Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? (151 Views)

I Don't Have Dual Nationality - Peter Obi / Yahaya Bello's Manifestoes Comes First In 12 Presidential Aspirants - Channels / Hauwa Atiku Uwais: Eliminate Ethnicity And Religion From Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by CandidAdmin(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
Nationality, Culture or Religion, which comes first?
In what order are they arranged?

When you were born...
Are you first a Nigerian and then a Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa and then a christian/muslim/traditional worshipper?

What do you think the right order is?

Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by seunmsg(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
What is your definition of Nationality?

Nigeria for example is a country and not a nation. The Igbo ethnic group for example is a distinct nation in Nigeria.

So, if your definition of Nationality is the Country, then this is my order:

Culture
Nationality

Religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by LikeAking: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
Nationality!
Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by lexylaw40: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
Humanity comes first and then family and tribe comes second. Nationality ordinarily means TRIBE.
So Nigeria is a country of many nations and deferent tongues unlike Europeans Arabs Chinese and Indians. Nigeria is a mixture of many nations
Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by CandidAdmin(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
seunmsg:

Nigeria for example is a country and not a nation. The Igbo ethnic group for example is a distinct nation in Nigeria.

Culture
Nationality

Religion.

Alright but why is culture first if I may ask

Your tribe doesn't legally give you any advantage in Nigeria.
Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by CandidAdmin(m): 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
lexylaw40:
Humanity comes first and then family and tribe comes second. Nationality ordinarily means TRIBE.
So Nigeria is a country of many nations and deferent tongues unlike Europeans Arabs Chinese and Indians. Nigeria is a mixture of many nations

Hmmmmmmm
Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by TooMuchStuff: 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
That order is meant for Southerners

The Northern Muslims ☪️ don't believe in Nigeria as a country but a conquered territory by Othman Danfodio for their exclusive pillaging and looting till everyone becomes a slave or Muslims.

They don't care if this would take 700yrs to achieve but one step at a time.....till Islam owns Nigeria totally
Islam Islam Islamic Republic...Northern Muslims
Nationality culture religion...Southerners and the rest of Middle belt Christians ✝️ and Animists
Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by SoNature(m): 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2023
Nationality doesn't exist in Nigeria.

One Nigeria na scam!
Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by seunmsg(m): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Alright but why is culture first if I may ask

Your tribe doesn't legally give you any advantage in Nigeria.

It is not about advantage but about who I am. I’m first a Yoruba man before identifying as a Nigerian. Nigeria can stop existing today and I will stop being a Nigerian. However, I can’t ever stop being a Yoruba man till death. That’s who I am. Religion is not a factor for me in anything. I’m okay with being a Yoruba man and a Nigerian in that order.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationality, Culture And Religion! Which Comes First? by Omoawoke: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
seunmsg:

Culture
Nationality

Religion.

I agree with you

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Godfathers And Godsons Struggles In Nigeria Politics / From Henceforth, Let No Wike Trouble Rivers State & Nigeria. By Osondu Nworu / Obaseki Pays 13-month Salaries, Pensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.