Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User (231 Views)

How To Get Financial Help From Philanthropists Based In Nigeria And Abroad / Can You Get Help From A Free Online People Search? / A Cry For Help From A Friend Seeking Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
I sell a digital product online and I am pretty new to paypal. A customer created a dispute on my paypal account and so the money the customer payed was placed on hold till the 25th of this month. I have logged into paypal and responded to the customer by asking him/her to tell me the exact issue he/she is having with the product so it can be resolved, this was more than a week ago, up till this time the customer has not made any reply to my respond (paypal dispute status is still reading "waiting for customer response").

The money is still on hold and it is just 3 days to the deadline. I just would like to know if the issue will likely go to my favor since I have responded to the dispute and the buyer did not reply to my response.

Please any experienced paypal user here to help me out. Thanks
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
am I asking for help on the wrong section or is there nobody knowledgeable enough to help.
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by LogicallySXT(m): 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dewze:
am I asking for help on the wrong section or is there nobody knowledgeable enough to help.

I just came online now and just seeing dis
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by LogicallySXT(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dewze:
I sell a digital product online and I am pretty new to paypal. A customer created a dispute on my paypal account and so the money the customer payed was placed on hold till the 25th of this month. I have logged into paypal and responded to the customer by asking him/her to tell me the exact issue he/she is having with the product so it can be resolved, this was more than a week ago, up till this time the customer has not made any reply to my respond (paypal dispute status is still reading "waiting for customer response"wink.

The money is still on hold and it is just 3 days to the deadline. I just would like to know if the issue will likely go to my favor since I have responded to the dispute and the buyer did not reply to my response.

This case would likely not go in your favour. The customer knows what he is doing cos PayPal might likely refund the money back to him after the deadline
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by LogicallySXT(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dewze:

Did he send it through FnF or GnS?
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by TripleLTD: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dewze:
I sell a digital product online and I am pretty new to paypal. A customer created a dispute on my paypal account and so the money the customer payed was placed on hold till the 25th of this month. I have logged into paypal and responded to the customer by asking him/her to tell me the exact issue he/she is having with the product so it can be resolved, this was more than a week ago, up till this time the customer has not made any reply to my respond (paypal dispute status is still reading "waiting for customer response"wink.

First of all
There is something we call Dispute and after the buyer open dispute
After some few days he can actually filed for claim
And once it is inside claim and you have some Proofs to back up your transaction
And the buyer didn't response.
It would be in your favor
But if he respond and provided more details
You are also require to provide details to counter his claim
But at the end
Na who get evidence dey win PayPal dispute.
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
TripleLTD:
First of all
And once it is inside claim and you have some Proofs to back up your transaction
But at the end

Thank you for the response sir.

Is there a way for me the seller to know when the buyer escalates from dispute to claim? So far, it is showing that it is still in dispute stage, or maybe I just don’t know it’s been escalated.

Though I must point out that PayPal has not asked me to show any proof so far, it just asked me to discuss with the buyer to resolve the issue. The buyer has just refused to reply me and has also not closed the case on his end. Can PayPal look at his refusal to respond as a proof that he has no case?
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
LogicallySXT:

Did he send it through FnF or GnS?

Please, what are the meanings of the terms FnF or GnS?
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Zidoh(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2023
TripleLTD:
First of all
But at the end
This poster have said it all..... At this if you have anyways to submit some of your proof please do but if you don't have just be praying everything goes in your favour .
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by TripleLTD: 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dewze:

Thank you for the response sir.

Is there a way for me the seller to know when the buyer escalates from dispute to claim? So far, it is showing that it is still in dispute stage, or maybe I just don’t know it’s been escalated.

Though I must point out that PayPal has not asked me to show any proof so far, it just asked me to discuss with the buyer to resolve the issue. The buyer has just refused to reply me and has also not closed the case on his end. Can PayPal look at his refusal to respond as a proof that he has no case?
First of all
Pray if it is in dispute without him escalating to claim

It should remain like that for the rest of the few days remaining
And once it reaches that and you did actually provide proof
It would be decided in your favor

But if it has been escalate to claim
Baba just drop proofs and pray everything goes according to plan and you may win the dispute
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by TripleLTD: 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dewze:

Gns = Goods and services option
Fnf= Family and Friend
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
TripleLTD:
First of all
Pray if it is in dispute without him escalating to claim

It should remain like that for the rest of the few days remaining
And once it reaches that and you did actually provide proof
It would be decided in your favor

But if it has been escalate to claim
Baba just drop proofs and pray everything goes according to plan and you may win the dispute

If so. I will have to keep fingers crossed and hope he does not escalate. Though I have proof of my product but I will rather not deal with PayPal wahala.

Thanks so much for your help sir.
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
TripleLTD:
Gns = Goods and services option
Fnf= Family and Friend

I really don’t no which one he used
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by TripleLTD: 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dewze:

I really don’t no which one he used
He use GNS
Fnf charge back isn't done that way
It's hard to win case with fnf but it happen sometimes

1 Like

Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
TripleLTD:
He use GNS
Fnf charge back isn't done that way
It's hard to win case with fnf but it happen sometimes

Thanks for the clarification. Taking notes.
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Akposkiz: 11:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
Pls is paypal still working in nigerla?
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by LogicallySXT(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2023
Dewze:

FnF means Family and Friends

While

GnS means Goods and Services

FnF is the best way to send without any much issues but i guessed he send it using GnS and dats one reason why he could request a refund.
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2023
LogicallySXT:

FnF means Family and Friends

While

GnS means Goods and Services

FnF is the best way to send without any much issues but i guessed he send it using GnS and dats one reason why he could request a refund.

Thanks
Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Dewze(m): 9:19am On Dec 26, 2023
TripleLTD, LogicallySXT, Zidoh,

Thank you guys for the help and responses.

The case was eventually closed by paypal yesterday and I realized that the money was not given back to the buyer. Really happy about that cause having issues like that this early on paypal would have been really bad for my credit with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help From An Experienced Paypal User by Zidoh(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2023
Dewze:
TripleLTD, LogicallySXT, Zidoh,

Thank you guys for the help and responses.

The case was eventually closed by paypal yesterday and I realized that the money was not given back to the buyer. Really happy about that cause having issues like that this early on paypal would have been really bad for my credit with them.
Congrats 🎉 you're really lucky.

(1) (Reply)

Make 10k Daily With This Method / CBN Proposes $10,000/year Limit On Foreign School Fees Via Bdcs / Ravybuck Review: Earn Money By Helping Solve Captchas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.