Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? (22049 Views)

Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by FSU: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2007
ibis:

@ow11

you have spoken well grin

@ FSU

so your theory is that based on the number of property people from a particular tribe own in any state they do not indigenously belong to,
they now own that state and can lay claim to it as part of their fathers land?

please, igbo people, buy all the houses in ph if you like. it still does not make you a "son of the soil"

come and take port harcourt, we are waiting!

Small pikin,

You will wait forever. And as you do, even your father will sell his house to another Igbo man. Nobody needs to lay claim to anything. Every Nigerian can adopt any state he wants to. You are very myopic, for if I could become a European citizen, why should I not be a citizen of any state of my choice in Nigeria? It is either one Nigeria or no Nigeria. There is no sitting in the fence in this matter. Grow up.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ibis: 7:52pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ FSU

being a european citizen does not mean you now own europe and can come up with a silly claim that it is now an extension of your nativeland.

you say nobody should lay claim to anything, can you kindly go back and tell me what the original poster was trying to do. excuse me!
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by willy4: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Ibis&FSU.
Port Harcout is the capital of all River people. (Ijaw,Ikwere,Ogoni,Ibo,Adoni, Okirika,etc).
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2007
ibis:

@ FSU

being a european citizen does not mean you now own europe and can come up with a silly claim that it is now an extension of your nativeland.

you say nobody should lay claim to anything, can you kindly go back and tell me what the original poster was trying to do. excuse me!

their place is so inhospitable that is why they are all afflicted with 'sokugo'. No water, very dirty and they kill each other over tiny plots of earth!

FSU:

They must possess their possession. Abuja has fallen with 75 % owned by them. Lagos is owned by them 40 % and PH at least by 50 %. Go figure who and who own houses in PH and sorrounding small towns like Eleme and Obigbo. Either one Nigeria or nothing. QED.

how can buying a house mean that place in an extension of your village? so why is SE London not Nigeria ( or yorubaland) NONSENSE! angry

willy*2:

@Ibis&FSU.
Port Harcout is the capital of all River people. (Ijaw,Ikwere,Ogoni,Ibo,Adoni, Okirika,etc).

which LGA in RV state is indigenous to ibo people that are not new migrants?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by willy4: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2007
ow11:

Please Bruv, ask this question to Mr FRANCIS ELLAH OR PETER ODILLI.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by Akan(m): 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2007
Jesus Christ!! why do these ibos think they can lay claim to anything that has never and will never be theirs?
e bi like say we go raise another wall of jericho to stop ibos from trespassing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by willy4: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2007
Mr Akan, you dey always start, when others don finish. why?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by rdokoye: 3:24am On Oct 21, 2007
Akan:

Jesus Christ!! why do these ibos think they can lay claim to anything that has never and will never be theirs?
e bi like say we go raise another wall of jericho to stop ibos from trespassing

Please, how does one trespass by purchasing property in their own country?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by rdokoye: 3:25am On Oct 21, 2007
ibis:

@ow11

you have spoken well grin

@ FSU

so your theory is that based on the number of property people from a particular tribe own in any state they do not indigenously belong to,
they now own that state and can lay claim to it as part of their fathers land?

please, igbo people, buy all the houses in ph if you like. it still does not make you a "son of the soil"

come and take port harcourt, we are waiting!

Is Nigeria under siege? Because your comments make it seem so.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by rdokoye: 3:33am On Oct 21, 2007
ow11:

their place is so inhospitable that is why they are all afflicted with 'sokugo'. No water, very dirty and they kill each other over tiny plots of earth!

how can buying a house mean that place in an extension of your village? so why is SE London not Nigeria ( or yorubaland) NONSENSE! angry

I'm pretty sure the igbo's purchased those properties with their hard earned money. What's preventing others from doing the same?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2007
rdokoye:

I'm pretty sure the igbo's purchased those properties with their hard earned money. What's preventing others from doing the same?

at least u agree they are recent migrants,
why can't they migrate and stay quietly with their hosts rather than stir controversies by claiming the place is their village
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by rdokoye: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2007
ow11:

at least u agree they are recent migrants,
why can't they migrate and stay quietly with their hosts rather than stir controversies by claiming the place is their village

Ironically, Igbo people are characterised as being the most hospitable people in Nigeria. Can you give me some sort of evidence to support your claim that Igbo people are causing a fracas anywhere?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2007
rdokoye:

Ironically, Igbo people are characterised as being the most hospitable people in Nigeria. Can you give me some sort of evidence to support your claim that Igbo people are causing a fracas anywhere?

stirring controversies NOT fracas was written. read, digest and understand before posting dumb replies
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by na2day2(m): 8:20am On Nov 11, 2007
long story short, ph is not igbo land but the igbos did migrate to that area and other areas.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by rdokoye: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2007
ow11:

stirring controversies NOT fracas was written. read, digest and understand before posting dumb replies

What was the point of your post? Be quiet you little ape
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by willy4: 8:30am On Nov 12, 2007
rdokoye:

haaaaahaaaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy, an ape
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by romeo(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2007
hmmmmm and the past 3 governors are igbos!! why?
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by romeo(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2007
ow11:

The people are just homeless they go to the north ( they get killed), they go to Lagos and want be governor now they have come to portharcourt. Please what is wrong with Owerri, Aba, Afikpo,Enugu, NNewi,Orlu, Umuahia, Awka, Nsukka, Obolloafor the list goes on? Just live in a place quietly and stop stirring controversies with your hosts!

summary = NITWIT
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2007
@ romeo

OLODO !

romeo:

hmmmmm and the past 3 governors are igbos!! why?

doesn't mean the land belongs to a migrant! I am beginning to believe that people actually exist without brain cells or very thick cranium, that won't allow their grey matter receive information. I can explain how PH IS not an igboland but it would be a waste of time because there is NO BRAIN to process the information to be recieved, so the stupid remarks will NOT cease to flow

rdokoye:

The point was for you to read a post before typing trash but you have just proven yourself to be a P-L-O-N-K-E-R
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by romeo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2007
ow11:

@ romeo

OLODO !

doesn't mean the land belongs to a migrant! I am beginning to believe that people actually exist without brain cells or very thick cranium, that won't allow their grey matter receive information. I can explain how PH IS not an igboland but it would be a waste of time because there is NO BRAIN to process the information to be recieved, so the stupid remarks will NOT cease to flow

summary = stupidity in a monumental scale
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2007
romeo:

summary = stupidity in a monumental scale

ZOMG!!  AIR HEAD _________  CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

ow11:

@ romeo

, so the stupid remarks will NOT cease to flow

I think I have to treat myself for predicting right grin
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by FSU: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2007
Why does anyone bother with OW11 (real name Mr. Briggs) ? As you an see, he is an Ijaw, so not much is expected from him. He is not worth disturbing yourself over. PH is Igbo-owned (Ikwerres are Igbo, true and true) and will remain so. Ow11 can go jump into one of those creeks he is used to fishing from. Ewu PH.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by na2day2(m): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2007
u have just revealed ur poor knowledge of history.

FSU:

Why does anyone bother with OW11 (real name Mr. Briggs) ? As you an see, he is an Ijaw, so not much is expected from him. He is not worth disturbing yourself over. PH is Igbo-owned (Ikwerres are Igbo, true and true) and will remain so. Ow11 can go jump into one of those creeks he is used to fishing from. Ewu PH.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by romeo(m): 11:54am On Nov 13, 2007
ow11:

ZOMG!! AIR HEAD _________ CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

I think I have to treat myself for predicting right grin

hahahaha boy you know yourself very well, you predicted very well!! shallow minded slowpoke
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2007
romeo:

hahahaha boy you know yourself very well, you predicted very well!! shallow minded slowpoke

an ENCORE!!! this is just too much

How about a nice long visit to a shrink, it could do you some good. Have you bothered to know why ur initial question wasn't answered? ooops! He can't be bothered

WHY?

simple NO BRAIN!!!
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2007
FSU:

why are u obsessed with ma real name?

Like na2day? said ur knowledge about the history of PH is limited, hence ur ignorant outbursts. Please deal with issues concerning Owerri and Aba and leave PH alone!
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by londoner: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ Ow11, do you really think you can tell Nigerian citizens, where to live in Nigeria? You have more pressing issues to think about in PH than the Igbos my friend. You'll realise that as soon as you get your head out of your backside.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by ow11(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2007
londoner:

@ Ow11, do you really think you can tell Nigerian citizens, where to live in Nigeria? You have more pressing issues to think about in PH than the Igbos my friend. You'll realise that as soon as you get your head out of your backside.

Thats not the point of this thread.

The point is who owns the Land. Please everyone is welcome in PH. I wish the igbos will open more markets there since the Ijaws won't do it. PH can't survive without Igbos. they oil the city's wheels

The insult wasnt necessary, if u read the dialogue properly. which your astigmatism wouldn't let you do
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by londoner: 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2007
Well, then I offer my humble apology. I'm sorry, I guess I did just react.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by willy4: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2007
@Mr Ow11,
please can you tell me the tribe that originally own PH before it became the capital of River State.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by na2day2(m): 3:47am On Nov 14, 2007
the origianl owners arent igbos, igbos migrated to delta and rivers.

willy*2:

@Mr Ow11,
please can you tell me the tribe that originally own PH before it became the capital of River State.
Re: Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? by grafikdon: 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2007
This is pure comedy. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

8 Reasons Nigeria's Languages Will Never Stop Dying / 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos / Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.