Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? (2437 Views)

Infinix Zero 5G: Infinix Releases Its First 5G Phone Into Nigerian Market / A Nigerian Man Rejects 5G Phone Worth N370K / Would You Buy This Nokia Phone for N140,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by deviceteck: 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2023
As a Youtuber who makes Phone review content, I often get negative comments about itel phones. Over the years, Itel has been known to manufacture laggy, overheating and slow-running phones.

A lot has changed lately and the launch of its first 5G device, itel P55 5G, is just one of the huge improvements they have made lately. Here is a breakdown of the specs.

Itel P55 5G Specs

Price: N140,000
Network: 5G
Processor: MediaTek dimensity 6080 6nm
Storage: 126GB internal storage, 12GB extended RAM
Features: Aivana AI assistant, Android 13, 50MP camera and 90Hz screen refresh rate.

Itel P55 5G Unboxing And Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50b8fwVW0-I

Let's be honest here, these specs are not exactly great for a 5G device. For example, the display is an IPS panel of 720x1612px resolution, a lower display resolution. However, considering that this is the cheapest 5G phone of 2023, cutting-edge cannot be entirely avoided.

Cut long story short, should you buy the Itel P55 5G? Honestly, I see no reason why you shouldn't if you do not have the budget for a more expensive one.

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Helgreenluv(m): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2023
Itel phones suck. I recently used an itel phone and my experience was terrible. I swore never to use an itel phone again. Please guys don't waste your money in buying this rubbish. Run from itel phones. If you are looking for a low budget phone, Infinix and techno are far better than itel

7 Likes

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by falcon01: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2023
Eeww wtf! Itel?? God forbid. ITEL is the worst Smartphone brand I've ever known in my life, No Itel is worth 30k

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Loveandlove: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2023
[.]
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by oneda(m): 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2023
The bad taste Transion devices left in my mouth since the days of Tecno M and L series still persists.
I avoid anything Tecno, Infinix not to even mention itel.
Samsung or Xiaomi since I'm not a fan of iPhones

2 Likes

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by westlius(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
Even olamide there brand ambassador uses iPhone
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by lathrowinger: 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2023
Itel phones are good, used it before, using it now and I will continue using it.

Itel to the World

2 Likes

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by flokii: 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2023
I can buy it and dash it out but I can't use it.
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by seunlayi(m): 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2023
Helgreenluv:
Itel phones suck. I recently used an itel phone and my experience was terrible. I swore never to use an itel phone again. Please guys don't waste your money in buying this rubbish. Run from itel phones. If you are looking for a low budget phone, Infinix and techno are far better than itel
Guys, itel have has moved. Their phones of 2023 are selling well in the market. I bought p40 and I didnt regret buying it. Despite just getting additional 2 pixels phones, I still can't let go of the itel. They've actually improved and am sure but this time of next year, you won't doubt the brand.
Itel P40 (around 50k) performed better than some redmi phones of higher price..... Battery, multitasking, performance,etc

3 Likes

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Gadafii: 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2023
Gramophone better pass itel
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by seunlayi(m): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2023
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Error401: 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2023
I denounced itel that year that my principal told me to help her do some settings, the phone took about 30 minutes to switch on. She told me thats how she bought it. Then I remembered my Tecno WX3 pro of thesame specs and price. The phone was perfect. I had to gift it to my cousin

Helgreenluv:
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Helgreenluv(m): 12:51am On Dec 24, 2023
seunlayi:

Guys, itel have has moved. Their phones of 2023 are selling well in the market. I bought p40 and I didnt regret buying it. Despite just getting additional 2 pixels phones, I still can't let go of the itel. They've actually improved and am sure but this time of next year, you won't doubt the brand.
Itel P40 (around 50k) performed better than some redmi phones of higher price..... Battery, multitasking, performance,etc
The one I'm complaining about is the same itel P40. Aside the big battery, there's nothing good about the phone. It has a poor network reception, camera is terrible, so many apps don't function well on the itel P40. The itel P40 never sold for around 50k. The cheapest it sold for from the date of it's availability in the market was 68k. That phone is completely useless. Other people who bought the same itel P40 had the same complain. I guess you work it itel that's why you are hyping the itel P40. Asides the 6000mah battery, there's nothing good about that useless phone.
Guys, the itel P40 is nothing but a useless phone. Do not be mislead

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Chispa: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2023
even if na 8G, I won't buy it more than 10k,nonsense.
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by orohbirodeysmel: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2023
Helgreenluv:

Infinix, Xiamo(Redmi Series) Techno, Oppo..

Even Vivo better pass Itel...Itel and Huawei are the worst
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by seunlayi(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2023
Helgreenluv:

The one I'm complaining about is the same itel P40. Aside the big battery, there's nothing good about the phone. It has a poor network reception, camera is terrible, so many apps don't function well on the itel P40. The itel P40 never sold for around 50k. The cheapest it sold for from the date of it's availability in the market was 68k. That phone is completely useless. Other people who bought the same itel P40 had the same complain. I guess you work it itel that's why you are hyping the itel P40. Asides the 6000mah battery, there's nothing good about that useless phone.
Guys, the itel P40 is noth
ing but a useless phone. Do not be mislead

Lol, 68k would have bought you the plus version or the S23 grin
I bought mine 56,500 @ Slot and I have people that bought it 49,500.

For the network, check your network, I am now using it as hotspot for my remaining pixel phones. For the camera 13mp, it's okay if you know how to take a shot unless you be photographer. Can you state the apps that are not functioning well on an Unisoc Sc9863A1 processor with inbuilt of 4gig ram and LCD display of 720 x 1612 or I didn't read the spec before buying it?

1 Like

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Helgreenluv(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2023
seunlayi:

Lol, 68k would have bought you the plus version or the S23 grin
I bought mine 56,500 @ Slot and I have people that bought it 49,500.

For the network, check your network, I am now using it as hotspot for my remaining pixel phones. For the camera 13mp, it's okay if you know how to take a shot unless you be photographer. Can you state the apps that are not functioning well on an Unisoc Sc9863A1 processor with inbuilt of 4gig ram and LCD display of 720 x 1612 or I didn't read the spec before buying it?

I still disagree with you completely about the price you said you bought your itel P40. I don't want to call you a liar. Perhaps you've forgotten about the price you bought it for. Google lens doesn't work on the itel P40. No apps lock works well on the itel P40. I tried more than 50 different ones and the result was the same. It will lock and after some minutes. It will automatically be open. Google lens is completely not supported. Abeg itel P40 na phone? I'd rather buy a Vivo phone than buy an itel phone again. The are the worst brand ever
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Helgreenluv(m): 9:43am On Dec 24, 2023
Guys avoid itel phones like a plague. Their phones are absolutely rubbish
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by seunlayi(m): 9:54am On Dec 24, 2023
Helgreenluv:

I still disagree with you completely about the price you said you bought your itel P40. I don't want to call you a liar. Perhaps you've forgotten about the price you bought it for. Google lens doesn't work on the itel P40. No apps lock works well on the itel P40. I tried more than 50 different ones and the result was the same. It will lock and after some minutes. It will automatically be open. Google lens is completely not supported. Abeg itel P40 na phone? I'd rather buy a Vivo phone than buy an itel phone again. The are the worst brand ever
I don't use app lock. Wetin I dey lock after using phone lock? Their is a version of gcam that work on p40 and lens work on it. For the price, see the attached image though it's faint due to printers ink

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Incredible128: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2023
Abeg, pls, never join huawei with itel; what are you saying??šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
orohbirodeysmel:

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Helgreenluv(m): 10:13am On Dec 24, 2023
seunlayi:

I don't use app lock. Wetin I dey lock after using phone lock? Their is a version of gcam that work on p40 and lens work on it. For the price, see the attached image though it's faint due to printers ink
There is nothing that works better than Google lens. Even the lastest Samsung fold have has it. Infinix, techno, vivo have it too. Why is it different on the itel P40? That phone is the worst phone I've ever used in my entire life. The network reception of that phone is very terrible. Guys avoid any of itel phones. Their phones are completely useless. Now I understand why their phones don't sell like Infinix and techno phones

Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by seunlayi(m): 10:25am On Dec 24, 2023
Helgreenluv:

There is nothing that works better than Google lens. Even the lastest Samsung fold have has it. Infinix, techno, vivo have it too. Why is it different on the itel P40? That phone is the worst phone I've ever used in my entire life. The network reception of that phone is very terrible. Guys avoid any of itel phones. Their phones are completely useless. Now I understand why their phones don't sell like Infinix and techno phones

You were ripped over 13k sad money for S23 with better cam, refresh rate, better design and processor.
Itel, Infinix, tecno all comes from the Same factory production line. The difference is based on spec required by the brand.
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Helgreenluv(m): 10:38am On Dec 24, 2023
seunlayi:

You were ripped over 13k sad money for S23 with better cam, refresh rate, better design and processor.
Itel, Infinix, tecno all comes from the Same factory production line. The difference is based on spec required by the brand.
You can't compare infinix ir techno with itel. The last one I used before buying the itel was a infinix hot 8. I got the itel P40 because of the huge battery capacity but I ended up been disappointed. Even the picture quality of the Infinix hot 8 is 10x better than that of the itel. Network reception is terrible. I've never regretted buying a phone like I did when I bought this crap from itel. Even if my father becomes the CEO of itel, I will NEVER use any of their phones again. Itel is the worst phone company ever.
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by YourMrBoo: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Vivo wey they follow Samsung for ranking you dey mention with transsion toys

Add respect to vivo abeg
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by tiswell(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2023
oneda:
The bad taste Transion devices left in my mouth since the days of Tecno M and L series still persists.
Samsung nor be anybody mate baba
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by Cheezzyy: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2023
Iā€™m not a fan of Itel, still prefer Tecno
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by OLamylove: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2023
Would be happy to have it
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by koskilala: 6:28am On Dec 26, 2023
Great device, beautiful too, I could still go for the spark 20 series though.
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by koskilala: 6:29am On Dec 26, 2023
oneda:
free this thing wey you dey talk, Tecno phones make sense wella
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by koskilala: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2023
YourMrBoo:

Vivo wey they follow Samsung for ranking you dey mention with transsion toys

Add respect to vivo abeg
which one be transsion toys again? Those transsion devices are amazing o.
Re: Will You Buy The Itel 5G Phone For N140,000? by YangaBabe: 5:24am On Dec 28, 2023
koskilala:
free this thing wey you dey talk, Tecno phones make sense wella
real talk, especially their recent devices.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malata N351 Android Mobile Phone / This Is The Boom J8 [ Photos & Video Unboxing] / Which App In Google Play Do You Use In Downloading Youtube Videos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.