Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race (14260 Views)

Peter Obi Endorses Olumide Akpata For Edo Governorship Race / 2023 Presidency: “Lagos Is Clearly Going Peter Obi’s Way” – Jack Obinyan / After What I Saw Today, Peter Obi Should Not Border To Campaign In Edo - Obinyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by chisomkachy: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
The priest of the St. Francis Catholic Church, Benin City, Edo State, Rev. Fr. Andrew Obinyan on Monday declared interest to contest for the governorship election of the State.

The cleric made the declaration when he visited the secretariat of the Edo State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists in Benin City.

Meanwhile, it was learnt that he did not declare the party on which he would contest, noting that after many calls and pressure from well-meaning Edo people and Nigerians, he was ready to contest the election.

Obinyan said, “I received series of calls from well meaning Edo people and Nigerians across party lines beckoning on me to contest the forthcoming governorship election in our dear state.

“After very extensive consultation and consideration, I am please to inform you that I am giving Edo people and members of the movement an affirmative nod.

“And that means I have considered it, and I am very much available and ready to serve.

“As a priest, I am trained and equipped to serve and not to be served.,”
the Catholic priest added.

Also speaking, Sir Jude Aigbona
The leader of the Rev. Fr. Obinyan Movement, Sir Jude Aignona also note that after being governed by politicians and technocrats, Edo people should give the priest a chance to govern the state, adding that Rev. Fr. Obinyan is a tested and trusted servant.

He urged the youths in the state to embark on a mass movement for Obinyan and that with the Catholic Priest, the state would experience “a total turn around like a new creature.

“We intend to run a mass movement, a movement that will reshape Edo State; a movement that will give us a new hope in Edo State.

“Edo had seen it all. We have seen technocrats rule us, we have seen politicians rule us, so let’s us try a man of God. A man who is ready to serve us wholeheartedly so that Edo will be a new state; a new creature that other states will want to emulate.”

Another member of the movement, Basil Ogwu, said, “This movement cuts across all party lines. We didn’t just come up just to support him, but after much consultation, we discovered that he is credible. We have tried different kinds of people, but this time around, we want to give it to a religious leader.

https://premiumpolitics.com/edo-catholic-priest-obinyan-declares-interest-for-govship-race/?utm_source=punch&utm_medium=punch_backlink&amp=1

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by TANID(m): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
MRservice006:
Absolutely
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Lovemeharder(f): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Everybody wan chop the national cake. Wishing him well.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Kooldon(f): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
'' I have received series of phone rings from Edo and Nigerians"
I have never given this man a beep and na this way he wan tae start?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://premiumpolitics.com/edo-catholic-priest-obinyan-declares-interest-for-govship-race/?utm_source=punch&utm_medium=punch_backlink&amp=1

this one men of God dey enter politic, hopedem know say na like dining with devil sha? no saint o, ifu no lie u go bend TRUTH small grin
binu shey ri ko ni OBI_nyan for politics o
no wonder him rival DR Asue Ihodalo used DIVINE MANDATE..na real religious W*R but who go call DADDY?

5 Likes

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by bigdammyj: 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Noted.
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by FaceTanke: 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Priest or not

U are a Nigerian

🕺

8 Likes

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by yinkus6750(m): 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Reverend Father's and politics.
Wants to be like Venue governor.
Wish him best of luck.
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Ekenev2(m): 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Suddenly everyone wants to join politics.

1 Like

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by DiamondPant(f): 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
I wish him all the best.
I hope catholicism is strong in Edo as it is in Benue.
One of the reasons why Hyacinth Alia won his election convincingly is that since 1979, Moses Adasu (a Reverend Father) of blessed memory has remained the best governor that Benue State ever had. He was in office for just a year but he made his mark.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Beuberry(f): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Edo state likes pastors. Just like Ize-Iyamu
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by orohbirodeysmel: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
This one just dey play...he want catch cruise small. Edo resemble Benue where 70% of the people are catholics, for your eye grin grin

If you see 10th position, you try
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Cantonese: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Which of the party platforms please?
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by KingLennon(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
No man can serve two masters. He has to chose one. There's no way you become a politician in Nigeria and not do dirty things sad

1 Like

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by oluwaseyi0: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Who will be first lady when he win

2 Likes

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by wunmi590(m): 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2023

I think the Catholic church h should do something about this, they shouldn't be disguising under catholic and being using it as an avenue to contest for a position while still being a priest and using that to deviate from their original calling...

1 Like

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by bennybuhari: 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
The Benue man ahs shown our fathers the way
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by MisterBanny(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
He wants to Cash out now
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by mrvitalis(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ekenev2:
Suddenly everyone wants to join politics.
Why won't they... Have the people doing it not failed since 1999

4 Likes

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Harrynight(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lol

Edo no be Benue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by money121(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by DLuciano: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Who will be first lady when he win
Ask Benue Governor grin

2 Likes

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Funflipper: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
Let's go!! Without a doubt, Fr Obiyan will deliver the goods to the people of Edo state.

3 Likes

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by scrupulousblog: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
I LOVE THIS!!! The bible says when the righteous rule the people rejoices. It's time for our clergy men to take the bull by the horn and work the work.

1 Like

Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Blueace247(f): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
Who knows any good lawyer that can sue nairaland for me...they took my joy soap for three days
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Jorussia(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
I don't see him contesting under the 3 major parties in the state.
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by Geonigga(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
This is a welcome development atleast we are sure of a lesser evil
Re: Rev Fr Andrew Aigbe Obinyan Joins 2024 Edo Governorship Race by sunshineV(f): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2023
money making moves. na mumu dey believe in religion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention / Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. / Edo PDP Suspends Kassim Afegbua For Anti-Party Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.