will tell us we took aso oke from the whites

Please prove it here

Please open your mind and learn…

We’re did the Yorubas get the cotton to spin threads?

Were did they get the knowledge of spinning threads.. Please show an ancient Yoruba spinning thread?

Where did they get the factories to manufacture the white afire material, that’s dyed?

Are Yorubas manufacturing dye.. If yes point me to a reliable source..

These are all foreign things….

Africans don’t know how to spin threads from cotton till this day…

I wonder how Yorubas made those clothes you mentioned bf the coming of foreign cultures.

3 Likes

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

Please open your mind and learn…

We’re did the Yorubas get the cotton to spin threads?

Were did they get the knowledge of spinning threads.. Please show an ancient Yoruba spinning thread?

Where did they get the factories to manufacture the white afire material, that’s dyed?

Are Yorubas manufacturing dye.. If yes point me to a reliable source..

These are all foreign things….

Africans don’t know how to spin threads from cotton till this day…

I wonder how Yorubas made those clothes you mentioned..

Your problem is that you are so inferior and stupid that you think Africans are very dumb people and couldn’t think for themselves.

So you think everyone is like you that was walking around naked in the bush.

Where did Yorubas get the knowledge to make farming tools

Do you know what they call Ogun? Yorubas have been smelting iron and steel since the beginning of mankind. So who taught Yoruba how to smelt iron?

Or who taught Yoruba how to make musical instruments like bata?

Aso oke has been in Yoruba culture long before colonization, so who taught them how to do it?

Yoruba is an advanced civilization. People don’t teach history because it’s embarrassing to the igbos, but before igbos knew anything called civilization, Yorubas were already forging empires. Your ancestors were still naked living like scavengers in the bush

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

Please prove it here

The Aso ke is no doubt a Yorubas thing inspired by foreign cultures.. Rimixed!

How did Yoruba make the white Adire material that is dyed?

How did they spin those tiny threads and turn them into full materials. Pls show me evidence.

The Yorubas buy the white materials from foreigners and dyed it to suit there taste or pattern..

Or they saw the Asoke as a cheaper option to western prints and stuck with it.
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Lovemeharder(f): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
shocked
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

Your problem is that you are so inferior and stupid that you think Africans are very dumb people and couldn’t think for themselves.

Do you know what they call Ogun? Yorubas have been smelting iron and steel since the beginning of mankind. So who taught Yoruba how to smelt iron?

Aso oke has been in Yoruba culture long before colonization, so who taught them how to do it?

Yoruba is an advanced civilization. People don’t teach history because it’s embarrassing to the igbos, but before igbos knew anything called civilization, Yorubas were already forging empires. Your ancestors were still naked living like scavengers in the bush

You know wise.

Do Yorubas manufacture dye?

Do Yorubas grow cotton?

Do Yorubas spin threads?

So, how will Yorubas make adire and Aso one on their own?

Simple logic..

Accept it and rest..

It’s impossible for Aso one to a a Yoruba thing bf they met foreign cultures.

Africans we’re naked.
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LooneyLester: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2023
Anambra that was massively bombed during the war is much better than this menace
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Goodday90(m): 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

You know wise.

Do Yorubas grow cotton?

Do Yorubas spin threads?

Simple logic..

Accept it and rest..

Africans we’re naked.

No mind Yoruba people,they can be so delusional at times

Temperature in Africa made people have no need for full clothings,many Sub Saharan Africa were scantily dressed,I hate how Yoruba people want to make us believe they wore cloths from time immemorial

If you asked a typical African cassava is African because it has been with us from time but the truth is most of these things were introduced by the Porgutese/British etc

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
Yoruba this Yoruba that

Una just dey obsessed

If dem create una thread now, una go dey shout say dem too dey talk about una

ABK no develop but na Ebuka the gala seller dey vex cheesy cheesy
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Mrfeel: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

Please prove it here
Shut up kid , yoruba indigenous attires were inspired by Indonesian foreign fabric that was introduced into west Africa by dutch traders and missionaries , just because the yoruba's came in contact with them first before the Igbos doesn't mean those fabrics originated from the yorubas , there are other ethnic groups in Cameroon, Ghana, Togo Senegal etc all over west Africa who have similar attires all inspired by foreign trader's and missionaries will you tell me they got it from the yoruba's?
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

You know wise.

Do Yorubas grow cotton?

Do Yorubas spin threads?

Simple logic..

Accept it and rest..

Africans we’re naked.

When it doesn’t favour your narrative, I can see the frustrations in your comment. So much agony.

Until you show up a source that says the origin of Aso oke. Show me how it came from the Europeans or Arabs. I am waiting
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

When it doesn’t favour your narrative, I can see the frustrations in your comment. So much agony.

Until you show up a source that says the origin of Aso oke. Show me how it came from the Europeans or Arabs. I am waiting

Nothing is wrong with knowing the truth..

Our parents lie a lot about our tribes and villages..

No believe anything they say..

No Nigerian tribe has 100% indigenous clothing..

2 Likes

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 4:05pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

Nothing is wrong with knowing the truth..

Our parents lie a lot about our tribes and villages..

No believe anything they say..

No Nigerian tribe has 100% indigenous clothing..

grin your hard attempt in trying to convince yourself in your self delusion and wanting me to accept your own version is hilarious.

You think we are fvking dumb or what? So you create your own version and want me to live in your psychotic world ? Lmao

Face reality bro, Yorubas weren’t naked when Europeans came and Aso Oke is indigenous to Yoruba. Bring up any article anywhere in the world that says otherwise
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

grin your hard attempt in trying to convince yourself in your self delusion and wanting me to accept your own version is hilarious.

You think we are fvking dumb or what? So you create your own version and want me to live in your psychotic world ? Lmao

Face reality bro, Yorubas weren’t naked when Europeans came and Aso Oke is indigenous to Yoruba. Bring up any article anywhere in the world that says otherwise

Where did the Yorubas get the cotton, thread, dye, machines, etc to make Aso oke and adire, bf the Arab/Portuguese came?

Aso oke, etc making came after the Yorubas meet foreigners…

With time they created their own style..

It’s PO simple for Yorubas to make the white material used for Aso oke at that time..

Pls show me evidence..

I don’t mean to talk down on your tribe, but correct you.

1 Like

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

Where did the Yorubas get the cotton, thread, dye, machines, etc to make Aso oke and adire, bf the Arab/Portuguese came?

It’s PO simple for Yorubas to make the white material used for Aso oke at that time..

Pls show me evidence..

I am only asking for one thing, bring at least one article that says that. Just one to confirm your point that foreigners brought Aso Oke to Yorubas
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by Omoawoke: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

Pls show me evidence..

Mr slave

See a Yoruba artifact, look at the precision, it’s made of bronze by Yoruba ancestors.
The whites came, saw it and were marveled.

But an idiot like you one to make believe that we were living like monkeys like you lived.

Same way someone said Africans were killing twins before the whites came. I replied and said please don’t group us with the people that were killing twins, Yorubas never killed twins but even regarded twins as deities and gifts from God. They called them Taiye and Kehinde and honored them

Even triplets were celebrated in Yoruba land, they gave them names according to the way they were born. And a child born after giving birth to twins is called Idowu.

Same way you want to group us with your nudity and uncivilzation in igbo land. Don’t tell me Africans were naked, just say your people were naked and scavengers. Yorubas weren’t naked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by LikeAking: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

Mr slave

See a Yoruba artifact, look at the precision, it’s made of bronze by Yoruba ancestors.
The whites came, saw it and were marveled.

But an idiot like you one to make believe that we were living like monkeys like you lived.

Same way someone said Africans were killing twins before the whites came. I replied and said please don’t group us with the people that were killing twins, Yorubas never killed twins but even regarded twins as deities and gifts from God. They called them Taiye and Kehinde and honored them

Even triplets were celebrated in Yoruba land, they gave them names according to the way they were born. And a child born after giving birth to twins is called Idowu.

Same way you want to group us with your nudity and uncivilzation in igbo land. Don’t tell me Africans were naked, just say your people were naked and scavengers. Yorubas weren’t naked

Please be wise ..

We are talking about clothes, u are bringing in bronze… How dem take relate?

U even brought in twins mata..

Na wa for you o..

U don’t have any point..

Stop chest beating…

Bronze making is very ancient in Africa, but clothing came with the white man..

Once agian I ask you: How do Yoruba people make dye?

How to Yoruba people spin cotton?

How do Yoruba people make the with fabrics used for Aso oke?

Show me a YouTube link or keep calm..

No tribe is perfect..

FYI : I have nothing against the Yorubas.
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by SSFeedsNigeria: 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lol, who is this guy lying so shamelessly? Which yorubas were smelting iron and steel? It's either you're a chronic liar or just ignorant. Yorubas know nothing about Iron smelting, it was Igbos from Awka that even taught Yorubas how to smelt iron.

History has it that Igbos in areas around present day Enugu built massive pyramids.
Igbos have the oldest known archeological finds. Go and read about Igbo ukwu artifacts. Nothing from yorubaland comes close.
Igbos developed writing system called Ndibidi. Yoruba had non and were complete illiterates until the whites arrived Lagos and Abeokuta.

I laugh at you people's ignorance in thinking that history began in the mid 19th century because that was when European missionaries arrived and established schools in your region.

Omoawoke:

Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by MMG01(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
LikeAking:

You know wise.

Do Yorubas grow cotton?

Do Yorubas spin threads?

Simple logic..

Accept it and rest..

Africans we’re naked.

You’re reasoning from your anus
Re: Abeokuta In 1969 Vs Now. (pics) by samwash(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
The only difference is the Toyota Corolla car.

(1) (Reply)

Finland Or Sweden / Uk,usa,canada Student Visa For May/june Or September 2010 Admissons Is Available / Why Is It That No One Think Of Going To Italy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.