Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,061 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele (1764 Views)

27 Protesters Arrested In Ogun For Vandalizing Two Banks / Obadiah Mailafia Is Dead: Former CBN Deputy Governor Dies In Abuja / How Govt Agency ‘illegally Sold SUV Worth N18m To Top Official At N750k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Sundaland: 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2023
Jim Obazee, the investigator appointed by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to investigate the affairs of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has said the government is on the brink of reclaiming two banks allegedly sold illegally to former CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele.

According to Obazee’s findings, Emefiele utilised proxies to acquire Union Bank of Nigeria for Titan Trust Bank Limited and Keystone Bank, with no evidence of payment.

The investigator submitted detailed reports on the acquisition of Union Bank and Keystone Bank to President Tinubu on Wednesday in two separate letters dated December 20, 2023.

This revelation follows Obazee’s prior discoveries that Emefiele purportedly stashed billions of naira in public funds across 593 bank accounts in the United States, United Kingdom, and China without approval from the apex bank’s board of directors and the CBN Investment Committee.

Read on..
https://dailypostngr.com/2023/12/fg-will-recover-two-banks-illegally-sold-to-emefiele-cbn-investigator/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Sundaland: 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2023
Hhmm, I didn't know he even bought a bank....TWO BANKS...without pay??

I was previously wondering how a smaller bank Titan Trust Bank Limited that was quickly established in 2018 ended up acquiring bank as big as Union bank with asset base then estimated at NGN1, 381 billion (US$4.1billion), Shareholders' equity NGN286 billion (US$851 million) at that time. Established in 1917. Number of employees: 2200.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by abhosts(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2023
Sundaland:
Hhmm, I didn't know he even bought a bank....TWO BANKS...without pay?? grin
Welcome to Naija!

All this happened under the watch of APC's anti-corruption lord and saviour, Buhari.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by immortalcrown(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2023
APC vs APC

The reason I don't bother about them is that their fight is a case of one criminal being jealous of another criminal. Neither the accused nor the accuser fights for the interest of the masses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by MightySparrow: 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2023
I don't want to say that if permitted, his tribe will sell Nigeria if elected president of Nigeria.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by MightySparrow: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
I don't want to say that if. Permitted, his brother will sell Nigeria if elected president.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by funshint(m): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2023
So na the werey get Titan Trust Bank....was wondering how that small fish was able to get such fund to float a commercial bank. They should Look into Premium Trust Bank too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Bragalane: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2023
Exactly like Obasanjo n Odili during obj tenure.

immortalcrown:
APC vs APC

The reason I don't bother about them is that their fight is a case of one criminal being jealous of another criminal. Neither the accused nor the accuser fights for the interest of the masses.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by funshint(m): 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2023
immortalcrown:
APC vs APC

Abeg dey talk straight jare....how is this infighting? We're talking about gross financial misappropriation here. So if they decide to do nothing you will still dey shout paddypaddy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Cyberterror: 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2023
Emefiele has disgraced himself and his family. He exposed himself before Nigerians and the international community to be a hardened thief.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by reiddecuti: 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
Emiefele really do Nigeria strong things under the watch of Mr. Integrity.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by immortalcrown(m): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2023
funshint:

Abeg dey talk straight jare....how is this infighting? We're talking about gross financial misappropriation here. So if they decide to do nothing you will still dey shout paddypaddy.
Try to understand simple English.
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by FreeStuffsNG: 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2023
abhosts:

All this happened under the watch of APC's anti-corruption lord and saviour, Buhari.
This your singsong will not stop FG from recovering those 2 banks. If it's Buhari that sent him, he will tell the courts and provide evidence. Check my signature for free stuffs!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by JagabanB: 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
abhosts:

And are still being exposed by same APC.
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by chisupport: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2023
APC!!!! Change!!!

Buhari's regim was something else 😀😀😀
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Justnation: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2023
You mentioned keystone bank? , please check your facts about the ownership of that bank and stop deceiving the public
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Sundaland: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2023
funshint:
So na the werey get Titan Trust Bank....was wondering how that small fish was able to get such fund to float a commercial bank. They should Look into Premium Trust Bank too.

Corruption is really killing us in this country. We need a total overhaul of the entire banking system.
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Melagros(m): 1:15am On Dec 24, 2023
I don't think there's any saint in buhari's government even femi Adesina, garbage shehu and buhari himself etc
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by SalamRushdie: 1:29am On Dec 24, 2023
The govt about to make another mistake that will affect future FDI if it does anything to revoke Titan Trust acquisition of Union Bank ...Emeifele doesn't have a dime in Titan Trust , it's owned by Dutch billionaire Cornelis Vink,
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Wutinky: 1:43am On Dec 24, 2023
MightySparrow:
I don't want to say that if. Permitted, his brother will sell Nigeria if elected president.

Is that why your people presented cartel as your leader?
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Wutinky: 1:45am On Dec 24, 2023
Justnation:
You mentioned keystone bank? , please check your facts about the ownership of that bank and stop deceiving the public

I like the way they are exposing themselve to Southerners. All na wash

1 Like

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by MightySparrow: 5:54am On Dec 24, 2023
Wutinky:

Is that why your people presented cartel as your leader?

Yes, that is why emefieoleeeeeeeeeeee had illegal 539 bank accounts. Lamido Sanusi, Kemi Adeosun...were there. Emefieoleeeeeeeeeeee almost sold Nigeria.

Oleeeeeeee!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by raskymonojendor: 6:02am On Dec 24, 2023
This man is a bigger criminal that I initially thought.
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by MightySparrow: 6:10am On Dec 24, 2023
raskymonojendor:

They will come for you.

I know.

There are very good people from that tribe Madam Morld Back, then the solution, who was able to buy and spent a billion Naira to get gubernatorial form shortly after leaving office.

Then, Emefiole.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Passionnn: 6:22am On Dec 24, 2023
funshint:

And POLARIS BANK

1 Like

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by BigDawsNet: 7:10am On Dec 24, 2023
He reap where he dint sow..

Only God will judge this man with is tif tif
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by SalamRushdie: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2023
funshint:

He is not the owner ...Titan Trust is owned by Cornelis Vink a dutch billionaire
Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by badoh(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2023
SalamRushdie:
The govt about to make another mistake that will affect future FDI if it does anything to revoke Titan Trust acquisition of Union Bank ...Emeifele doesn't have a dime in Titan Trust , it's owned by Dutch billionaire Cornelis Vink,
So the investigator findings is wrong abi? Dey play.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Recover Two Banks Illegally Sold To Former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele by Tranquillity360: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2023
MightySparrow:
I don't want to say that if permitted, his tribe will sell Nigeria if elected president of Nigeria.
Abeg my yoruba Muslim friend what is his tribe and which region is he from grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Obidients On Twitter Beg Peter Obi To Dump Labour Party / A New Face for Cross River / Invitation Letter: Change Of Venue President Wife Program In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.