Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport (1153 Views)

How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps / How Did You Get Your International Passport? / Truck Driver Crushes His Conductor Dead By Mistake In Delta(graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport by Nataba: 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
I went for my capturing on September 27.

And after waiting till last Monday (December 18), I decided to contact one of their officers to find out why it took that long, and lo and behold, he showed me my passport.

It has been printed since November 18 (that's approximately 6 weeks after my capturing). However, I couldn't collect it because I was told that there's an error on it, which will be corrected immediately after the yuletide.

Will go back there first week in January to pick up my passport.

This is my advise for anyone who intends to apply or just applied.

Don't rely on the online tracker.

Go to the passport office 6 weeks after your capturing.

There's high chances that your passport has been produced.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport by SharingIsLife(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
The way almost everything seems to go wrong with governmental bodies in Nigeria needs to be studied. Why is the online tracker not working? That's how I did my national ID and was given particulars with which to monitor it. Until now, I'm yet to get the permanent card.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport by Nataba: 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2023
SharingIsLife:
The way almost everything seems to go wrong with governmental bodies in Nigeria needs to be studied. Why is the online tracker not working? That's how I did my national ID and was given particulars with which to monitor it. Until now, I'm yet to get the permanent card.

You're absolutely right.

I've enrolled for my National ID for almost a decade, and I still don't have the permanent card till today.
Re: Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport by Ulunne777(f): 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2023
Nataba:

And after waiting till last Monday (December 18), I decided to contact one of their officers to find out why it took that long, and lo and behold, he showed me my passport.

It has been printed since November 18 (that's approximately 6 weeks after my capturing). However, I couldn't collect it because I was told that there's an error on it, which will be corrected immediately after the yuletide.

That error they observed will however become an endless journey for you.
It's called QC code issue and mine which was produced in 4 weeks took 8 mths to correct the error.

If you collect it the day they told you to come,pls quote me.

Go and start fasting now.i wish you speedy correction though.
Re: Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport by Nataba: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2023
Nataba:

Update!!! I just confirmed now that the issue has been resolved.

I'm going there first week of January to collect it.
Re: Please Don't Make This Mistake If You Just Apply For Your International Passport by Nataba: 1:21pm On Jan 15
Nataba:

Update!!! I just confirmed now that the issue has been resolved.

I'm going there first week of January to collect it.

Finally, I've been able to collect my passport today!!!

Thank you everyone!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Youth Conferences / Cyprus, anyone? / Moving To Houston, Help Me Out Plzz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.