Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal (11359 Views)

3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap / Tinubu Hails Nigerian Governors Over Supreme Court Ruling On CBN Naira Swap / Why CBN Shouldn’t Extend Naira Swap Deadline – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Antoeni(m): 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
I Wish There Will Be True Sincerity of Purpose on the Part Our National Assembly, FG & CBN, Let Broke That Monopoly of Dollar $ Dependent

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by israelmao(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2023
There was nothing Buhari and his team didn't tell us then about this.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by pipnator00(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
That's a very sensitive area of Nigerian diplomacy with the West and China.
That was part of the big problems Jonathan had with the west (US and western Europe) and part of the reason they didn't support his reelection.
I pray he succeeds since Nigeria imports a lot from China but I know it will be very difficult!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Dottore: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
SoNature:
This is a good development. If we can achieve this, it will reduce the pressure on naira because most of the items we import come from China. Unfortunately, China even likes the USD more than yuan.
They only show preference to USD because of the strictness of their government in freezing accounts reported to have been used for any fraudulent transaction. They want to maintain the integrity of the currency at all cost.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Tsadu01(m): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
Good for Nigerian. I am tired of dollar slavery

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Glassysea(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Senator when no go school is talking, the Chinese currency exchange is and can never beat dollars, so I don't understand all this low level senators we have, any na Prof rigged elections for them
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Watcharena: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Is a good move if it will come to fruition,mos of our importants are coming from china ,so why do we need dollar to buy items from china

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Watcharena: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
Glassysea:
Senator when no go school is talking, the Chinese currency exchange is and can never beat dollars, so I don't understand all this low level senators we have, any na Prof rigged elections for them
Mr prof abi na ordinary graduate, most or our imports comes from china ,so why do we need us dollars to buy things from china

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by malton: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
Slaves looking for yet another master.

Instead of prioritizing productivity and exports for economic growth, these mentally lazy twerps are thinking of adding yet another burden.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Obae: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
Bring it on
Long overdue..
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by malton: 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
Watcharena:
Mr prof abi na ordinary graduate, most or our imports comes from china ,so why do we need us dollars to buy things from china

Should they even be focusing on imports in the first place? Why not chanel that energy into boosting local productivity for exports. This way, you also get to reduce unemployment, poverty, mental health issues, crime, and social unrest in one swoop.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by eliwa47(m): 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
It is long over due, Dollar yanga too much ,🤣
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by CooldipoMPS: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
We need a solution asap!
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Olumeme: 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
Will China accept Yuan as a means of International Payment? Because China themselves are looking for Yuan.

Instead of this people to find policies that will make supply of Dollar better, they are looking for how to dodge it.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Princeton92(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
SoNature:
This is a good development. If we can achieve this, it will reduce the pressure on naira because most of the items we import come from China. Unfortunately, China even likes the USD more than yuan.

False, not anymore!
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by scrupulousblog: 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
SoNature:

No, it's a win for Nigeria because it will reduce the demand for our USD. Nigérians who wish to buy from Chinese companies will now use their local currency.

In other words, we can use our USD for other things instead of buying from China.

The only challenge here is that China may not even accept it because exportation is a major foreign currency earner for all countries.

China also want their currency to be stronger than the dollar. They want to earn in USD so as to convert to their currency and this will help increase the value.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Alliswell248: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
rottennaija:

China likes USD more than yuan? You well so?

A lot of import comes from China. We can pay directly using Yuan....this would reduce the dependency on the usd
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Good
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by mrkia(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
They won't do this because they know it will greatly benefit the masses and anything that will free the masses from the shackles of poverty, our politicians won't do it. Because they make their money from impoverishing the citizens.

May God just help us
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by do4luv14(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
ManirBK:
Welcome develooment

Fish brains in the lower house
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by RepoMan007: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
While diversification has some merits, the weakening of Naira relative to dollar is no the due to lack of yuan.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Blakjewelry(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
SoNature:

No, it's a win for Nigeria the demand for our USD. Nigérians who wish to buy from Chinese companies will now use their local currency.

In other words, we can use our USD for things instead of buying from China.

The only challenge here is that China may not even accept it because exportation is a major foreign currency earner for all countries.
They accept it, if you have been buying from China you will know you have 2 options.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by rottennaija(m): 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Alliswell248:

A lot of import comes from China. We can pay directly using Yuan....this would reduce the dependency on the usd

I agree. I was responding to the western bootlicker that says Chinese love USD more than their own currency
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Calitoscassius(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
They are just kicking their cans down the road. grin it wouldn't change a damm thing!
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Calitoscassius(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
malton:
Slaves looking for yet another master.

Instead of prioritizing productivity and exports for economic growth, these mentally lazy twerps are thinking of adding yet another burden.
They are always on a race to the bottom, that is what happens when clueless goons are running a so called nation.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Calitoscassius(m): 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
do4luv14:

Fish brains in the lower house
grin grin grin grin this is what happens when more than half of Liegerians are ignorant dumbos! Every rubbish sounds like a "wellcome developements" to them.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by pansophist(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
This is good.

I see no reason why two countries that want to trade with each other will involve the US dollars. For what?

Currency swap, just like trade by barter, is the most natural form of trade, not exchanging to USD first, then doing business, then exchanging back to your national currency, and using SWIFT, all controlled by the US that is sanction hungry.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by do4luv14(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
Calitoscassius:
grin grin grin grin this is what happens when more than half of Liegerians are ignorant dumbos! Every rubbish sounds like a "wellcome developements" to them.

They are not well informed enough, Those people can even bought lies as truth
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by do4luv14(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
pansophist:
This is good.

I see no reason why two countries that want to trade with each other will involve the US dollars. For what?

Currency swap, just like trade by barter, is the most natural form of trade, not exchanging to USD first, then doing business, then exchanging back to your national currency, and using SWIFT, all controlled by the US that is sanction hungry.

Bros that thing had been happening Since, before the coming of APC, not today

what I don't understand, is what they are not saying
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by Calitoscassius(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
do4luv14:

They are not well informed enough, Those people can even bought lies as truth
As i said, %85 of Liegerians are uneducated.
Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by do4luv14(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Calitoscassius:
As i said, %85 of Liegerians are uneducated.

Worst is even 20% of the educated once are worst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To Revive Yuan/ Naira Swap Deal by nedekid: 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
integrity16:
Would the west allow that to happen ? Do they have the balls to do it?
The US will call oga at the top and dictate to him what they wish to see done. Don't forget they have a lot of kompromat on him. He will do as instructed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Never Seek Elective Office Again, Says Ibb / I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso / CCT Trial: Saraki Is Persecuted Not “Prosecuted”..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.