Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

Who Goes To Heaven And Who Goes To Hell According To The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Goes To Heaven And Who Goes To Hell According To The Bible? (513 Views)

Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Goes To Heaven And Who Goes To Hell According To The Bible? by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2011
If a person truly wants to know where they are going to spend eternity it really is not  a very difficult thing to understand. The question is this. Do you TRULY want to know where you are going AFTER you die? Most people live their lives without ever taking the time to search out this whole matter for themselves. They may be very nice and decent people (according to their own standard of “good” or the World’s standard of “good”) and thus they are satisfied with themselves, and hope for the best after they die.

There is another whole group of people who fall under the title of ATHEIST, and they simply refuse to acknowledge that there is a “God” to whom they will answer, after they leave this world. Then there are the billions who have embraced a FALSE “god” and thus a FALSE religion and are following a path that they believe will lead them to Heaven, but in effect it will lead them to an eternal Hell! If you read or listen to the media you will get the impression that the majority of people are on their way to heaven, while the Bible actually tells us the complete opposite! In fact Jesus Christ, the Son of God sent down from Heaven declared the following:

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:13-14)

It was the Lord Jesus Christ himself who declared that the way that leads to DESTRUCTION (ultimately Hell) was a very BROAD (wide) road, while the way that leads to LIFE (eternal life) was a narrow way, and only a precious FEW will find it! Was Jesus Christ a LIAR or was he telling the TRUTH here? A person can play games with the scriptures if they like, but in the end they will realize (too late) that they were only kidding themselves. Every day of the week LIES are uttered over the remains of dead people (in the casket) at funerals, who never turned to the Lord for the salvation of their soul, and smooth sentimental stories are spoken to soothe the loved ones left behind.

Is this whole salvation thing serious business? You bet your life it is. You see when you study the Bible for yourself you will see a big difference between what Jesus Christ himself spoke, as well as what his own disciples spoke. They all preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ without watering it down or sugar coating it as many of the modern day preachers do regularly. I speak as a former Roman Catholic, having been DECEIVED for the first 36 years of my life, UNTIL the Lord saved my soul in 1989. The big difference is that I have been regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit, and I have been transferred INTO the Kingdom of God by the Grace and Mercy of Almighty God!

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: (Colossians 1:12-14)

I would now like to show you what the Bible has to say regarding this whole thing about salvation and Jesus Christ.

1] You Must Be Born Again

I do not care who you are, and I do not care where you live, and I do not care whether you are male or female, and I do not care what your lot in this life may be. The word for YOU today is that you must be born again! Not because I say so, BUT because God says so. There are billions of people in this very large world of ours who declare themselves to be “spiritual” or “religious” but they are still very lost and DEAD in their sins. If they were to die tonight they would be lost forever (not annihilated) but into everlasting punishment! Nicodemus was a Jewish religious ruler who did NOT understand his own need for the New Birth, and that is why Jesus explained it to him. (John 3:1-cool

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:1-3)

If a person is a TRUE Christian then they know that they have been born again of the Spirit themselves, and they will know that any person who desires to be inside the “spiritual Kingdom of God” must be born again also. It is amazing to me that you will even hear so called “Christians” mock the “born agains” as if they were some odd sect or something. Folks it is downright scary out there sometimes. If you are reading this right now and you have never been born again of the Spirit of God, then you are in a LOST spiritual condition right now also. Read on:

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (John 3:6-7)

You entered into this world by a physical birth (born of the flesh), BUT you can only enter into the Kingdom of God through a spiritual birth (born of the Spirit). You can memorize the whole Bible from cover to cover, and still not be a child of God, through the New Birth, and that is the God honest truth!

2] The Blood Of Jesus Christ Is Necessary To Atone For Your Sins

You were born in sin, and you will die in your sins unless you repent  and believe the good news about Jesus Christ. (Mark 1:15) If you have NEVER had your sins washed away by the BLOOD of Jesus Christ then you are still DEAD in your sins. There will be NO excuse for any person, or any group of people either. The Jewish people seem to think that they are somehow exempt from all of this, when they will actually be very accountable to the Lord. In fact the Gospel went to the Jew first according to the scriptures:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16)

The religious (and secular) Jewish people are still in rebellion to Almighty God  to this very day! They teach and believe that Jesus is a FALSE Messiah, and yet many so called “Christian Leaders” who are Christian Zionists continue to pamper them, and puff them up with pride declaring them to be the “Chosen people” of God! Read the New Testament (Covenant) and you will NEVER find the Jewish people being called the “Chosen” people, outside of a relationship with Jesus Christ. There is NO Jewish Tabernacle or Temple in which to offer up “blood sacrifices” to God, because the death of Jesus Christ satisfied the justice of God almost 2000 years ago! The Jewish people call Jesus a FALSE Messiah (among other things) BUT Jesus declared himself to be the Messiah and the Bible backs it up.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias (Messiah) cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. (John 4:24-26)

Right then and there the Lord revealed himself  as the Messiah, and he did so to a Gentile Samaritan woman who was shacking up with a guy, and had been married five times before that! It was not unusual for the Lord Jesus Christ to extol the FAITH of the Gentiles, against the UNBELIEF of the hard hearted Jewish religious people who stubbornly rejected him (and still do) as the Messiah! Here is an example where the Lord not only extolled the faith of a Gentile man, BUT he declared that there would be people from all over the world entering in while the unbeliving Jews would be cast out!

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 8:8-12)

All people (Jewish and Gentile) need to realize that it is only the BLOOD of Jesus Christ that can justify them on judgment day. The Jewish apostle Paul was converted himself from being a stubborn religious Jew to a believer in Jesus as the Messiah and he wrote the following:

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (Romans 5:6-9)

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. (Leviticus 17:11)

You may consider yourself to be a rather “good person” BUT in the sight of God you are seen as ungodly. God knows that and he wants YOU to know that, so that you will repent and believe the Gospel (good News) about Jesus Christ. (Mark 1:15, Luke 24:47) If you CHOOSE to disregard the scriptures and take your chances on Judgment day, then I truly feel sorry for you. It is sad to say, that most people CHOOSE to ignore, and even mock the Word of God (The Bible) to their own peril and destruction! The ATHEIST is regarded as being foolish in the Bible:

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. (Psalms 53:1)

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. (Proverbs 12:15)

Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words. (Proverbs 23:9)

3] Jesus Christ Is The Only Way To Heaven

This is where the rubber meets the road for those who declare themselves to be Christians. If a person does NOT believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven then they are NOT a Christian at all. I will repeat what I just said here. If a person does NOT believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, then they are NOT a Christian at all! Listen to what Jesus Christ himself declared:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Now listen to what the apostle Peter told the people of Israel and others almost two thousand years ago:

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:10-12)

Not only did Peter tell the religious people of Israel that they were responsible for killing Jesus Christ, but he told them that Jesus was the only way of salvation for them. Fast forward to this modern day where you read about this present age as being a mere parenthesis before the “church” gets airlifted into Heaven, and then God resumes his dealings with the Jewish people. I say to you today that this is nothing more than dispensational hogwash, and one of the greatest hoaxes ever to hit this earth.

This age is NOT a mere parenthesis but it is a time when God has been calling ALL people to repent and believe the Gospel, and that includes the Jewish people. We are living in a day where Christian churches are having “Night To Honor Israel” meetings where they are never warned that they are going to die in their sins without Christ. We are living in a day of  ”non-conversionary” meetings where the soul saving Gospel of Jesus Christ is witheld from the Jewish people! That is NOT the work of the Spirit but it IS the work of Satan himself, the one who absolutely abhors the soul saving message of the Gospel! After Jesus rose from the dead he told his followers to preach the Gospel throughout the world, beginning at Jerusalem:

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. (Luke 24:44-47)

You see the problem is this. Many people are still trying to live in the OLD Covenant where the PROMISES were given, instead of living in the NEW Covenant where the promises were FULFILLED! Jesus Christ is the FULFILLMENT of the Old Testament promises, and prophecies, and that is why he addressed his followers that way when he rose from the dead! If you declare Jesus to be a FALSE Messiah, as the Jewish people most certainly do, then there is absolutely no hope for you until you repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ! After Jesus rose from the dead, he told his followers that the believers would be SAVED, but the unbelievers would be DAMNED:

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:15-16)

We are living in a very dangerous time my friends, and the ecumenical compromisers (wolves) are moving in high gear. Mother Teresa was the poster girl of the Roman Catholic Church for many years when it came to her “good deeds” over there in the streets of Calcutta, India. The following was taken from an article entitled “Mother Teresa’s False Hope” by David Cloud

In the biography Mother Teresa: Her People and Her Work, she is quoted by Desmond Doig as follows: “If in coming face to face with God we accept Him in our lives, then we … become a better Hindu, a better Muslim, a better Catholic, a better whatever we are … What God is in your mind you must accept.”

The April 7-13, 1990, issue of Radio Times told the story of Mother Teresa sheltering an old Hindu priest. “She nursed him with her own hands and helped him to die reconciled with his own gods.”

When Mother Teresa died, her longtime friend and biographer Naveen Chawla said that he once asked her bluntly, “Do you convert?” She replied, “Of course I convert. I convert you to be a better Hindu or a better Muslim or a better Protestant. Once you’ve found God, it’s up to you to decide how to worship him” (“Mother Teresa Touched other Faiths,” Associated Press, Sept. 7, 1997).

In 1984 we discovered that Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity nuns in Nepal teach Hindus to trust in their own gods. In November of that year my wife and I conducted a taped interview with Sister Ann of the Missionaries of Charity in Kathmandu. She was working with aged Hindus who lived in a temple area in the city and were waiting to die by Nepal’s “holiest” river, believing that they would gain spiritual benefits for doing so.

I asked, “Do you believe if the Hindus die believing in Shiva or Ram they will go to heaven.”

Ann replied: “Yes, that is their faith. My own faith will lead me to my God, no? So if they have believed in their god very strongly, if they have faith, surely they will be saved.”

I asked, “You do not believe they are lost, right?”

Ann replied: “No, they are not lost. They are saved according to their faith. If they believe whatever they believe that is their salvation.”

There are so many people who have exalted the “faith” of Mother Teresa but we can see very clearly that Mother Teresa did  not present the Gospel to people simply because she did not KNOW the Gospel of Jesus Christ herself! The Muslims do not believe that God even has a Son so why would a Christian desire to make a Muslim a “better Muslim”? The Hindus worship millions of false “gods” so why would a Christian desire to make a Hindu a “better Hindu”? Those people were all on their way to Hell without Jesus Christ according to the scriptures (The Bible), BUT they were led to believe that they were just fine!

All of those people needed a conversion just as the Jewish apostle Paul (formerly Saul) needed to be converted to Jesus Christ! (Acts 9:1-31) The Jewish person must convert to Jesus Christ, the Muslim must convert to Jesus Christ, the Hindu must convert to Jesus Christ or they will never see Heaven! All people (including so called atheists), must convert to Jesus Christ or they will never see Heaven! Remember to put your faith in Jesus Christ if you desire to spend eternity in Heaven. The Lord will NOT turn YOU away if YOU call upon him for salvation! It is all by simple FAITH! Do not live by YOUR own feelings, because they will change!

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be SAVED. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto SALVATION. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek (Gentile): for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be SAVED,  (Romans 10:9-13)

Well that is where I will conclude this article. So who goes to Heaven and who goes to hell according to the Bible (scriptures)? The believers in Jesus Christ (and they alone) go to Heaven, while those who reject Jesus Christ (unbelievers) go to an eternal Hell! Thanks for taking the time to read this article.

Original Article
Re: Who Goes To Heaven And Who Goes To Hell According To The Bible? by Kay17: 12:22am On Nov 02, 2011
@frosbel

How do you expect someone to cut off deepseated cultural ties to his religion? A religion that already defines himself and "meaning."

The same goes to you. You have not provided one single reason why a man who is capable of spitting lies, claim that he died and resurrected (which is impossible). Its not an everyday affair to wholeheartedly accept extraordinary stories like a man who was born, died for you. And why a book contains all the ultimate truths in the world?
Re: Who Goes To Heaven And Who Goes To Hell According To The Bible? by chowbaby: 12:56am On Nov 02, 2011
@frosbel are you going to heaven?

(1) (Reply)

Encouter With Destiny / The Power Of Love / "bricks"the Principle Of Babylon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.