Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. (970 Views)

Why Terrorists Couldn’t Have Stolen N82m, $36,000 Cash From Kuje Prison / Several Escaped Inmates From Kuje Prison Attack Recaptured (Photos) / Obadiah Mailafia Is Dead: Former CBN Deputy Governor Dies In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by vanbonattel: 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2023
Pussycokie45:

Where was your razor blade scattered face when Buhari was giving the order?

Is it because Emir is ruling you in far away ilorin?

Why did you not say jack shit ?

When Buhari sent jeeps worth 52million each to Niger where was your Ewedu father then ?

When he built railway to Niger where was your shombo Mama?

When he said if Niger disturb him he will go to Nigeria shikena where was your ronu gandpapa ?

Where is Nigeria Air?

Where is the man in charge of Nigeria air , your Ewedu father is still on the mandate?

grin grin grin

Savagery

1 Like

Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by tunde1200(m): 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2023
Pussycokie45:

Where was your razor blade scattered face when Buhari was giving the order?

Is it because Emir is ruling you in far away ilorin?

Why did you not say jack shit ?

When Buhari sent jeeps worth 52million each to Niger where was your Ewedu father then ?

When he built railway to Nigeria where was your shombo Mama?

When he said if Niger disturb him he will go to Niger shikena where was your ronu gandpapa ?

Where is Nigeria Air?

Where is the man in charge of Nigeria air , your Ewedu father is still on the mandate?
I can't go further with you because you have no regards for your parent.
Insulting someone parent shows you no single respect for yours.
👋
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Goodvibes007: 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2023
I just dey report dey go. Some people can't post without tribal insult and all sort of garbage.
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by vanbonattel: 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2023
opamoses1:

President vs Vice president. Same Buhari bundled Umaru Dikko in a diplomatic bag like a common criminal.

Stop dodging my question, when Ekwueme was jailed for 300 years, how many years was his boss Shagari jailed for? House arrest.

Be ashamed of your double standards for once.

He bundled umaru dikko, did unary dukko arrive Nigeria in the bundle. Your head was used for propaganda news not mine.
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Goodvibes007: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2023
tunde1200:

👋
I reported his post. You can do same.
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by opamoses1: 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
vanbonattel:

Stop dodging my question, when Ekwueme was jailed for 300 years, how many years was his boss Shagari jailed for? House arrest.

Be ashamed of your double standards for once.

He bundled umaru dikko, did unary dukko arrive Nigeria in the bundle. Your head was used for propaganda news not mine.
You see tribalism everywhere because you are likely one.

Governor Abba Musa Rimi, his fellow Fulani from Katsina, was jailed as well.

You keep bringing up Ekwueme as if he was the only one jailed by Buhari in the 1980s. Several SS and SW politicians were jailed during his anti corruption crusade too. If you think a Nigerian president either GEJ or Shagari would be jailed, them you are living in lala land.
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Buharidgeneral: 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
Masterstroke4:

Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility.

Former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, has been released from the Kuje Correctional Centre in Abuja after meeting his bail conditions.

The development was confirmed on Saturday by Adamu Duza, spokesperson for the correctional facility, stating that Emefiele was released on Friday, December 22.

Emefiele, who served as CBN chief from 2014 to 2023, was arrested in June by the Department of State Services (DSS), the day after he was suspended as CBN governor by President Bola Tinubu.

He has since remained in custody and was later arraigned on a 20-count charge of procurement fraud.

The charges were later reduced to one, accusing him of awarding a contract for the purchase of 43 vehicles worth N1.2 billion to a female employee of CBN and her company.

Emefiele was also charged alongside Sa’adatu Yaro, a female employee of CBN, and her company, April 1616 Investment.

Following his plea of “not guilty,” Emefiele was remanded in the Kuje correctional facility in November pending a ruling on his bail application.

On Wednesday, November 22, a federal capital territory high court granted him bail in the sum of N300 million, with strict conditions including two sureties with property within the Maitama district of Abuja.

Emefiele’s release comes amidst ongoing investigations into his tenure at the CBN, where he was accused of operating 593 bank accounts in the United States, the United Kingdom, and China, where Nigerian funds were allegedly kept without authorization by the CBN’s Board and Investment Committee.

According to a report by Jim Obazee, a special investigator appointed by the president, billions of naira were allegedly stolen from the CBN’s accounts by Emefiele and other officials, including a “fraudulent cash withdrawal of $6.23 million” just before the 2023 elections.

“The former governor of CBN, Godwin Emefiele, invested Nigeria’s money without authorization in 593 foreign bank accounts in the United States, China and the United Kingdom while he was in charge,” the report said.

“All the accounts where the billions were lodged have all been traced by the investigator.”

The investigation report stated that in the United Kingdom, 543.4 million pounds were kept by Emefiele in fixed deposit accounts, noting that Emefiele manipulated the Naira exchange rate and committed fraud in the CBN’s e-Naira project.

It also disclosed the embezzlement of $6.23 million from the Central Bank of Nigeria’s vault between February 7 and 8, just two weeks before the presidential and National Assembly elections.

The funds were reportedly released under the pretext of presidential approval for payments to foreign election observers.
Facility or prison
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by vanbonattel: 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2023
opamoses1:

You see tribalism everywhere because you are likely one.

Governor Abba Musa Rimi was jailed, you keep bringing up Ekwueme as if he was the only one jailed by Buhari. Several SS and SW politicians were jailed during his anti corruption crusade too. If you think a Nigerian president either GEJ or Shagari would be jailed, them you are living in lala land.

I am happy your starting to come to your senses. That when a fulani is involved, nobody will probe him. Matawalle nko? cheesy
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by opamoses1: 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2023
vanbonattel:

I am happy your starting to come your senses. That when a fulani is involved, nobody will probe him. Matawalle nko? cheesy
GOVERNOR ABBA MUSA RIMI, a Fulani man from Katsina, was jailed in 1985 by Buhari as well. You are just wired to believe everyone is after the Ibo due to victim mentality.

Another Fulani man that was jailed by Buhari in the 1980s was GOVERNOR AWAAL MUHAMMED IBRAHIM.
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Pussycokie45: 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2023
tunde1200:

👋

Shatap

Parents respecter

Is obj not Omo ibo ?

1 Like

Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by vanbonattel: 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2023
opamoses1:

GOVERNOR ABBA MUSA RIMI, a Fulani man from Katsina, was jailed in 1985 by Buhari as well. You are just wired to believe everyone is after the Ibo due to victim mentality.

Same day he jailed Jim Nwobodo, Sam Mbakwe and Ajasin. That was a general blanket jailing. I am talking about president and vice. Hide ya face.
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Enugurangers: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2023
vanbonattel:

Same day he jailed Jim Nwobodo, Sam Mbakwe and Ajasin. That was a general blanket jailing. I am talking about president and vice. Hide ya face.
GOVERNOR SABO BAKIN ZUWO another Fulani was jailed.

$56,000 in cash was found with Ekwueme. He could not tell about how he came about with the money.

Tribalist rest
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by vanbonattel: 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2023
Enugurangers:

GOVERNOR SABO BAKIN ZUWO another Fulani was jailed.

$56,000 in cash was found with Ekwueme. He could not tell about how he came about with the money.

Tribalist rest
Blanket jailing, buharri cannot jail a fulani man if he commits a crime.

Hell Ruffai nko? cheesy

Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Enugurangers: 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2023
vanbonattel:

Blanket jailing, buharri cannot jail a fulani man if he commits a crime.

Hell ruffling nko? cheesy
So all those that were listed above are Igbos..smh

What has your attached picture got to do with anything. Confused much?
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Pussycokie45: 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2023
Goodvibes007:

I reported his post. You can do same.

Shatap
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Ezmans: 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lastmankc:
This guy and buhari should be executed
please what is causing cash scarcity under tinubu, 400 for 10,000 on my area today
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Wutinky: 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2023
Lastmankc:
This guy and buhari should be executed

Go and hang him, how many Fulanis your master have you hanged? Haadslamner

1 Like

Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Wutinky: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2023
tunde1200:
Useless man who put a whole nation in jeopardy.
May your generation suffer this same pain you inflict on us all.

If he’s Fulani your master you will never make this comment, your people will pay for this atrocities one day, Nigeria won’t last forever, I can assure you that
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Wutinky: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2023
Pussycokie45:

Shatap

Drink Ewedu and purge in ogbomosho

No amount of Ewedu will them sleep tonight 🤣😄
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Wutinky: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2023
tunde1200:

Because his from your tribe you can't see anything bad in him I know.
You will share from the pains he inflicts on us in Nigeria Amin

Look at this liar from the pit of hell, stop victim card . Stale 🤷‍♂️
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Wutinky: 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2023
vanbonattel:

He has started dodging behind insults and swearing on anyone who tells him the truth.

Why couldn't Emefiele boss sack him like Jonathan did to Sanusi?

😃🤣
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by Wutinky: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2023
tunde1200:

👋

Dude take a cup of water and rest, you are confuse.
Re: Former CBN Governor Emefiele Freed From Kuje Facility. by gbowoade85142: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2023
He has started dodging behind insults and swearing on anyone who tells him the truth. Why couldn't Emefiele boss sack him like Jonathan did to Sanusi?He has started dodging behind insults and swearing on anyone who tells him the truth. Why couldn't Emefiele boss sack him like Jonathan did to Sanusi?...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Private Vehicle Does Not Require Roadworthiness Certificate – President, Court O / Iwu, The Face Of A Fraud! / Supreme Court Clears Atiku For Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.